“Cooking with passion”
Review of Abrussel

Abrussel
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Abrussel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 3,691 Restaurants in Brussels
Price range: US$18 - US$43
Cuisines: Belgian, European, French, International
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Open from monday until sunday for lunch and dinner. ABrussel is a small restaurant only working with a small menu who is changing every month. Cuisine is simple, with a classic or more inventive choice. There is always a vegetarian choice available, as a Fish and a Belgian choice. We try to make our service friendly but not strict. Abrussel kids groups until 55 person. Possibility of privatisation of the first floor or the whole restaurant.
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This restaurant is an excellent example of passionate cooking: each dish is prepared with care with its own individual sides and sauces, not generic vegetables and brown sauces dribbled onto every plate. The meatballs are devishly good and the duck is very tender. Desserts are often overlooked in restaurants (for example, being served a cliché crème caramel or boring chocolate mousse) but not here. Service and ambiance are cosy and intimate.

The price-quality ratio is excellent, among the best we've seen up to date in Brussels. And a great bonus: it's located right next to Grand-Place so it's not too boisterous outside.

Bravo to the whole team!

There are newer reviews for Abrussel

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Everything it's just excellent !! Service has so fast and perfect !! The food it's really amazing , the plate it's beautiful and so good ! Recommend for everybody !!

2  Thank Oceane V
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Myself and my partner recently visited this restaurant, and we left very very disappointed, after reading the reviews here on trip advisor, I thought I would be a better experience even after reading the negative reviews I though it was not genuine people leaving those negative comment. BUT ACTUALLY I believe it's completely the opposite and the good comments are actually not genuine. They are rated as a vegetarian available menus restaurant but unfortunately that night even the basic only available vegetarian starter was not available.
The service was not at all good and I believe because they had a big group of people having dinner upstairs thus if you are a couple you are not of big interest to them as the bigger group is spending more money there... The 1 waiter and 1 waitress run up and down and making a big mess next to where we were seated as they were moving tables, benches next to us to reach the boxes where they stored their drinks.
The desert was absolutely tasteless as if it was a pre packed food.
22€ I believe it could have been better spent elsewhere that in that restaurant.
I believe it's one of those restaurant that are only worried about how much money they take in and not love for delivering good meals to its customers.
I recommend people go there once if you want to taste the horrible food that Brussels have to offer.
Btw if you read all the comments the owner has left for the negatives comment left, not once did he apologises for the bad experience the customer had experienced but in fact he/ she only counter attack and I am expecting similar comment for my review as well it won't be a surprise to me...
Thank you in advance for the insults...

4  Thank Karen B
Reviewed 9 April 2014

First and not the last ! Service excellent , food very very good !! Price not expansive ! And kitchen open ! Just perfect thanks Abrussel !!

1  Thank Jonathan S
Reviewed 7 April 2014

It's really a shame and waste of money. My dessert was half burnt. They even charge 2 € for tap water. Plus service was not really good. They need to review their prices for the cheap menu ... If I could have walked out without paying I would have done.
DO NOT WASTE your €'s there really...

3  Thank A B
Marc l, Propriétaire at Abrussel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

I realy don't understand why most of the people love the restaurant and that you just hated it...
Price is to expensive? if €22.00 for a 3 course menu is to mutch for you, just go once in a fast food. I think you'll pay the same price for eating there. But maybe you're use to this.

Desert was half burned for you? why did'nt you said it to the waiter ? did you just wanted another desert or where you just anoyed that evening?

In belgium, it is not the use to drink tap water in a restaurant and most of them will just refuse to give it.
What we do is that we offer it if you order another drink and we charge it €2.00 if you don't drink anythingelse plus, it is writen clearly on the menu.

Service was not realy good?
We try to make our service as good as we can and untill now, people loved the smile and welcoming of our team. Of course, if you need to be served like in a 3 stars restaurant, ABrussel is not the place to go.