“Adagio Access-Brussels” 2 of 5 bubbles

Adagio Access Brussels Europe
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Adagio Access-Brussels”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

I do not recommend this aparthotel of you are staying in Brussels. One my last visit there were no cups or mugs in the apartment;even though there was a coffee perculator; and no tea towel to wipe up any item that had been used and then washed.

There are far better Adagio parthotels in the city than this one. I was very disappointed because when I complained about the lack of cups I was told it was down the Head Office in Paris, this has taken away this aparthotels attraction for me and I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here go to another aparthotel in the area.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Porto Alegre, RS
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

Unfriendly staff. I lost my wallet on my first day in Brussels and asked for help at the reception. All they told me is that I should go to the police. They didn't even ask if I knoe or had means to get there. No sympathy at all! Then I asked reception how to make a collect call to my bank to check on my new credit card delivery satus and the guy who reluctantly interrupted his chat on the phone told me to dial 000 + country code + number. I did that and to my surprise I ended up receiving a EUR 95.00 phone bill and the manager simply told me that those dialing instructions I received were for regular international calls. So besides all the inconviniences I went through by losing my wallet also had to pay for a phone call I was entitled to call collect. And forget about asking them for directions. A girl at the reception made me walk for blocks to find a subway station while I could simply walk the same amount of time to reach the place I needed to be. The room was good, but on weekends you may not find any place open around for a meal.
I'm never coming back, neither recommend!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

We traveled with a toddler so we preferred self-catering to avoid the battle with our son in restaurants.
This is our first time to stay in an Adagio hotel. Though this one is Adagio Access (the basic level), it fulfills our needs sufficiently.
Supermarket is within reasonable walking distance. Since it's located in business area, it's relatively easier to find a free parking on the street during the weekend(some streets are free on Saturday and others not).
The only thing I must complain is that there's no electricity socket in the bathroom for hair dryer or shaver. Thus I had to wait until next morning to dry my hair, since my baby was already sleeping.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank twitexpat
Shanghai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

Good location if you want to to business in EU institutions. Everything is in waling distance. Clean, basic, very basic, hardly any service. Road side rooms are very noisy because of the car traffic. Lobby was a bit smelly. Suitable for self-catering with kitchenette, but no real supermarkets nearby.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

This Adagio hotel was recently constructed, so all the fixtures were bright and new. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The location is fabulous for meetings with many EU offices, many of my meetings were 5-10 minute walk away (I visit Brussels every year to update my reserach on EU law developments). My room faced the back, and was quiet as a tomb both during the day and at night. I was delighted to find a comfortable, convenient place where I don't have to pay for a lot of services I don't use--I am happy to keep my room clean and cook for myself, that's why I like aparthotels. The aparthotel near Louise where I stayed every year for 10 years unexpectedly closed down, so I had to find something new and tried this. This was better service and facilities for the same price as the old one.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here for four nights. This is obviously not a four star hotel but offers a clean and welcoming base for anyone on a bit of a budget.

The hotel looked as if it had been redecorated, the rooms were light and fresh, everything was impeccably clean when we arrived, and we had lots of space in the room. The staff were very friendly and helpful and at night everything was lovely and quiet!

There is a little bit of a walk to Grand Place but we did not mind, and the metro stop close by was very useful for getting around.

The only improvements I would suggest are:

1. As we were staying for four nights the room was not cleaned, it would have been nice if a brief clean was done eg. empty the bins

2. This may sound silly but there was no plug socket anywhere near a mirror - not helpful for ladies trying to straighten their hair!

These are very minor issues though and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Buenos Aires, Argentina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

Most of the advantages of the hotel and also some design flaws (notably the lack of plugs in the bathroom and the horrendous location of the closet next to the kitchenette) have been described by the previous reviewers. During my stays (2 for almost a month) in 3 different rooms I found additional problems:

Studios for 4: Don’t be fooled by this description, only a couple with two small children could fit, and certainly not three, less four adults, unless they are used to hostel type accommodation and have extra fast showers before the hot water runs out. Website photos are honest, check them before booking.

Smell: By consultation with my colleagues we found that most of the rooms in the hotel smell one way or another. Some reported drain smell, others just a soft acidic smell. Some got their problem solved after complaining, others (the latter) had to cope and get use to it. It is hard to understand why it happens in a new building.

Heating: The rooms have a (theoretically) state of the art climate control system. Since this was one of the coldest springs in history I did not try the aircon, but definitely the heating does not work. I could never heat the room over 21 degrees in any of the three rooms. I was told several times (after my complaints) that this was going to be checked by a technician. Never got a clear answer. My colleagues reported the same. Surprisingly we found the lobby comfortably heated many days (apparently with the same devices). I had to resort to the towel heater in the bathroom and the electric heater in the front area (in the studio for 4) which were barely enough in the coldest days.

Concerning location, of course, you should not stay here unless you are doing business in the European district as the hotel is quite far from any decent dining or shopping area. Overall, the rate is good, and the place is livable, but you have to be ready to cope with the abovementioned problems.

Room Tip: Studios for 4 are only suitable for 2 adults + 2 children, not more.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business