“good”

Ranked #16 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Nijlen
“good”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

the hotel is located in a very good neighbourhood and is easy to reach.
The people working in the hotel are always very friendly and try to help you as god as they can. The rooms are clean and are exactly as mentioned in the description.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HotelBrusselsManager, Community Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Gysemans W

Thank you for your warm review. I really appreciate your feedback, and I hope I may welcome you again soon to The Hotel.

Have a great day!

The Hotel. Brussels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Barcelona
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Good but needs improving details. Poor service, irresponsive reception , In room dinning unappealing, no place to hang or to store your clothes, follows the very stupid fashion of linking together room and bathroom. Bar closing too early.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Nadal G
Dear Nadal G

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your recent stay in The Hotel.

I’m a bit disappointed to read your feedback about our service. Guest service is a top priority for The Hotel, and we work very hard to improve it on a daily basis. Your comment is noted, and I will discuss it internally. It’s an extra motivation for myself and my colleagues to provide our guests with an exquisite service.

All our rooms are recently refurbished, and they have a revolutionary new layout. The space has been carefully optimized to provide the visitor with maximum utility, whether it’s to work, relax or simply enjoy a great view of Brussels.

Our bathrooms contribute to the overall feeling of spaciousness. We offer different bathroom options: open plan bathroom, a semi open plan bathroom and a closed bathroom. If you like we can show you these different types during your next visit, let me know if this would interest you.

We are aware that the storage options in our rooms can be improved for longer stays. Several storage solutions are investigated as we speak.

I would like to inform you that The Bar opens & serves food from 12h00 until 22h30. Afterwards The Bar stays open for drinks until 02h00. Our concierge knows the best places in Brussels, and would love to advise you if you have any specific requests.

I hope we are able to welcome you again to The Hotel.

Peiraia
Reviewed 4 March 2014

It was a short business trip in a very good design hotel.
The view from th 12th floor was amazing and the room was perfect. The breakfast needs improovements. Very clean rooms and the staff was very goods and friendly. The hotel is a little bit expensive.

1 Thank Nikiforidis G
Dear Nikiforidis G

Thank you for describing The Hotel as a very good business accommodation. Your honest feedback is warmly welcomed and noted.

I hope we are able to welcome you back to The Hotel in the near future.

Bromley
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My husband and I went to this hotel as a treat to celebrate my birthday
The restaurant in the hotel had such amazing reviews we were excited to try it
The food was really disappointing
I couldn't eat mine the rice was over cooked and stuck to the pot the fish still had congealed blood on it and the sauce was like chip shop rubbish
My husbands was slightly more edible but still not amazing
When someone finally came over so I could say what the problem was it was late I lost my appetite
I wasn't offered a different main course or a refund
eventually the waiter agreed to take the half bottle of wine off our bill as a gesture!

During the night my husband banged his head on the vanity /bathroom mirror and it broke
he wasn't injured fortunately but despite our telling the front desk in the morning we were left for another two days and nights in that room, before anyone came to see the damage
We were then told we would have to buy a replacement mirror at 350.00 Euros!
when we complained about this we were told that they couldn't use the room until it was replaced and were lucky they didn't charge us for the loss!!!
I am still stunned by the arrogant unsympathetic and unhelpful behavior as well as this ridiculous charge from this hotel
Were not teenagers smashing up a hotel room but a middle aged couple hoping for a relaxing break.
This was anything but and I've never had a more miserable and expensive birthday treat either!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Coomber G
Dear Coomber G

I’m sorry to hear that your birthday celebration in The Hotel didn’t live up to your expectations. Let me first of all apologize for this, as it should be a joyful occasion.

Thank you for sharing your experience about The Restaurant by Pierre Balthazar. I’m disappointed to read that you didn’t like your menu choice. I have informed the management team with your feedback, as I’m sure that they will appreciate this information.

I’m sorry to hear that your husband accidently broke the bathroom mirror in the room, and I’m relieved that he wasn’t injured. My colleagues informed me that they appreciate your honest mention of the broken mirror, and that they kept in touch with you during your stay.

The Duty Manager offered you to move to another room because of the broken mirror, and this offer was unfortunately not taken up. He also explained the mirror replacement procedure to you, in order to inform you in the best possible way. I learn from your feedback that the replacement procedure, and the corresponding explanation wasn’t satisfactory. Therefore, I would like to invite you to contact me or the Duty Manager if you have any further questions.

I hope we are able to welcome you again to The Hotel & The Restaurant by Pierre Balthazar. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch via yves.frateur@thehotel.be if I can be of any further assistance.

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I was there for a convention with international colleagues who all stayed at The Hotel. The venue was great and the choice of refreshments and snacks during breaks were healthy and up to a 5-star hotel.
Rooms was very nice, the view was superb from the 20th floor!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HotelBrusselsManager, Community Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Vicky P

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I’m proud to read that you had a wonderful convention in The Hotel. I will certainly inform my Meetings & Events colleagues about your review, as I’m sure that they will appreciate your feedback.

I hope we are able to welcome you again to The Hotel in the future.

Leipzig
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Nice Hotel at good location in depence on which part of Brussels you are looking for.
Fast and reliable internet connection (for free).

Breakfast is fine although some more fruits could be make avaiabl.

In summary: excellent place to stay during business trips to Brussels

Dear Mueller A

Your honest feedback about your recent stay in The Hotel in most welcome. Thank you for sharing!

The Hotel is indeed well located, within walking distance of most touristic highlights. Public transport is nearby, so you can easily travel through Brussels.

I’m pleased to see you enjoyed our breakfast. Your breakfast suggestion is well noted, and I will lay inform the Restaurant Manager accordingly.

I’m looking forward to your next stay in Brussels, and I hope you will choose The Hotel again.

Avelgem
Reviewed 2 March 2014

It was a very short stay, but an excellent one. The people at the reception were very polite and helpfull. The room was marvellous. I would certainly book again!!!
I can not rate breakfast or other facilities though, as we didn't use them....

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HotelBrusselsManager, Community Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Vandamme S

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your short stay in The Hotel.
Your feedback about my colleagues at reception and the room is very welcome.

Keep me informed via yves.frateur@thehotel.be when you would like to book again. I will gladly assist you further.

Have a great day!