“hotel packs a punch”

Ranked #192 of 198 Hotels in Brussels
Edinburgh
“hotel packs a punch”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel as I had to catch an early morning train after a late arrival the night before. So I only stayed for four hours in this dirty grubby hotel.The receptionist told me when I checked in that the breakfast was not good.When I tried to leave to catch my train the door was locked with no receptionist in site. After ten minutes I banged hard on the desk and finally the receptionist appeared. He punched me and told me not to be noisy! After some argument he let me out and told me not to come back. As if i would want to.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Ericandrewpandy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Bangui, Central African Republic
Reviewed 14 September 2013

The hotel location is just perfect, since it is in the city center. I would assume that in 80's this would have been one of the best hotels. You can tell by the room design that the furniture was very old, the carpets had the weird smell, and the bed was not comfortable. The price was too expensive for the service offered. Internet is provided only in the lobby (too small for 5 people) and charged 5 Euro per day. The staff was very polite, though! All in all, ok for a short stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Naila M

Travellers are raving about these Brussels hotels

Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
Reviewed 6 July 2013

When I booked a room to stay here for three nights in June 2013 I was told the hotel had 65 rooms and free wi-fi throughout. False and false. I thought that because it had so few rooms it would be well kept. We were awoken in the middle of the night by the dripping of our bathroom ceiling which resulted in a flooded bathroom. When we asked reception to change our room they didn't think it was necessary. Internet was only available on the ground floor and cost 5 Euros/day. We quickly learned this hotel was located in a bad area based on confrontations with random strangers and the various sex shops directly outside of the hotel. Needless to say we were in before dark each night.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ars1234
Oppland
Reviewed 3 June 2013

The Manhattan Hotel is not the best hotel in Brussels, but it is a ok and clean hotel in the city centre.
The rooms are ok and the breakfast i simple and Continental, no more than that.

The service is polite and all in all it is a ok hotell for a small citybreak, if you don't spend to mutch time in the hotelroom...

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed there for 2 nights in group of young people visiting Brussels in April 2013.
We really appreciated location that was very near to almost everything. Room had simple
furniture but our was quite large so we had enough space. Also bathroom was quite nice.
Even though breakfast was also simple I would recommend this hotel especially to young travellers who want to stay in heart of Brussel for good money and do not care about every stupid thing.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tom S
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We stayed here for just one night, the location is what makes this palce really awesome. I must admit that it wasnt the cleanest or nicest looking but we partied for most of the night so not a huge priority to us. I dont think I would want to stay here if I had kids but for young adults and people wanting to experience the part and be close to the town, this is a prime establishment.
SO if you looking for a cheapish place that is central and wont be spending too much time there, this is a good deal

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Berlin, Ohio
Reviewed 4 April 2013

It's not that you couldn't stay at this place,it's just that you rather wouldn't wanna.

Pro:
- distance to the city center
- price

Contra:
- dirty rooms
- smells like smoke
- breakfast is disappointing
- linen were dirty and old (also were the towels)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple