“Elegant rooms and comfortable beds with spectacular views”

The Hotel - Brussels
Ranked #17 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have just return from a business trip in Brussels and I stayed in the Hotel for a first time. The Hotel is very elegant including both the lobby, bar and the rooms. In the rooms the beds are very comfortable with quality bed linen and in the bathroom you will also find good quality towels (after an excellent shower). The only thing which might be improved are missing vegetables in the breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HotelBrusselsManager, DotCom Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Henrich K,

I'm delighed to read that you enjoyed your stay here. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts with other travelers.

I truly hope you will stay with us again during your next business trip in Brussels!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed at The Hotel a few weeks ago for a conference held at the hotel. This is a very nice, hotel particularly for the business traveler. The location is relatively convenient to the main historical sites and old part of the city and there are metro stops nearby. Boulevard Waterloo is a busy main thoroughfare through the southern part of the city and has many of the high end shops. If you want a more quaint, quiet locale this is not the place for you. But if you walk out the backside of the hotel there is a beautiful park and beyond that you can start walking downhill to the Grand Place (about 20 minutes).

I had a room on the 18th floor and the view is spectacular and really makes the hotel what it is (besides the style). I was upgraded upon check-in as my room had been given away and I was so glad for this as the suite was spacious, comfortable and made for a great place to relax and take in the city. The bathroom was great and also very spacious. For me personally the modern styling is great especially in a city like Brussels, it just fits.

The hotel conference areas were fantastic, a lot of windows made for meeting rooms you were not trying to escape from. The service in the conference areas was subtle but very attentive to detail. I was not the conference organizer, but if you are planning something in Brussels I would certainly consider The Hotel.

I do think the breakfast buffet was fine and fulfilled its purpose, could have been better to match the rest of the hotel (or cheaper).

I would recommend this hotel to the business traveler. It would be fine for a vacation if cost is not so much a consideration and you don't mind a sizable hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Jon,

Thank you so much for the kind recommendation. I'm delighted to read that you really enjoyed our conference areas, and I hope you had fruitful meetings there!

Looking forward to welcoming you back to The Hotel.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

The room was lovely; both bedroom and bathroom were well laid out. Luckily for the hotel, I feel the quality of the room is the most important consideration in the rating. The front desk service was absolutely terrible. When I arrived around 11:30 one day, there was exactly one person working at the front desk, and a very large group trying to check in. When I finally got to the front of the line, the receptionist left the front desk to go talk to someone who appeared to be a vendor from outside of the hotel. Absolutely atrocious service. Checking out was no better; the divided front desk (into two groups of two computers, although even during a busy check out time only two people were working) means that you don't actually get served in the order you get there; it depends on which line you end up in. The lobby is also very dark. Breakfast was okay; only one machine for coffee makes it very difficult in the morning when the restaurant is crowded. I gave a "Very good" rating because the room itself was lovely and comfortable with a great view of the city. However, the hotel has a lot of work to do to bring its staff up to the level of the rooms.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
HotelBrusselsManager, DotCom Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Moroccanexpat

Thank you very much for providing feedback following your recent stay at The Hotel. I am glad to read you enjoyed the comfort of our modern rooms, but of course I am disappointed that we were not able to provide you a smooth check-in and check-out. We've noticed similar reviews recently and we will definitely be working on this.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I have just stayed at the Hotel once again, this time together with my wife, and enjoyed it once again. The rooms are very comfortable with lots of daylight, the bed and the duvets make you sleep like a baby and the shower reminds you of a waterfall in the Southamerican jungle....

But I still miss being able to open the windows in order to be able to listen to the city and breathe some fresh air. And you might consider equipping some of the rooms with a proper desk. It's very difficult to find a comfortable working position in the sofa with your laptop on the pivoting table.

Staying with you next week as well and already looking forward to it.... :-)

Dear Poul,

I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your second visit as much as your first!
Thanks for the comments, I will definitely share them with our management.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to The Hotel next week!

Reviewed 11 October 2013

It's a well renovated hotel next to the Brussels fashion area. Large, well equipped and clean room with all the goodies (Nespresso coffe machine, I-Pod dock, etc.) you might need for a quiet and confortable stay.

Don't miss it, if you can afford it!

Dear Francesco,

Thank you so much for your kind recommendation. I appreciate this very much, and hope we may welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Well, I'm so tired to explain my bad experience... Sorry, the hotel I recognized was beautiful, the room was good decorated but so much mistake about our booking and no correct information...and mistake of my invoice made us feel bad.

We booked a Feel Good Package with a deluxe room but finally nothing was feel good. We had the 2205 luxe room corner.

1. the massage is for 1hour and not 2 as the agent told me...anyway I paid the extra.

