“Good for single occupancy”

The Hotel - Brussels
Ranked #17 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Anières, Switzerland
“Good for single occupancy”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The corner room with imposing view was not designed for double occupancy. For one, the only wardrobe was quite small and 2 tiny drawers were not sufficient either. It will be more difficult in winter.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HotelBrusselsManager, Community Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Mason F

Thank you for reviewing your corner room in The Hotel. The corner rooms are carefully optimized to provide the visitor with maximum utility, whether it’s to work, relax or simply enjoy a great view of Brussels.

Your feedback about the storage improvement is well noted. Currently we investigate how we can further optimize the storage facilities in our rooms.

I hope we are able to welcome you back to The Hotel.

The Hotel. Brussels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Le Roeulx
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The welcome and the check-in was really fast and 5 minutes later we were settled in our beautiful room with an amazing view of Brussels. Everything was perfect and was like we expected. The price for the room according to the location, the view, the free mini bar with some beverage, the luxury of the room was really fair! If you're looking for a good hotel to spend a love night, this is the place to be!

Dear Magoufakis L

It seems you had a lovely stay in Brussels. Thank you for sharing this exquisite review, and recommending The Hotel.

Please don’t hesitate to get in touch when you would like to return to The Hotel. It will be my pleasure to make your next stay even more sparkling.

Gouda
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The hotel was excellent and very beautifull. The staff was a bit unpersonal, very crowded in the lobby with checkout. Nicely located in brussels near the high priced shopping area, 15min walk to center

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HotelBrusselsManager, Community Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Tielman M

Thank you for reviewing The Hotel.

Although I’m contented by the fact that you enjoyed your stay at The Hotel, I would like to apologize if our service didn’t meet your expectations. Guest service is very important to us, so I hope we may prove our outstanding services to you in the future.

I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to The Hotel for a sparkling stay in Brussels.

La Tour-de-peilz
Reviewed 2 April 2014

A very nice hotel, where design doesn't hamper some cosy atmosphere. The location is great and the view is simply spectacular when you have a corner room on the 23rd floor or have breakfast on the 24th. Staff is helpful, present, while leaving you in peace when you don't need them.

Dear Yot P

Thanks for your 5 star review of The Hotel.

I’m proud to read that you enjoyed your stay in one of our corner rooms. These room types indeed offer magnificent views over Brussels. Your feedback about my colleagues is also very welcome.

I hope to welcome you soon again to The Hotel, and wish you a lovely weekend!

Nicosia
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Spacious, modern and well isolated room, comfortable bed, satisfactory free wifi and excellent other facilities. Knowing the hotel from its previous life, now it is probably the best hotel in Brussels. I hope they continue offering competitive prices.

Dear Iacovou C

I’m humbled by your review. Thank you for describing us as the best hotel in Brussels, this really means a lot to us. :-)

Please don’t hesitate to get in touch via yves.frateur@thehotel.be, so I can make you next stay even more sparkling.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This is the old Hilton hotel, renovated. The design is very beautiful but the physical plant and service still need some work. If you want functioning wifi, don't accept a room at the end of the hall. ("I guess the router is too far, Madame" - with a shrug.) And since the hotel's windows are sealed, you'll find yourself trapped in a sauna if the heating system malfunctions as mine did. On the first night, hot air blew loudly into the room until it got to about 30C/85F, by 2 am. Couldn't turn it off. Reception said they had no one to look at the thermostat, so they let me sleep in another room, which was much appreciated until the TV woke me up at 6 am with a welcome message. Then they moved me back to the first room, where the forced air was still loud but now it was possible to turn it off. Ahh - a much-needed night of undisturbed sleep - until 7:30 a.m. when housekeeping began tapping on the door and didn't stop until I got out of bed, opened the door, and begged for peace. I mentioned it to the hotel's "quality control" manager, whose response was to ask whether I had put the 'do not disturb' sign on the door. I hadn't; didn't expect relentless early knocking. The hotel is truly beautiful; stay there if you're flexible about sleep.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of the park, and in the middle of the hotel if you want reliable wifi. Mak...
2 Thank Avidtravelista
HotelBrusselsManager, Community Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Avidtravelista

Thank you for taking your time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay in The Hotel.

Your feedback is much appreciated, as it is this interaction with our customers that allows us to further improve the quality of our service. The Hotel attaches great importance to our guest’s comfort, and all your comments are carefully taken into account.

I’m very sorry to learn that we were unable to meet your expectations during your stay, and that this overshadowed your total experience. I informed myself about your stay, and my colleagues told me that you experienced an unfortunate series of events. I advised the concerned departments. They will implement concrete actions to assure that our guest service remains courteous and efficient.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience. I hope these incidents will not tarnish the image we strive to achieve at The Hotel.

I would like to refer to our personal communication, and I hope to be able to welcome you soon again to The Hotel.

Warszawa
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I don't usually like black, but you have made it work for you in every way. You also made great use of small space with innovative design and use solutions in the rooms. The effect is spectacular! Great touch with the magazines and books in rooms; I liked the bath facilities.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HotelBrusselsManager, Community Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Dabrowska D

I would like to thank you for your spectacular feedback, which is more than appreciated!
I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back, and meanwhile the entire team of The Hotel wishes you a great day!