“The clerk added 8 Euros to my bill, the chocolates were okay”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Brussels Pralines

Brussels Pralines
Ranked #105 of 126 Shopping in Brussels
ON
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“The clerk added 8 Euros to my bill, the chocolates were okay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

The chocolate quality was good, but I purchased several prepared boxes and there wasn't that much variety. A 500g box had maybe 12-15 types of chocolates that repeated on each and every layer. That was very disappointing.

What was more frustrating was that after spending over 100 Euros in the store, the clerk added 8 Euros to my bill. I did not notice until getting back to my hotel. They certainly would have noticed at the end of the day when trying to balance their books, but I did not receive a refund on my credit card. Not impressed! Watch your bill if you shop here.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank honkerlee

Croatia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Before you get lost in the chocolaty labyrinth that is Brussels, go there”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

After comparing the offer, prices and, last but not least, payment options at several establishments, I have bought all my edible souvenirs at this small shop with a friendly, English speaking salesperson. One would think that paying by credit card or speaking English with staff at the Belgian capital would not present a problem, but one would be mistaken. Also, when you have to choose between tourist-flooded chains and highly expensive artisanal places, this might be the golden middle, although by looking at it from outside it looks rather low-end: don't be fooled by appearances. The pralines are fine and the boxes come at a good price.

Visited December 2011