“Breakfast not value for money”

Pullman Brussels Centre Midi Hotel
Ranked #11 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stayed one "short" night at this hotel in February 2014. It was a very good experience. The hotel is tastefully decorated. The welcome at the reception was very warm. The room was great, very trendy modern decoration. The bed was comfortable, maybe a bit hard for taste. The bathroom was woaw. A very nice walk-in rain-shower.
WiFi operated flawlessly. The TV offers a wide variety of channels. It reacts a bit slow to the remote control. The breakfast buffet (26€) is perfect. Everthing is tastfull, Nespresso coffee, fresh orange juice, ...

Room Tip: Stayed in room 321. I recommend. When you get out the room you have a view on the railway station...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Emile_Lannoy, General Manager at Pullman Brussels Centre Midi Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Guest, Dear Traveller,

Thank you for leaving this positive comment on Tripadvisor regarding your recent visit at The Pullman Brussels Midi. I will pass on your kind words to the entire team !

We try to give each guest a memorable experience and by reading your review I believe we succeeded in doing so.

I hope to soon welcome you back in Pullman Brussels Midi,

With kind regards,

Hong Kong
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This is really a convenient hotel if you traveled to Brussels by train and planned to leave by train as well. The hotel is just adherent to the train station and you do not even walk out from train station. There is a small supermarket in the station and just 20 seconds walk from hotel lobby. Also, there are several choices of cafe and food halls in the train station. As Pullman is just next to the train and subway station, you can travel to the city centre in several mins or you can walk to city centre in about 20mins.
We booked the superior room which is in good size. There was coffee machine inside the room and two free drinking water. The bed is comfortable as well. However, the toilet and shower room are separate located. It was a bit inconvenient after going toilet but had to wash hand in a separate room.
Buffet breakfast is in good taste and choices. I loved the Belgium waffles so much here. But it was not in breakfast everyday. Also, they have a automatic orange juice machine which you can make your fresh orange juice without trouble.
The only concern in this hotel (or in all Brussels hotels?) is the city tax. We were not notified any city tax rule when booking this hotel from web agent and check-in process. When checking out, they charged EUR7.5 per night for city tax.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bird-Bird-Blogger
Dear Guest, Dear Traveller,

Thank you very much for this very positive feedabck!

Indeed our central location is extremely convenient for both Business and Leisure purposes.
We are very well connected thanks to train lines to the main european cities departing from the Brussels Midi Station, as well as very good public transport connections to Brussels City Center !

I am truly happy to hear that your experience with us was a positive one; I have passed your comments to our entire team, and specially to our kitchen chef for his famous Waffels !

Reagrding the city tax, please note, it is claimed by the city of Brussels, any hotel in Brussels will ask for it. The information regaring the payement of the city tax is written on all our reservation confirmations; I am sorry that your travel agent did not provide it to you.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in Pullman Brussels Midi !

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I decided to stay here after a long trip from Boston via Paris. Since the station is "walking distance" of the hotel, is the ideal place to recover from jet lag.
The hotel is new, rooms in excellent condition and the service is first class. It is an excellent choice for those who are traveling on business.
Since my arrival the staff at the reception were very friendly and gave me all the details needed for my stay.
VERY good internet service free of charge!!!
A little expensive, but thanks to the corporate rate we have in my company, it will certainly be an option to consider when I come back to Brussels.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting this positive feedback; it is a pleasure to hear that you have very much enjoyed your stay at Pullman Brussels Midi !

I also thank you for pointing out the efficiency and friendliness of our Welcomers.
They are indeed a true asset to the hotel.

I am glad that you have very much enjoyed our connectivity offer featuring amongst others free Fiber Optic internet all over the hotel, as well as more than 200 in-room free movies.

We look forward to welcoming you back this week.

Old Coulsdon
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

My wife & I had a lovely stay at the Midi, for 2 nights before Christmas (I always promised to post a positive review, as the place deserves it)
From the moment we walked into the hotel, we were both extremely impressed.

- The warm welcome of the staff, love the idea of the open plan reception desk.
- The location, easy access from the Station, plus also 10/15 minute walk into the centre of town.
- Great rooms, everything you need, really peaceful, not bad considering there's the station behind you.
- Fantastic breakfast, so much choice.

Would throughly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Brussels, whether it be for business or pleasure.
Thanks to all the staff & sorry it took so long to post this review, but I got there in the end!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peter P
Emile_Lannoy, General Manager at Pullman Brussels Centre Midi Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Peter,

Thank you for posting such positive a feedback. Do not apologize for posting this review later than your actual dates of stay, it was worth waiting !

I thank you for pointing out the attentive staff all over the hotel. This will serve as an encouragement to keep on providing high standards of service.

Indeed, the rooms feature everything one guest may need; from Bose docking Station to Nespresso coffee machine, not to forget the incredible comfort of the Pullman Bed !
I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed it all !

We look forward to welcoming you back in Pullman Brussels Midi.

Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed 3 February 2014

second time overthere. Perfect location when travelling by train and very reasonably priced. Friendly staff. You can park your car in the Midi Station parking (not cheap, count app. 85 eur for two whole days/nights). Spacious, well equiped room, very clean. Had diner in the restaurant: starter with Italian meat and cheese was huge, yet tastefull. My fish was a little overcooked, the Caesar salad was OK. Nice wine list. Didn't try the breakfast.

Room Tip: try to book a room not overlooking the railwaytracks.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Emile_Lannoy, General Manager at Pullman Brussels Centre Midi Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Michel,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
I am delighted that your second experience in Pullman Brussels Midi was a positive one.

On behalf of our team, we look forward to welcoming you for a third time !

bedfordshire
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

I was here on business and stayed in a Superior room. Room was well equipped, clean and comfortable. However I did have an issue with faulty lights which, despite chasing every day for the entire 4 night break, were never fixed nor did any staff apologise for this or follow up with me.

Also on the first night the chicken in my room service was not cooked properly and I ended up very sick. I reported this and yet again still had to chase numerous occasions to have this meal taken off my bill only to find them trying to charge me for this on checkout.

Every meal in the restaurant on business was exceptionally slow without any apologies or explanation being made.

Such a shame as the facilities are very clean and comfortable but staff need to be better trained.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank lilly.lobster
Emile_Lannoy, General Manager at Pullman Brussels Centre Midi Hotel, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to put your review on Tripadvisor.

We very much appreciate your kind words about our rooms.

However, I was sorry to learn that we could not succeed in exceeding your expectations during your restaurant / room service experience.
It is our aim to make each and everyone of our guests feel special.

We are sorry that you felt that we were trying to charge for the unsatisfactory meal on checkout; it was not our intention. As agreed with you, it was waived off your invoice.

Allow me to ensure you that your experience is not at all living up to the standards that we strive for.

Please rest assured that you feedback is taken seriously and that your comments have been shared amongst the entire Management Team and a follow up is at place.

I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Brussels, so that my team and I can prove ourselves a better host to you.

With kind regards,