“Fish a Chips with excellent sauces”
Review of Bia Mara

Bia Mara
Ranked #24 of 3,557 Restaurants in Brussels
Price range: US$13 - US$19
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fresh Sustainable Fish & Chips Concept. Fresh fish only at our beloved restaurant where we are trying to change the style of traditional Fish & Chips by using our very own 'street food' interpretation of the classic British dish. We are influenced by cuisines & cultures from all over the world and love the challenge of creating new styles regularly. We have a small restaurant so we cannot take reservations. With 30+ recipes, 20+ sauces & over 25 types of sustainable fish that change weekly we hope you find your style! EAT MORE FISH. Bia Mara
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fish a Chips with excellent sauces”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The fish and chips are fresh and good; and so are the sauces. Short and good drinking menu. What i miss is some desert and coffee options.You can't get anything sweet here after your meal.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brussels, Belgium
“Perfect fish and chips!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Just perfect fish and chips, really good sauces and lovely mint peas! Really nice Belgium beers, from Brasserie de la Senne. Everything perfect! Only point, the size to the portions is not what you might be used to in UK. Much smaller, but absolutely delicious!!!

NEWPORT, UK
“great fish and chips”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

it does what it says on the tin, excellent fish and chips, pity they don't take reservations but it is a small intimate place, best to sit outside as the "gout" inside can get a bit much... Price is very good for what they serve, amazing even by Brussles standards bearing in mind the location... Nice service and chatty staff - they will do well when they open in London

London, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fantastic!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I went here whilst visiting some friends and I was not sure what to expect when they said it was Fish and Chips. I absolutely loved it, they had really good service along with great prices and the concept was amazing. We shared a fish dish as well as the vegetarian mozzarella arancini and my gosh they were both amazing.

I would definitely recommend this place to any that know Brussels and to everyone that doesn't!

Melbourne
“Best fish and chips I've ever had, hands down!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

After searching Brussels for 2 months for exceptional food and finding very little, I thought I'd finally give Bia Mara a go. It was beautiful tempura battered fish that greeted me, atop a serving of a twist on 'chips' - real sliced whole potatoes lightly battered and fried with an umami topping of salt and seaweed freshly served with a delicious garlic aioli. And a nice glass of white wine. And served by the most delightful staff I have ever met in Brussels. I wish Bia Mara was healthy enough for me to be a regular here, but... okay, I'll be back. It was just perfect. 10/10. May not be traditionally Belgian, but it's a treat! Enough said!

• Visited May 2014