“very sleek but not ideal for light sleepers”

The Hotel - Brussels
Ranked #17 of 198 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The Hotel has a stunning decor and the room was exceptional, not to mention the view. Staff were also very friendly. As a light sleeper and frequent traveller, I was surprised at how much noise there was in the corridor. The banging of neighbours' doors woke me up at 5.30 and it sounded like the neighbour was showering IN my room.I was on the 23rd floor, not sure if this is the case for all other floors.
Given all the other qualities, I will try it one more time and hope that I was just unlucky.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HotelBrusselsManager, DotCom Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Kay,

I'm a light sleeper myself as well so I understand how important silence is for a good night sleep. My apologies that you were bothered due to noise. We recently received similar remarks for the mentioned floor, and took action to solve this.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch with me via kelly.wouters@thehotel.be for your next stay, so I can make it a memorable one.

There are newer reviews for The Hotel - Brussels

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Well renovated, well located hotel, room was quiet BUT I find it pathtic to have to pay the parking (24 Eur for 4 hours) with a 270 Eur non standard room and a complimentary bar. Was the first time and will be the last time I book this hotel. There are other ones offering more value.

1  Thank Philippe V
HotelBrusselsManager, DotCom Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Philippe,

To be honest I'm very disappointed to read that you think that The Hotel is well renovated, offers quiet rooms and is well located but still rate us with a 1 star because of the price of the parking. Especially since we are very transparent and clearly communicate the price of the parking on our website (> facilities > parking), as well as at the entrance of the parking itself. I notice you mention you paid € 24 for 4 hours parking. This must be a mistake since the price is € 19 for 4 hours, and € 24 for 6 hours. I will personally get in touch with you to look into this.

To clarify for future guests: room rates vary depending on the day of the week and the hotel's occupancy levels. Parking is never included in a room rate, except for special 'packages' like The Urban Spa Package. For every room type guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi, a complimentary minibar, and access to The Urban Spa & Fitness. The non standard room categories Deluxe Panorama (Corner) Room, Panorama Suite and Splendour Suite offer some extra advantages on top of that: breakfast is included in the rate, as well as access to the Panorama Lounge for complimentary drinks & snacks with a touch of sky-high glamour.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have just return from a business trip in Brussels and I stayed in the Hotel for a first time. The Hotel is very elegant including both the lobby, bar and the rooms. In the rooms the beds are very comfortable with quality bed linen and in the bathroom you will also find good quality towels (after an excellent shower). The only thing which might be improved are missing vegetables in the breakfast.

Dear Henrich K,

I'm delighed to read that you enjoyed your stay here. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts with other travelers.

I truly hope you will stay with us again during your next business trip in Brussels!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed at The Hotel a few weeks ago for a conference held at the hotel. This is a very nice, hotel particularly for the business traveler. The location is relatively convenient to the main historical sites and old part of the city and there are metro stops nearby. Boulevard Waterloo is a busy main thoroughfare through the southern part of the city and has many of the high end shops. If you want a more quaint, quiet locale this is not the place for you. But if you walk out the backside of the hotel there is a beautiful park and beyond that you can start walking downhill to the Grand Place (about 20 minutes).

I had a room on the 18th floor and the view is spectacular and really makes the hotel what it is (besides the style). I was upgraded upon check-in as my room had been given away and I was so glad for this as the suite was spacious, comfortable and made for a great place to relax and take in the city. The bathroom was great and also very spacious. For me personally the modern styling is great especially in a city like Brussels, it just fits.

The hotel conference areas were fantastic, a lot of windows made for meeting rooms you were not trying to escape from. The service in the conference areas was subtle but very attentive to detail. I was not the conference organizer, but if you are planning something in Brussels I would certainly consider The Hotel.

I do think the breakfast buffet was fine and fulfilled its purpose, could have been better to match the rest of the hotel (or cheaper).

I would recommend this hotel to the business traveler. It would be fine for a vacation if cost is not so much a consideration and you don't mind a sizable hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Jon,

Thank you so much for the kind recommendation. I'm delighted to read that you really enjoyed our conference areas, and I hope you had fruitful meetings there!

Looking forward to welcoming you back to The Hotel.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

The room was lovely; both bedroom and bathroom were well laid out. Luckily for the hotel, I feel the quality of the room is the most important consideration in the rating. The front desk service was absolutely terrible. When I arrived around 11:30 one day, there was exactly one person working at the front desk, and a very large group trying to check in. When I finally got to the front of the line, the receptionist left the front desk to go talk to someone who appeared to be a vendor from outside of the hotel. Absolutely atrocious service. Checking out was no better; the divided front desk (into two groups of two computers, although even during a busy check out time only two people were working) means that you don't actually get served in the order you get there; it depends on which line you end up in. The lobby is also very dark. Breakfast was okay; only one machine for coffee makes it very difficult in the morning when the restaurant is crowded. I gave a "Very good" rating because the room itself was lovely and comfortable with a great view of the city. However, the hotel has a lot of work to do to bring its staff up to the level of the rooms.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
HotelBrusselsManager, DotCom Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Moroccanexpat

Thank you very much for providing feedback following your recent stay at The Hotel. I am glad to read you enjoyed the comfort of our modern rooms, but of course I am disappointed that we were not able to provide you a smooth check-in and check-out. We've noticed similar reviews recently and we will definitely be working on this.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I have just stayed at the Hotel once again, this time together with my wife, and enjoyed it once again. The rooms are very comfortable with lots of daylight, the bed and the duvets make you sleep like a baby and the shower reminds you of a waterfall in the Southamerican jungle....

But I still miss being able to open the windows in order to be able to listen to the city and breathe some fresh air. And you might consider equipping some of the rooms with a proper desk. It's very difficult to find a comfortable working position in the sofa with your laptop on the pivoting table.

Staying with you next week as well and already looking forward to it.... :-)

Dear Poul,

I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your second visit as much as your first!
Thanks for the comments, I will definitely share them with our management.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to The Hotel next week!

Reviewed 11 October 2013

It's a well renovated hotel next to the Brussels fashion area. Large, well equipped and clean room with all the goodies (Nespresso coffe machine, I-Pod dock, etc.) you might need for a quiet and confortable stay.

Don't miss it, if you can afford it!

Dear Francesco,

Thank you so much for your kind recommendation. I appreciate this very much, and hope we may welcome you again soon!