“Not the friendliest place in Brussels!”
Review of Brasserie Meat Me

Brasserie Meat Me
Ranked #511 of 3,620 Restaurants in Brussels
Price range: US$12 - US$35
Cuisines: Belgian, International, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Not the friendliest place in Brussels!”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Something strange happened when I walked in to "Meat Me". I was shown to a table well away from the ALL the other diners - who were in the main room. Did the staff have an agenda? I don't know. I wasn't the only person on their own in here (just the only one eating on their own!) a couple of other solo diners came in after me and were shown straight into the main room, so it couldn't have been that. Was it what I was wearing? Possibly. I was hardly scruffy though, I wasn't wearing a suit like some of the others but I thought I was perfectly acceptable in jumper and jeans. I have been to several Michelin Starred restaurants in London wearing similar and never had issues, so it shouldn't have been a problem here.

As well as the service the food was also a bit hit and miss. My chicken crocket starter was gorgeous but the main of chicken and prawn stew with rice was just... well, a bit strange. It wasn't horrible by any means. It was almost as though the chef made a chicken stew, then at the last minute panicked and threw in a couple of large prawns. It just didn't go. I'm no fussy eater so I ate it and the meal was quite good value for the money it has to be said. I had a starter, a main, a bread basket and a large beer for a very reasonable €23.50.

I get the impression they think they're a high end place (they are not) those sort of places make their guests feel welcome whatever, I certainly didn't feel that here. After ordering my food I was pretty much ignored for the whole meal, nobody came anywhere near me again, I even had to catch someone's attention to pay the bill, I was polite throughout so deserved better treatment.

If you find yourself staying near Rogier Metro Station and can't be bothered to go far then this is an acceptable option I suppose, but I found much friendlier places with better food in Brussels. I certainly wouldn't make a special trip here.

Iain, London

• Visited October 2013

• Czech first
Dallas, Texas
“Great food. Great service”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We ate at the Brasserie Meat Me because it was close to the Hilton where we were staying - just a short walk and also because of the reviews on TA. We were not disappointed. The food was great. I ordered the Pesto Linguine which was delicious. Great sauce and plenty of large shrimp and fresh pesto. My husband ordered the risotto which he also enjoyed. The fresh bread was also very good. We were both too full for dessert, although they sounded great. It is a very nice and stylish restaurant that was quiet and romantic. Very reasonable prices as well.

• Visited September 2013
Baton Rouge, LA
“Great bar”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Didn't eat at the restaurant but it had nice friendly bar and we like to meet other people when we travel. The bad news is . closed on Sunday's

Visited September 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
“Great place, value for money”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Excellent service, great location. Nice food, altho a rather poor selection of beer for a belgium brasserie

Visited September 2013
“Nice food, relaxed atmosphere, attentive service.”
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

Tasty salad with goat cheese and smoked salmon, and a nice wok with shrimps, noodles and vegetables. The waiters were very kind and attentive. A successful dinner in good company.

• Visited September 2013