2. the lounge bar closed at 8.00pm and no 11.00pm as the agent told me, so we didn't drink anything. It was Saturday evening.

3. No bathroom, anyway the shower was good quality.

4. Just 1 bath towel when we arrived...we called the reception on 9.00pm

Well...these points were constated when we arrived... but the worst was the next day in the morning.

5. We suddlenly wake up by a big noise...like an earthquake last a long time... we called the reception, they said > we were down the fitness. We didn't stand anymore, we left the room and went to breakfast.

6. Well...how to say ? The choice was simple like most hotels BUT no eggs includ for a breakfast costing 19€ ! We have to pay extra > 3€ for classic, 5€ for omelet, 8€ for English style etc.... I didn't order some but I saw the plate > no extraordinary. Anyway, my opinion is : asking extra for an egg is not chic and elegant.

7. We cancelled our booking of the lunch in their restaurant because we felt bad...too much bad surprise gave us bad mood. We decided to leave and went to check out.

8. The reception informed us the extra for the massage, Ok we we said. So she said : Will you want an envelop for the invoice ? Yes we said. She gave us our envelop. My husband took it and range it in his jacket. She didn't show us the invoice before, she didn't inform us the amount. We trust her. We left the hotel, we didn't verify anything... But when we arrived at our home in Paris, we opened all our invoices checking the CB etc... and big suprise ! the hotel charge the parking for 35€. This charge was normally included in the Feel Good package.

So, I sended an email to inform them the error... I waited 12 hours, I called the hotel.

Finally I receipt a reply by mail with apologize and the refund.

I was rasssured by their comments of course but so much bad experience for just 1 evening...so I'm not sure If we will choose the same hotel for our next trip. We spend 365€.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HotelBrusselsManager, DotCom Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear Ms. Lily,

I am sorry that you have left us so disappointed. As you mention our Guest Relations Manager was directly in touch with you and reassured you; but I still find it important for both you and future guests to address and clarify all the mentioned points:

- The “Urban Spa Getaway” package includes 1 hour of treatment per day = 1 x 60 minutes or 2x 30 minutes. One person can enjoy a treatment of 1 hour, or 2 persons can both enjoy a treatment of 30 minutes. Parking is indeed included for this package. My sincere apologies that you were charged. In the meanwhile you have been refunded, and we have reminded our team to be more attentive.
- The Panorama Lounge has different opening hours during week and week-end: from Monday to Friday the Panorama Lounge is open from 7:00 to 23:00, on Saturday/Sunday and Bank Holidays it is accessible from 12:00 until 20:00. We received the wrong check-in date which you later rectified. The misunderstanding about the opening hours might be related to this date switch. The opening hours are also indicated on the keycards we provide during check-in.
- We have different bath room types available. You stayed in a Deluxe Panorama Corner room with an open bathroom offering a unique view on the city, and which is most popular with our guests. However we also have rooms available with closed bathrooms offering bath or shower. Guests that have a preference may always inform us.
- My sincere apologies for the noise & the fact that your room was not equipped like it should have been upon your arrival. I can assure you that both issues have been addressed to our management to take action and avoid this from happening again.
- We really appreciate reviews since they offer us very useful insights. Recently we received similar feedback related to breakfast, and our management is looking into adapting our breakfast concept.

I am happy to read that you found the design of The Hotel beautiful, and I truly hope you enjoyed your time in Brussels.

Should you wish to stay with us again in the future please contact me directly, and I will personally ensure your next stay goes smoothly.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

The simple fact of the matter is that this property is - for the number of stars it purports to have - merely average. There's certainly nothing wrong with the hotel: the staff is competent, the rooms are clean, the amenities are in good repair, and the general design aesthetic is well executed. There is an uninspired lounge area with a small drinks menu, a reasonable restaurant with somewhat expensive lunch and dinner offerings, and a customary over-priced jewellery store in the lobby. The hotel is reasonably well situated in the centre of the city, and offers rapid access to both public transit and main traffic thoroughfares.

Nothing about those statements is surprising at the 4-star level, but nothing about those statements is anything other than squarely, perfectly average either. If you're looking for a safe, relatively pleasant option at a business-traveller price, The Hotel is a good bet. If, however, you're looking for anything with real style, substance, character, charm, or luxury, then you had best explore another option.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
HotelBrusselsManager, DotCom Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Daniel,

I am sorry to hear that unlike other reviewers you did not like our style or character. This is of course subject to taste, and I can only advise guests who are thinking about staying here to have a look at the pictures on our website to check if our style appeals to them.

With regards to the other remarks just one clarifcation: the jewellery store doesn't belong to The Hotel.