“Rude Bar girl but friendly waiting staff...”
Review of The Old Oak - CLOSED

The Old Oak
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 November 2017

I was there to watch a football game.... but it was shown in ARABIC, its an irish pub, we spoke to the Scottish man who was also working there he advised what games would be played, he was very busy dealing with the customers who was waiting to order and get there food... I attempted to speak the girl who was working behind the bar she was unhelpful, rude, and i think afraid to crack a smile she said the only game that is being played is the one that is on now... I am an irish guy and visit many Irish pubs especially in Brussels... but this was really bad i dont think i have experienced this bad service from any person before, if you want people to come to your place you should be more friendly and accomodating.... however it was not all so bad my food was good and i didnt have to wait long, but i ate it and left as soon as we had finshed it.. the man who was working was very friendly and apologetic and he did try to solve the problem when he was able to but had no luck.. i dont think i will be back anytime soon, and i would not be recommending this place for ARABIC SPORTS.... I will send you an email with the rest of my complaint.... i took your email address from facebook i hope its the correct one. Thanks John

2  Thank agrumlover2017

Reviewed 15 October 2017

I was there with my partner this weekend on Saturday night during the Napoli game.. it was super busy, we were informed of the potential wait for the food from our waiter when we ordered, so that was not a problem, i had Fish and Chips and my partner had the Burger welldone, both were really nice and good. We will be back!! Keep up the good work, i dont know the waiters name but he had a funny accent, he was very welcoming and attentive.. keep up the hard work :)

1  Thank brusselsc0uple
Reviewed 1 October 2017

I went there with my friends to have a drink and take something to eat. It was OK, the service could be little faster. The rest was good.

1  Thank bello5
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

I came back to Old Oak, still having in mind those juicy, rich burgers they used to serve.
So once again, we all took burgers. But we came to the same conclusion: for the first time, the meat they served was really, really bad. This type of fat, compact industrial burgers, that you can buy in the deep-freeze section of your supermarket.
To my great surprise, the dessert was somehow a failure as well: a "dame blanche" ice cream served with cold industrial chocolate syrup rather than warm chocolate sauce: in Belgium, that's a no-go!

They probably recently changed management or their chef.
In either cases, I will not come back soon...

2  Thank nicov2
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Popped in for drinks here after dinner elsewhere and were welcomed very warmly - ended up staying for a couple! Would gladly go back on my next visit to Brussels