“Impressed”

The Hotel - Brussels
Ranked #18 of 198 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This is a very classy hotel with very reasonable rate, not sure if it is just us being lucky.

We took advantage of the upgrade to a deluxe panorama room which is on a higher floor. The room is very modern and stylish, loved the window sofa, and with the way the plugs and switches are set up, you know someone had thought it through to design the room in a way that is most convenient and comfortable to use. The bed and linens are also very comfortable. Loved the rain shower too, my only minor complain would be that open bathroom means the floor gets slightly wet from the shower, but only very little. I think it's good to ask for a non-open plan bathroom if you are not travelling alone nor with your other half, some might not feel too comfortable with it. The deluxe room is not much bigger than a normal room but the view is spectacular (we had views of Grand Place and also Atomium in a very far distance), plus you get access to the Panaroma Lounge for complimentary drinks. And did I mention a Nespresso machine and a small complimentary mini bar in the room too? That is service. I also loved the fragrance they used throughout the hotel, feels very luxurious and relaxing.

The location is great, it is just slightly out of city center, about 15 minutes walk. We prefer it this way, close enough to everything but away from the hustle and bustle.

The breakfast was standard, good quality and it may be slightly overpriced if it's not already included in the room rate.

Overall this is an excellent hotel and I'm already looking forward to my next stay in The Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunshine_penguin00
HotelBrusselsManager, Community Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear sunshine_penguin00

Thank you for writing such a lovely & elaborate review. I’m proud to read you enjoyed your Deluxe Panorama room, and the Panorama Lounge.

The luxurious & velvety scent in The Hotel is called ‘Le Parfum’, and is destined to spark curiosity. ‘Le Parfum’ home fragrance & scented candles are available for sale at the reception of The Hotel.

If you return to Brussels, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me via yves.frateur@thehotel.be. I would love to personally assist you with your next reservation.

There are newer reviews for The Hotel - Brussels

Reviewed 13 August 2014

The location is great, very near to the metro station and the shopping area. Staff are friendly and helpful. Room is large and clean. Though not a room with city view, but it still have a beautiful view. I like the bathroom, especially the massage shower head. Excellent!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Yuen-yan T

Thanks for sharing your excellent review of The Hotel. Your marvellous feedback is really appreciated. :-)

If you wish to return to The Hotel, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me via yves.frateur@thehotel.be, I would love to assist you personally with your next reservation.

The Hotel. Bruss

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Location just perfect: Easy access by car and other public transport. Metro station close by at Place Louise. Royal Palace and Museums, Sablon and also lively Ixelles / Boniface just around the corner. Grand place in walking distance. Top view on Brussels. Business friendly and also for tourist visit. Speedy Wifi and elevators. Didn't test the Spa yet, so have to come back!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Hanns66

Thank you for reviewing The Hotel. I hope I may welcome you personally in the future, when you are returning to test the Urban Spa & Fitness on the 23rd floor. :-)

PS: Fans of The Hotel are offered an exclusive discount (-15% on the Flexible Rate). If you wish to receive more information about this discount, or if I can assist you with anything, please don’t hesitate to get in touch via yves.frateur@thehotel.be.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

hello world! The Hotel Brussels... is THE hotel:) their king size bed made me stay in the room the first evening, relax and just watch tv! I cannot believe this... the king size bed effect:)
T

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HotelBrusselsManager, Community Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Teo C

Wow. Thank you for sharing your enthusiastic review about The Hotel.
It seems you really enjoyed your stay, and especially the luxurious King Size beds.

I’m looking forward to welcoming you again to The Hotel for another excellent stay. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me via yves.frateur@thehotel.be, if I can assist you with anything.

PS: Did you know that our Splendour Suites include a premium King Size bed? :-)

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Renovated to look bling and luxurious but they forgot that luxe is service!
30' to checkin with a "priority check-in".. But 1 person at the counter for hundreds of rooms!
Check-out, same! 30' waiting in queue!!
Panorama lounge offer a great view and drinks but no service, and most of items are empty 1h before closing.
Breakfast at the same level. All by yourself which is not a problem.. But don't expect a Sofitel-like level, not so many choice, for example nothing about fish.
So, was nice to see once for the view in the room but not coming back!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stienal

Dear Stienal

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I’m so disappointed to see that your stay at The Hotel didn’t live up to your expectations, and I would like to offer you my sincere apologies for that!

We continuously strive to provide an excellent guest service, and the positive TripAdvisor reviews by our guests show that our efforts are noticed. That’s why I’m surprised & disappointed to read your feedback.

I hope you allow us to prove our customer care to you. Please don’t hesitate to contact me via yves.frateur@thehotel.be, so I can assist you further.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I'm not really an hotel person, and when I do go to hotel, I try to get the best from it, and I do have to say that this is my best stay in an hotel.

The service was great, the room spotless with a very nice view of the "Palais de Justice", could even see The Atomium at the horizon. The night view is as amazing as the daily one.

The room is provided with very nice amenities and attentions to make your stay even better.

Room Tip: Upper floors are the best, and top that with a corner room, and you get a breath taking view of Brus...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
HotelBrusselsManager, Community Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear MaxPag

Wow. Thanks for sharing this majestic compliment about The Hotel. I really appreciate your kind words, and I’m looking forward to welcoming you again to The Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel did a lot for us during the event of (Tomorrowland) especially the manager he was there most of the time to make sure that our stay was good.
My only concern was then i checked in they requested that they would need to hold 300Euros using my visa card with out prevues notice but didn't mind and gave them the ok but the next day i found out from my bank that they blocked another amount with out telling me the amount of 645Euros and didn't unblock it till i checked out 4 days later i informed them about it and they told me that it was a mistake but didn't see any action taken.
over all the service and facilities was great and the Housekeeping team did a wonderful job in cleaning the room and following up when i had the DND sign on the door.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear AAlamro

Thank you for your magnificent 5 star review of your ‘Global Journey’ experience during Tomorrowland.

I’m sorry to hear that you were confronted with an unexpected VISA challenge, and I would like to apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions or remarks regarding this, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me via yves.frateur@thehotel.be.

I hope we may welcome you once again to The Hotel during your next visit to Brussels.