“Do not deserve the price!”
Review of NH Brussels Louise

NH Brussels Louise
Ranked #97 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I was there and these are my remarks:

1) good position but....
2) they assigned to me a room not ready
3) very small room and very small bathroom
4) very noisy, every time the tram pass nearby, seems to have it in the room (same for the police!)

So for me does not deserve the price, very low value for money!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
NHBRUSSELSCITYCENTRE, General Manager at NH Brussels Louise, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for having the time to inform us about your experience in the NH Brussels City Centre.

We sincerely regret that the hotel facilities did not completely meet your expectations and we hope you will accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by this.
We also would like to inform you that at the moment we are replacing all the windows of the rooms in our property in order to avoid further noise issues.

We sincerely hope that this will not affect your hotel choice whenever you return to Brussels.
Therefore please feel free to contact us in order to book a room for you which will suit you more.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Despite being on the 5th floor,the noise from the bar across the road is ridiculous. Windows must be single glazed. Might as well be in the bar myself,except I need to sleep as I have an early start. Reception state the obvious and tell me it is a bar, so nothing they can do, and no, we can't change rooms. Will probably have to sleep on the floor in the teeny tiny bathroom. Most annoying. Avoid, unless you don't mind the noise of drunk Belgians.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DCIwendyradish

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to inform us about your experience of your stay in the NH Brussels City Centre.

We sincerely regret that the hotel facilities did not meet your expectations and we hope you will accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by this.
We also would like to inform you that we are replacing the windows in the rooms.

We do hope to welcome you back in our property for your next visit to Brussels,

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I stayed here in April 2014. I had a 4 night stay planning to really relax and enjoy the hotel and the sights as this was not a work trip for me. The good things about the hotel were the very lovely breakfast and the rooms were "clean".
The bad things were multiple. The furniture was very stained and dirty(I know I said the rooms were clean and they were-clean toilet and floors etc.but the furniture was stained and old, stained curtains etc…), so much so that I didn't want to sit in the chair in our room. The place really really needs some updating. Our room was on the 7th floor and it was sweltering hot in there. It was so miserable. The first night we tried to turn on the ac but it didn't seem to help so when we asked at the desk they said the AC is switched off throughout the entire building until summer. So they offered us a fan and to open a window. Since the weather was beautiful we opened our window, which was lovely except we were directly above a bar/cafe. So into late night hours I couldn't fall asleep due to the street noise and bar noise. It was miserable. Since I was on vacation I wanted to chill out in the afternoon but it was so noisy with the windows open and so hot with them closed it was not so enjoyable. And…the window was so darn heavy that when it got too cold in the room I couldn't shut it because I couldn't push the whole thing closed so I managed to prop it part-way closed with the fan. Jeez….Plus all this was on top of the fact that it was a ways out (15-20minute walk) from the Grand Place and that whole area. I wouldn't have minded the walk had it been worth it to stay that far out because of the nice hotel. I wish I would have just stayed closer. The staff was just average. The bed was not great and the pillows were terrible, so much so that my neck ached each morning. And there were only 2 on the bed. And most importantly, the wifi was a disaster. I planned to get some work done over the 4 days that required internet use. What a waste. I'd log in and it would say I could be on for 24 hours and within several hours I was logged off again and had to re log on and then sometimes that didn't work so I had to call the front desk for a new password and the game just continued for 4 days. It was awful. Sometimes before leaving for the day I just wanted to look something up quick, and sure enough it was a 30 minute process. And one morning the elevator was broken down so my husband (who was there for work) had to take the stairs down (no biggie but another problem). Also, the breakfast didn't open until I believe 7 which he said gave him only 15 minutes to quick grab some food. The whole experience just added up to a disappointment. I'd never stay there again.

Room Tip: don't take a room that faces the bars downstairs and depending on the month consider that the ac...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2014

After a previous (comfortable) stay at the Thon Hotel on Avenue Louise, I was interested to find out how this hotel would compare.

My main concern about this hotel was the unbelievably small size of the bathroom. You can only fit in one person at a time. The glass screen in the bathtub was difficult to open and I could imagine that others will struggle as much as I did to get out of the shower safely. The glass screen takes up almost all of the space along the edge of the bathtub.

The bed were comfortable but I couldn't fall asleep due to the heavy traffic at the nearby roundabout. Somehow, it seemed much calmer just a few meters up the road at the Thon Hotel.

I was positively surprised about the breakfast menu. You will find a special kids breakfast with sweet drinks, hot chocolate, yoghurts, cereals and colouring books which is worth mentioning.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Good hotel in a good location. Great breakfast. This is my second time at the hotel and if I ever go back I will stay at the hotel again
It is a good option in the city: close to the metro station and within a walking distance to many interesting places

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
NHBRUSSELSCITYCENTRE, General Manager at NH Brussels Louise, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your rewarding feedback on our hotel received through the tripadvisor website.

We have really enjoyed reading your nice comments on our hotel.
We are also pleased to hear that this was your 2nd time in our hotel and that you enjoyed again your stay in our property.

We really look forward to welcoming you back for a 3rd time in our hotel during your next visit to Brussels.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

the location is great, by Louise avenue and walking distance from the centre of Brussels, the breakfast was good, however the rooms and the lobby area are very small. same goes for the elevators, when a group arrives it takes sometime till you get yourself and the luggage to the room

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I traveled to Brussels on March 2014, for business. The hotel is well placed, within a short distance walk to the city center where you can find many offers for eating and shopping, and with also a lot of transport choices around (metro, tram, bus, train).

The room was quite big although the bathroom felt quite cramped. Also, fabric curtains in the shower stall? Not so good, in my opinion.

The breakfast was pretty good actually, a lot of dishes and selections to choose from.

However, and this is a big however, what I find totally unacceptable is that when you check in the hotel, they demand you the credit/debit card and block an amount of 50€ "just in case" you take something from the mini-bar. First of all, blocking any amount of money BEFORE you consume anything should be totally illegal, but the worst part is that, almost a week after checking out the hotel, I still have the 50€ blocked in my account. When I checked in there was a large queue of people waiting to be checked in, so if it was 50€ blocked per person, NH City Center is actually playing with a lot of money which is not theirs to play with. Totally unprofessional and unconceivable. Just for that reason I would advise you to search another hotel, if you do not want to have 50€ blocked of your account for no reason at all.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 236 room, and I had a lot of problems to fall asleep because of the noise in the str...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business