“Clean, convenient, cheap, functional”

Adagio Access Brussels Europe
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Well-priced - around EUR 60 a night with breakfast. Each room has a small (or larger, depending on the grade ...) kitchenette, with microwave, fridge, sink, cooker, etc. Basic cutlery and crockery are provided. The rooms are not huge, but perfectly adequate - and not cramped. Everything is very new and clear, with an emphasis on light wood and white. The bed was large and comfortable, there was a small desk and working area (free wifi), a small TV, and small but clean and adequate bathroom.

The hotel doesn't have any facilities to speak of except rooms. There isn't a restaurant, just a (good with fairly extensive choice) buffet breakfast (around EUR 8 if you don't have a B&B deal). And a drinks/snack and coffee machine in the reception. But this isn't really a problem: within 10 minutes' walk are many nice restaurants, bars, shops, etc. The location is really excellent (and a major selling point, alongside the cleanliness and functionality). Very close to EC offices and numerous other organisations, within around 5 mins' walk from each of Arts-Loi and Troon metro stations (two different lines, which is great in terms of accessing other parts of the city).

The overall ambience is clean and light - not much character, but Adagio Access more than delivers as an economical, no-frills, clean, well-equipped, well-positioned place to stay while doing business in Brussels. "Functional" would be the keyword, I think.

Room Tip: A higher floor is better - ground level can be a little noisy.
1  Thank frequenttraveller63

Reviewed 16 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Laurence B, Directeur général at Adagio Access Brussels Europe, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I spent 3 nights in this aparthotel at the beginning of June and I was extremely satisfied with my stay.

The room (studio) was very clean, with a small kitchen area (microwave, fridge, sink, cooker; cutlery/plates/pans/washing liquid provided).
The bathroom had a large shower, with shampoo/bodywash/soap (all in one) and towels provided.
The bed was extremely comfortable.

Breakfast was good, with a wide selection of sweet and savoury food, juices, and coffee/teas.

The reception is 24h and that is a big plus, as I arrived late at night and I could check in really quickly.

The staff is extremely nice and professional. I could leave my luggage in a storeroom on the last day, at no extra cost, which was great since I had my flight in the evening and I had to leave the room at 11am.

The location is also good, at a walking distance to the European district and a 5 minutes walk to the Metro station (Arts-Loi) from where you can easily reach all the main attractions of the city.
Close to the station there is also a Carrefour where you can buy food.

All in all I was very happy with my stay and would definitely recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed there for 4 nights during my April vacations and was pleasantly surprised by this studio well equipped. After a 7-hour flight plus 6 hours of jetlag, we were happy to find (10 minute-walk max) a grocery store where we bought our first dinner and enough for all our breakfast. I loved the location (10 minute walk to the Royal Park, Royal Palace, Museum Place, Agora and 15 minutes to Central Station, La Grande Place, etc. Since we used Le Routard, we found very nice restaurants nearby (boulevard Le Trône). The staff was very helpful, friendly, polite, professional, etc. I always love being a little bit out of the action to get my rest after a day of walking and visiting. I would go back there anytime.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Laurence B, Directeur général at Adagio Access Brussels Europe, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dera guest,
We wloud like to thank you for your comments.
It help us to become more and more efficient.
We hope to welcome you again in Brussels.
best regards.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I stayed 6 nights at the Adagio while attending a course in the area. The room was large, the bed confortable, the bathroom was more than adequate. I could have done with a bit more storage space since I had clothes for a week, but it was ok. The kitchen corner had everything I needed and it was all clean and in working order. Cleaning was not included with my reservation, but I didn't mind, I was away all day and could keep everything in order without outside help. I didn't take the breakfast either. I only spoke to the front desk, but everyone there was friendly, courteous and efficient.

The only thing I didn't like was the area surrounding the hotel. It's pretty much dead in the evening, and finding a place for dinner (take-away or restaurant) is a challenge, especially if you don't know Brussels (like me for instance). The first evening was a Sunday, and I really struggled to find a place that was opened, ended up at Pizza Hut on Avenue Louise (yuk). The rest of the week, I ended up buying food before going home from my seminar, and ended up having to lug around course notes, computer, iPad and bags of food. Since I had pretty long days, I didn't feel like going out again on a trek for food. But if you're a tourist using the hotel as a base to discover the town, it's really not a problem, as you are close to public transportation to wherever you may wish to go.

I would consider staying again at the Adagio if I had an early meeting in the area or for a vacation stay where I want to save on accommodation, as it's clean, comfortable and good value. But otherwise I would probably go for a livelier area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

This is apartment hotel. There are cooking utensils available which many Asians will like as we like to boil water.
Most Europe hotels do not have boil water in rooms. But this is definitely different.
It is within walking distance( 5 to 10 min) to Trone metro station. If you use the backstreet (from Luxembourg exit) you can find carrefour express and some small restaurants along the way.
If you use Main Street, there is nothing much along the way.
Hotel is clean.