“perfect”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Leuven, Belgium
“perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

second time overthere. Perfect location when travelling by train and very reasonably priced. Friendly staff. You can park your car in the Midi Station parking (not cheap, count app. 85 eur for two whole days/nights). Spacious, well equiped room, very clean. Had diner in the restaurant: starter with Italian meat and cheese was huge, yet tastefull. My fish was a little overcooked, the Caesar salad was OK. Nice wine list. Didn't try the breakfast.

Room Tip: try to book a room not overlooking the railwaytracks.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Emile_Lannoy, General Manager at Pullman Brussels Centre Midi Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Michel,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
I am delighted that your second experience in Pullman Brussels Midi was a positive one.

On behalf of our team, we look forward to welcoming you for a third time !

Best Regards,

Emile Lannoy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
bedfordshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

I was here on business and stayed in a Superior room. Room was well equipped, clean and comfortable. However I did have an issue with faulty lights which, despite chasing every day for the entire 4 night break, were never fixed nor did any staff apologise for this or follow up with me.

Also on the first night the chicken in my room service was not cooked properly and I ended up very sick. I reported this and yet again still had to chase numerous occasions to have this meal taken off my bill only to find them trying to charge me for this on checkout.

Every meal in the restaurant on business was exceptionally slow without any apologies or explanation being made.

Such a shame as the facilities are very clean and comfortable but staff need to be better trained.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank lilly.lobster
Emile_Lannoy, General Manager at Pullman Brussels Centre Midi Hotel, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to put your review on Tripadvisor.

We very much appreciate your kind words about our rooms.

However, I was sorry to learn that we could not succeed in exceeding your expectations during your restaurant / room service experience.
It is our aim to make each and everyone of our guests feel special.

We are sorry that you felt that we were trying to charge for the unsatisfactory meal on checkout; it was not our intention. As agreed with you, it was waived off your invoice.

Allow me to ensure you that your experience is not at all living up to the standards that we strive for.

Please rest assured that you feedback is taken seriously and that your comments have been shared amongst the entire Management Team and a follow up is at place.

I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Brussels, so that my team and I can prove ourselves a better host to you.

With kind regards,

Emile Lannoy,
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

Firsly, this hotel is incredibly convenient for the Eurostar. It is a modern hotel and very comfortable. My room was huge (two big singles, a banquette, a table, a chair) and very comfortable. The bed is of memory foam and was a joy to sleep in - there was one hard pillow and one soft on each bed, so I just used the two soft since I was on my own. The toilet is separated from the bathroom which, though small, had a wet room attached. The shower takes a while to heat up, but once it reashes temperature it is lovely. I had room service one evening, and ate in the bar the other, and the food was both good and promptly delivered. However, on the other evening we had a set meal - and it took us two hours to be served and to eat it. My chicken was also not properly cooked on this occasion. Service was poor - which is a shame as it was good for the rest of the stay. Maybe not the best place to have a set meal for a large party, but otherwise I would recommend.

Room Tip: I was on the eighth floor - and I'm guessing the rooms are soundproofed. Lovely and quiet
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Brussels Midi.
I am delighted that you enjoyed our facilities as well as the room amenities.
It is true that the memory foam pillows are just heaven !

However, I am sorry that your restaurant experience did not meet your expectations; allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Please note that this problem was a true exception to our normal practices. Rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem.
All our efforts are concentrated in preventing future occurrences.

I would like to reiterate our commitment to high quality standards, and I personally would like to make sure you will experience it during your next stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Pullman Brussels Midi.

Please do not hesitate to contact me during your next visit.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

We chose this hotel as we were spending the weekend in Belgium via Eurostar, and wanted the convenience of a hotel right at the station. This also meant we could easily enjoy half a day in Antwerp. Let’s face it, the area around most mainline train stations is grotty, and this is true for Brussels Midi and agreed, there are few high quality restaurants in the area. But the hotel is far better value than one right by the Grand Place, so you can always take a taxi everywhere and still get a good deal. If you want to walk it’s only about fifteen minutes to the main sites.
The hotel is new and quite funky. Our room was small and cosy but all the gadgets and facilities worked well, and it was extremely quiet despite being right next to the station. Of special note was the supremely comfortable bed, and the wonderful breakfast including really good coffee and one of those machines that presses oranges before your eyes. We found the staff helpful and our stay experience was overall well ahead of expectations. Will definitely go back to this relaxing, good value location.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank missvanwyck
Emile_Lannoy, General Manager at Pullman Brussels Centre Midi Hotel, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear missvanwyck,

I would like to thank you for leaving such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Hotel Pullman Brussels Midi.

I am pleased that we are able to provide a stay experience that was overall ahead of expectations. High quality service is one or our top priorities.

Once again thank you for your kind words and I hope to welcome you back in Pullman Brussels Midi on your next visit to Brussels.

With kind regards,

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

Visited Pullman Midi with my wife during December 2013.

If you're looking for good customer service in hotels you stay in, rest assured that you will not find it here. While we found the rooms to be good and nice (because I believe this hotel is newly built/renovated), there are numerous short comings.

Check-in was slow as the check-in counter was a small round table with laptops attached. There were only 2 staff present and with 3 groups of guests waiting to be checked-in, one of the staff decided to walk away from her counter. We waited for a good 20mins to even speak to a member of staff regarding check in. The process of checking in was also slow, with the staff having to click through many pages of confirmation and payment of security deposit taking forever. When we were finally given a room, we were not offered to have our bags delivered to our rooms or even showed the way to the elevator.

The room itself was great. The layout was good and there were complimentary movies for guests in the room. Bed was comfortable and the bathroom was also large. We had enough space to open up two large suitcases and do our packing in the room. Breakfast was also decent. Though variety was an issue (we stayed 6 nights), the food quality was good. There is a non-spoken live eggs station where you have to ask the chef to make eggs of your choice.

The housekeeping for the hotel though efficient, was not consistent. On some days we'd get a replenish of the shower gels, shampoo etc, on some days we'd get two shampoos and no shower gels, and on some days we'd get none. Some days we'd get 2 towels and some days we'd get 1. Also, calls (three to be exact) to request for toothpaste (hotel didn't provide any) went ignored. All in all, housekeeping was poor for us.

Location of the hotel was also not ideal. Though near to Midi train station, you will need to always purchase a tram ticket to get into the city centre. There is a convenience store right opposite the hotel entrance and some restaurants located across the road but that's all. For attractions and to visit Brussels, you will need to get to the city centre.

Finally, what made our stay really unpleasant was the lack of customer service in the hotel. The staff do not smile at you nor do they proactively approach you to see if you need help. There was once where we approached the front desk to ask for directions and we were brushed off by saying "take a taxi". Thinking that it could be just that particular staff, the same question posed to another staff was answered with "I don't know". I can understand if the staff does not know everything, but I cannot accept that a hotel chain like Pullman do not even try to find out the answers to questions from their guests. In the end, I googled for everything myself, from where to dine near the hotel to what time trains arrive at Midi to how much would a taxi cost. I guess you just don't feel welcomed or warm in this hotel from my experience. It might have been ok if we were here for maybe 1 or 2 nights, but being here for 6 nights and experiencing this everyday took its toll.

I've stayed in a few Pullman properties, both in Europe and in Asia, and the experience at this particular Pullman hotel is probably the worst.

In sum, would I recommend this hotel to a friend? No. Would I stay here again? No.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David T
Dear David,

Thank you very much for sharing your most valued feedback on TripAdvisor, although I am disappointed to read that we did not succeed in offering the service you so rightfully expected.

Yours Sincerely,