“Flamingo”

Ranked #1,141 of 3,775 Restaurants in Brussels
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Cuisines: Belgian, French, Pub, Soups
Reviewed 20 January 2014

First place that I visited when I was in Brussel. Once I ordered one local beer. But the day was Sunday and they said they served limited foods.
Only soup, toast with little green salad also cup cakes.
Cup cakes was delicious. I liked the place so much, I enjoyed every minute while I was there and also live music.
If it is possible to visit Brussel I would go there once.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Flamingo was a great find on a Sunday evening as a lot of other places were closed in the city center. I had a great toast (served with salad) and a hot chocolate while i was listening to a live local band played excellent instrumental music. Fast service, fast wi-fi, great atmosphere.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Good place to stop for a beer, seems to be in the heart of the 'Red Light' district so interesting to people watch. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

Beautiful building, nice food, not too expensive (8 euro for a "plat du jour"). Multilingual staff (English, Dutch, French, Portuguese...) Trendy way of presenting the food: portions of salads, and even my "plat du jour" (the daily lunch offer, which for me was thai beef with lots of vegetables and noodles) are presented in old-fashioned jam pots. Salads, cakes, etc... are ordered at the bar, so you see what you will get. Small but nice selection of special beers (including "papegaai", "non peut-être") in big (75cl) bottles! I had a coffee with cake afterwards. All the cakes looked delicious >difficult choice, but I chose well, and so did my friend who took something else. Near Ijzer/Yser metro station, almost in front of Koninklijke Vlaamse Schouwburg (the Flemish theatre), and in the vicinity of the shoppingstreet Rue Neuve (5 min walk), De Brouckère (10 min walk), Ste Cathérine (10 min walk), North station (10 to 15 min walk or take a bus) TRY IT OUT!

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Very spacious and nicely renovated grand cafe in what used to be the red light district of Brussels. You can enjoy your coffee, breakfast or lunch while reading an international newspaper in English, French, Spanish or Italian. Great place!