“comfortable,convenient restaurant full of character”
Review of Il Gallo Nero

Il Gallo Nero
Ranked #1,342 of 3,691 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Gallo Nero is one of many restaurants in the EU area of brussels, and very conveniently it opens on Sundays(unlike most of the others); it is very friendly , has a good sprinkling of "regulars" and there is a nice large menu to choose from!
For an upmarket area , it reasonably priced. It has a nice "traditional " feel , with the boss cooking the pizzas at his oven; you can even compose your own antipasti...
definitely recommended; I have been going there for over ten years!!

1  Thank brusselsbryan
There are newer reviews for Il Gallo Nero

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I ate as part of a group of 10 on 2 October 2013.

The meal was organized by a very regular customer of Il Gallo Nero.
We started with antipasti which arrived on several large platters and was almost enough to serve as the meal. Each item I tried was delicious. The dishes included several thin sliced meats, vegetables and some fruit. The outstanding item was scampi in a delicious sauce.

I order the Napolitano Pizza as I enjoy anchovies. This is a thin crust pizza which fits with my Southside of Chicago heritage. The pizza was large and quit good.

The menu was extensive, and all the dishes I saw delivered to other tables look very nice.

Our waiter was very helpful, spoke several languages and could crack on the spot funny lines in all languages.

I recommend Il Gallo Nero, and if you mention Professor John recommend this establishment you will be well treated.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Pizza is ok. Not spectacular. What bothered me however was the staff. I ordered a take away pizza and told them I would wait outside. An hour later I enter and ask for my pizza. They forgot to tell me it was ready and chose to enter into a discussion telling me I wasn't outside. While I had been right in front of their door the entire time. They really didn't handle this right. In the end it was my fault, they gave me my cold pizza, no excuses nada. Last time. Definitely. My recommendation would be across the street, la riviera. Better taste and always friendly and correct.

1  Thank Gunter B
Reviewed 29 January 2013 via mobile

Stone oven pizza,homemade pasta and huge list menu all that for a cosy italian atmosphere make you feeling like home in italy.great time and great food!

Reviewed 14 September 2012

Re-visited Brussels after being away for 10 years and popped into Il Gallo Nero. The best pizza in Brussels and great value. Staff are incredibly friendly and I'm going back for lunch tomorrow!