“Excellent Brussels Hotel”

Ranked #16 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Nicosia
“Excellent Brussels Hotel”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Spacious, modern and well isolated room, comfortable bed, satisfactory free wifi and excellent other facilities. Knowing the hotel from its previous life, now it is probably the best hotel in Brussels. I hope they continue offering competitive prices.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HotelBrusselsManager, Community Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Iacovou C

I’m humbled by your review. Thank you for describing us as the best hotel in Brussels, this really means a lot to us. :-)

Please don’t hesitate to get in touch via yves.frateur@thehotel.be, so I can make you next stay even more sparkling.

The Hotel. Brussels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This is the old Hilton hotel, renovated. The design is very beautiful but the physical plant and service still need some work. If you want functioning wifi, don't accept a room at the end of the hall. ("I guess the router is too far, Madame" - with a shrug.) And since the hotel's windows are sealed, you'll find yourself trapped in a sauna if the heating system malfunctions as mine did. On the first night, hot air blew loudly into the room until it got to about 30C/85F, by 2 am. Couldn't turn it off. Reception said they had no one to look at the thermostat, so they let me sleep in another room, which was much appreciated until the TV woke me up at 6 am with a welcome message. Then they moved me back to the first room, where the forced air was still loud but now it was possible to turn it off. Ahh - a much-needed night of undisturbed sleep - until 7:30 a.m. when housekeeping began tapping on the door and didn't stop until I got out of bed, opened the door, and begged for peace. I mentioned it to the hotel's "quality control" manager, whose response was to ask whether I had put the 'do not disturb' sign on the door. I hadn't; didn't expect relentless early knocking. The hotel is truly beautiful; stay there if you're flexible about sleep.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of the park, and in the middle of the hotel if you want reliable wifi. Mak...
2 Thank Avidtravelista
HotelBrusselsManager, Community Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Avidtravelista

Thank you for taking your time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay in The Hotel.

Your feedback is much appreciated, as it is this interaction with our customers that allows us to further improve the quality of our service. The Hotel attaches great importance to our guest’s comfort, and all your comments are carefully taken into account.

I’m very sorry to learn that we were unable to meet your expectations during your stay, and that this overshadowed your total experience. I informed myself about your stay, and my colleagues told me that you experienced an unfortunate series of events. I advised the concerned departments. They will implement concrete actions to assure that our guest service remains courteous and efficient.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience. I hope these incidents will not tarnish the image we strive to achieve at The Hotel.

I would like to refer to our personal communication, and I hope to be able to welcome you soon again to The Hotel.

Warszawa
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I don't usually like black, but you have made it work for you in every way. You also made great use of small space with innovative design and use solutions in the rooms. The effect is spectacular! Great touch with the magazines and books in rooms; I liked the bath facilities.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HotelBrusselsManager, Community Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Dabrowska D

I would like to thank you for your spectacular feedback, which is more than appreciated!
I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back, and meanwhile the entire team of The Hotel wishes you a great day!

Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I was in total awe of The Hotel! I stayed in a Deluxe Panorama Corner room and the view was stunning. The attention to detail in this hotel is amazing, it's so much more than a 4* hotel. The room isn't the biggest one I've ever stayed in but the clever use of the space and gorgeous design makes it one of the best rooms I've ever seen. I love it that with the room comes the access to the Panorama Lounge, a lounge where you can enjoy the beautiful view even more while drinking a (included) beverage or eating a little bite. I've also visited the Urban Spa and was very charmed by it. it's not very big, a sauna and steambath, but the details were again so perfect: you enter the spa with your roomcard right into the changing room, there are towels, water and apples to your disposal and the view in the sauna is mindblowing. Best sauna visit I ever experienced. The breakfast was tasty and roomservice excellent. It's really worth your extra money to pay for a room with access to the Panorama Lounge and Urban Spa. I've been thinking about reasons to stay there again, loved it so much! Good tip: book a friday evening, the hotel is popular for business travels and so less busy in the weekend.

Room Tip: The Deluxe Panorama Corner room has a stunning view!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
HotelBrusselsManager, Community Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Hanne

Thank you for taking your time to review The Hotel. Your 5 star rating is warmly welcomed. Keep me posted if you found a reason to stay again in Brussels. I will gladly assist you with your next reservation.

Have an excellent day, and hopefully see you soon in The Hotel!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This is a really good hotel with helpful staff and great atmosphere. We had a room at the 14th floor and the view was amazing. Behind the hotel is a park where you can relax after a long walk around the town.

Room Tip: ask for a room on a higher floor
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelBrusselsManager, Community Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear CarmenScurtu

A warm thank you to you! Your 5 star rating is kindly welcomed.

Parc d’Egmont is indeed a relaxing environment just behind The Hotel. Thank you for sharing this tip!

When you are back in Brussels, I hope that The Hotel will have the honour to welcome you again.

Haarlem, The Netherlands
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We loved The Hotel. The rooms were very well equipped (the only point of criticism would be that there were not enough Nespresso cups), we greatly enjoyed the Spa facilities and we had a very nice breakfast and lunch. The atmosphere is modern, yet comfortable. And of course, the view of the city is exceptional. We have already recommended The Hotel to friends.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jaap B

Thank you for reviewing & recommending The Hotel.

I see that you enjoyed your stay, and I appreciate your kind words. Please don’t hesitate to contact my colleagues during your stay, when you have any requests. They will gladly assist you further.

I hope we are able to welcome you again to The Hotel in the near future.

Italy
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I have been in all hotels 4-5 stars in brussels and I believe this the best one!
the view is amazing, nice staff nice EVERYTHING. We ate at the Restaurant and it was SUBLIME. EXCELLENT
the rooms are very contemporary - functional - and very nice.

Dear Rosyfab

An amazing review that deserves an enormous THANK YOU. :-)
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch via yves.frateur@thehotel.be, when you would like to return to The Hotel. It will be my pleasure to personally take care of your next reservation.