“Nice small hotel”
Review of Hotel Saint-Gery

Hotel Saint-Gery
Ranked #53 of 198 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This is a nice small hotel with a great location. The design of this place is small, but everything is ultra modern. There are a couple of cheesy elements to the decor of the place, but it does not sour the whole place. The prices are great and you get your money's worth for sure. The staff of this hotel is also courteous and friendly. I would have to say the best thing is the location as it is close to everything that you would need in a city hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Saint-Gery

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We visited this hotel on a last minute break for a weekend. We had both never been to Brussels and this hotel was certainly the best place we could have stayed. We wanted somewhere small and independent with character and we absolutely loved this. It was in a perfect central location but not noisy and even had its very own jazz bar with lovely cocktails underneath.

I would recommend this place to anyone who wished to be away from cold chain hotels and wanted to enjoy a little character.

Fantastic!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I choose this hotel after reading the reviews. It's very close to the train station and the majority of sites. I requested a room upstairs because I am a light sleeper and took others recommendations. The room was small yet cozy and the bed very comfortable. The style of the hotel very hip. I was grateful for the friendliness of the front staff when I first arrived. I was exhausted from my transcontinental flight and they were very accommodating in meeting my needs. I would stay here again if I ever return to Brussels.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank lopolipa
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The hotel is located near the center (few minutes walk to the Grand Place) in a trendy areas of the city; in the square in front of the hotel there are several pub and so I asked for a room in a quiet area of the hotel and they gave me a room the fourth floor and back-side: the room was small but cosy and well designed with all you need. The breakfast is good with freshly food and the staff are friendly and smiling. I have been very good

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank UltimateRunner
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This hotel could not be better placed to enjoy the sights of Brussels- just a few minutes walk to the Grand Place and all the other sights. We were very impressed by the friendly and helpful reception staff and loved our room. Air con was a plus and the room was very well appointed with everything you needed except hot drink making facilities, which really wasn't a problem.
The room was spacious and the bed huge and comfy. Only slight odd thing was the bath and shower were within the room so no privacy!
The free wifi in our rooms was a bonus and the location with all the bars and great restaurants just outside the hotel was perfect. We had a great nights sleep with no noise from the bars which were just outside the hotel. Maybe we were lucky with the situation of the room which was number 101.
Very happy to recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Room 101 looks over the back of the hotel so is quiet and you can step outside to a tiny terrace fro...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I spent two nights in the Saint-Gery. Its entry is a door to the right of a brasserie (the Belmont, I believe), and hard to spot. The room was the smallest I've ever been in, with a bed right next to the window looking down on an incredibly busy square loaded with cocktail bars that attract a lot of young Belgians (especially on what I didn't realize was going to be a weekend of free jazz performances all over Brussels, including several beneath my room and across the street). Being a sedate 70-year-old, perhaps this was not the place I should have chosen. But I loved it -- the room, the hotel and its friendly staff, and the swinging neighborhood. I discovered that I could adapt easily to this trendy hot spot. And if I could, so can you (and Jazz Weekend only happens once a year). Less than 10 minutes on foot from the Grand Place, it's a gas! Lots of places to eat all around -- including Le Bar a Tapas fifty feet away and many Thai/Vietnamese places lining the street a block off, not to mention an intriguing place I considered called 9 et Voisins around the corner). Breakfast at 14 euros; let them know the day before (but not for Sunday, when a buffet is laid out).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank PingConcordNH
Saint-Géry Hote... B, Marketing Coordinator at Hotel Saint-Gery, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Ping,

thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers!
Your opinion is precious and represents at 100% the vibe of the location Saint-Géry.
Indeed the area is one of the most lively in the city and it's surrounded by many bars and restaurants.

We're glad you could get in the atmosphere and had a good time in our hotel.
We hope to see you soon again, don't hesitate to contact us in case you'll be back, we will be pleased to offer you the best stay that we can.

With Regards,

Elena De Marco
Marketing Coordinator

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I really liked this hotel, but it wasn't quite what I was hoping for, if I'm completely honest.

When we checked in the receptionist was very nice and very helpful. We found all the staff to be very friendly. The hotel lobby is small and decorated with nudes and bare brickwork.

Our room was a double room with a bath. The bath was in the room, which we quite enjoyed, but might not be to everyone's taste. Having said that, the bath wasn't quite the luxurious tub you might have hoped for.

The room itself was very small. As we were only staying for one night this was absolutely fine. I think we could have stayed for 3 or 4 nights, but perhaps not for a whole week or more.

The hotel has a bar downstairs and is surrounded by bars. When the weather is nice, and people are sitting outside, it can be a little noisy. We didn't mind too much as we were out pretty late, but this might be a consideration if travelling with children or for work.

Overall we enjoyed this hotel because what we wanted was a city centre crash pad. It's a reasonable walk from Bruxelles Midi Zuid and very close to city centre attractions, bars and restaurants. However, if I'd been looking for a romantic luxury hotel I'd have been a little disappointed.

A great hotel for busy tourists, groups of friends and late night people. Perhaps not as suitable for a romantic getaway or families.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dekazer
Saint-Géry Hote... B, Marketing Coordinator at Hotel Saint-Gery, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Dekazer,

thank you for sharing your experience at the hotel on tripadvisor.

All our rooms have an open bath tub, except for 3 large rooms that offer an entire separate bathroom. When guests ask for more privacy, we suggest them to choose a room with separate bathroom. For longer stays, with more comfort and space, we have junior suite rooms, their size is of 25 m2.

You are right, the area of Saint-Géry is really lively and when the weather is nice more people stop on the square and it can become noisy. However this is an attractive situation for many people who like late night plans and trendy places. For guests who want a silent and calm stay, we offer many rooms on the courtyard and on the upper floor that are really quite.
We always ask our guests to inform us about their preferences and wishes before the arrival if possible, so that we can do our best in order to arrange the rooms.

A big thank from the staff for your nice words about the service we delivered.

We hope to see you again in the future, do not hesitate to contact us directly for new availabilities.

Kind Regards,