“Por internet”

Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman
Ranked #78 of 198 Hotels in Brussels
“Por internet”
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

The internet on the room is paid and the internet on the hall is really poor. They don't have breakfest included in my room but I saw on the price book that was 5€ per person however when we get down stairs they wanted to charge us on 15€. I also had to pay extras 18€ for city tax, what is city tax? It was supose to all be paid in advance...and they didn't tell me anything about that on the website. regrettable...

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Lucas O,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the pricing structure of the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I've stayed at this hotel for short business trip and was very happy with the service provided. I got a nicely renovated room, the breakfast and service quality was excellent. The Metro station Schumann is only a few minutes away, which makes this hotel ideally located.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 4 December 2013

It was quite central to where we had to go and minutes only from train station.Very good check in staff and very quick to respond to request if any.Girl behind the desk in evening was very helpful.

Room was clean as per standards and not bad at all if you are staying for a night or two.

Recommend to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Brussels
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This is a pretty run down hotel in need of renovation. But the room service is the worst I have had in years (and I have travelled to some remote places before in former communist countries).

We stayed in November and it was pouring with rain (not their fault!) so we opted for room service. I ordered salads for myself and my wife and was informed as reception that the salads were not available because it is winter. To avoid abject hunger we opted for croque monsieur (cheese on toast) and vegetable soup. 45 minutes later and after three phonecalls we got two cold croque monsieur cooked on one side and slimy and semi-warm vegetable soup which contained meat balls. It was disgusting! We did bring this up when checking out but our comments didn't seem to get much response. I don't want to blame the staff - there were only two on duty and they are overloaded and not trained sufficiently trained.
So a message to the management - sort this out - it's not good enough. A message to further clients - take and umbrella and eat out!

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor so you can pick up free wifi from reception. they charge 9 euro a day!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank andimanas
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear andimanas,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding room service and food selection which was unacceptable. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Schuman for a night in November 2013. The location is absolutely wonderful next to all the European institutions. Great access to all public transport!
The hotel itself seems somewhat dated, especially the elevator which takes about 5min to get to the 7th floor each time. The rooms however are quite modern and very clean and although I could not get any free TV channels to work (bug?) the interface seemed quite intuitive. The wireless keyboard is pretty handy too.

Room Tip: As long as the elevator works as it does now, ask for rooms on lower floors.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear Beuk T,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. It is great to hear you were satisfied with our location and the cleanliness. We regret the disappointment you had with the condition of our facilities. Please remain assured that we have recorded your comments and will forward it to the appropriate departments for future considerations.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again in the future.

Karen C
Ahmedabad
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I was here on my honeymoon way back in may 2007. It was excellent hotel and I really liked the location. It is bang opposite the European Parliament. The hotel is very conveniently located and you can find here good food. The internet is fast and was free for us. The metro station is a 10 min walk. I just cannot forget the green apples they had on their desk which were fresh.

Its neat and clean. the staff is very courteous and they will guide you for almost anything you want and where to get and where to go. It was enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I've stayed in this hotel several times on business, and it has never let me down. It's very close to EU meeting locations, if you need to go there, and it's also only a couple of minutes away from the Schuman metro stop, with the choice of two direct metro lines if you need to get to Brussels city centre.
The reception staff are always very friendly and helpful, and the rooms have always been clean. In comparison with some other hotels in the area that I've stayed in, the standard is higher, but be prepared to pay more.
Breakfast is not usually included in the price for the room, and is currently (November 2013) €22, which is pretty expensive. They have a special offer where if you pre-book breakfast at reception, then it's reduced to €15, which is more acceptable, but given that I normally only have a bowl of cereal, it's more than I would be prepared to pay for this, so I didn't have any and can't comment on the quality of the food on offer.
Wifi is not free in the room, but I think it may be free in the reception area - I didn't try it out.
The room I stayed in just now was on the 5th floor, and was quiet and comfortable; it was not necessary to adjust the temperature. The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom had separate bath and shower facilities, complete with four little bottles with shampoo, bath foam, body lotion and something else - I didn't check, because they also had larger soap dispensers on the wall which I used instead.
The TV had the usual host of channels and movies and internet and such (for an additional fee), as is the case in every Holiday Inn I've stayed in, but there were a couple of English speaking channels for free.
Overall, it provides satisfactory accommodation in a convenient location.

Room Tip: Doesn't seem to matter which room; they've always been pretty consistent when I've staye...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business