“Cheap and simple”
Review of Hotel Aristote

Hotel Aristote
Ranked #190 of 198 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Stayed here a night in December 2013, small rooms but decent enough for me. Valuable price, comfy beds and smiling staff. Was supposed to spend two nights here but got kicked out so had to sleep the second night at the airport. No problem, thanks for having me.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank KristofferTosze

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights and was really happy! The reception staff were very friendly (and didn't mind that we arrived quite late), the rooms were cosy and clean and the location was brilliant. This is really good accommodation considering the price!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TashaLD
Reviewed 26 October 2013

This hotel has got small but clean rooms, receptionists are kind and all went well during my stay. It is close to Anneessens metro station, and not far from Grand Place and city center. The neighborhood is inhabitated by arab and african immigrants so you can find many tea rooms and boulangeries with tasty pastries. If you need a place to sleep and nothing else this could be a good deal.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank satboy78
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed here a night in September, 60Eur/ night, a steal compared to other hotels that were quoting over 100Eur/night to stay close to the Grand Place area. I wanted cheap lodging because it was just a night I wanted to spend in Brussels before heading out to Ghent.
It is all about the location, just a 10 mins walk to the Grand Place area. I’ll be honest, this place is an upgrade from a “decent hostel”, but with these expectations in mind Aristote lived up to it. ( see my pics)
The front office staff Alain and Simon did their best to make it comfortable for me, this included giving me restaurant recommendations to providing me with a heater in the room (which I admit , didn’t work very well).
The bed was fine, clean sheets, nothing spectacular, the door hooks to hang clothes/towels were broken, flooring was chipped. The bathroom was clean and hot water shower worked just fine. For safety please keep your suitcase locked at all times.
Would recommend this place ONLY if you want to spend a night in Brussels and want to check the main sights i.e Grand Place, Mannekin Pis. From the airport you need to take a train to the Midi-station I think it was about 3 stops roughly 30 mins, and from there I took another train which was again another 10 mins or so. Thankfully I had a local who went out of his way to help me. But you can actually walk from the Midi-station to the hotel. I figured this out the next day (but wouldn’t recommend it- you will be exhausted and the last thing you want to do is explore with your suitcase). Ask Alain/Simon, they will help you with directions.

PS: travelled as a solo female traveller

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Eve18
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Had a really terrible stay at this "hotel". Came back in the evening just to find out that the whole suitcase was gone from the locked room. The police told us that it's likely that the staff of the hotel was involved but of course it's also likely that the police will not be able to prove anything. When trying to talk with the manager of the hotel he got frustrated and started to complain about us to an employee in French that he thought we wouldn't understand. They never said sorry, and got even more angry after we asked them to return the money we paid for the room. They said that we need to file a complaint and call the owner of the hotel but the owner would be sleeping until noon. By then the manager had already disappeared from the scene and an employee was very afraid that he will lose his job if he tells us the name of the owner. The owner is a Pakistani. Of course we haven't heard of the hotel since we left.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank marimarjatta
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I had a nice stay at this hotel.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

The room was pretty small, we had to jump over the little drawer in order to get to the other side of the bed. The bathroom looked old, however it was clean and the towels (as well as the sheets in the bedroom) were changed everyday.

The breakfast was varied and actually enjoyed it.

The location is very good- 5-7 minutes away from Grand Place and 10 minutes away from Brussels Zuid Station. Getting there was easy when coming from the airport so we did not have to carry the luggage around.
At first I was a bit afraid on the avenue as it seemed creepy and with only a few people walking around, however afterwards it felt pretty safe.

I would recommended for those who are on a budget.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anca D
Reviewed 5 July 2013

10 minute walk from Brussels Midi station – crossing one very busy street. Located on Stalingrad Ave with other small hotels & sidewalk cafes, but a bit scary after dark if you are alone. Room was clean & quiet, though I was at back of hotel. Breakfast room looked good, though I didn’t participate. No AC. Small flat screen TV in room, but no English TV. Basic for one night.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo