2 people are viewing this hotel
Vio.com
£133
hmmusafir
Greater London
Astronomical prices for a paper cup standard
2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 22 Mar 2014
This hotel charges astronomical prices and puts paper cups in the room for you to make coffee. The 'mini bar', much touted by the welcoming staff, has two plastic bottles of water in it and that's it. The breakfast is good but other hotels provided the same breakfast at a lower price. The only good points are it's extremely convenient for Eurostar being on top of the station, the beds are comfortable, and the staff are OK and friendlyish. They even have a sense of honesty and realise that the guests are paying through their noses and direct them to the cheaper convenience shops in the station if you make too much noise about the price of room service snacks! (PS the station has an unbelievable variety and array of fast food shops and cafés serving quite a decent range of food for better value for money).
Date of stay: March 2014
    £58
0.8 miles from Pullman Brussels Centre Midi Hotel
View more hotels in Brussels
2,392 results
All reviews train station early train direct access separate toilet nespresso coffee machine perfect location bed was very comfortable the grand place public transport eurostar midi accor convenience belgium sofa sauna soundproofing
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Very modern, cool bar, restaurant and rooms. The location is great if you're coming from the Eurostar. The hotel has it's own entrance directly from Midi station.
I will be staying here again as it is very convenient, but 2 things bug me...
1. the check-in, check out is too slow. the 'island' reception is a nice idea in principal, but the 2 times I've stayed here it's been slow.
2. the cool pendant lights in the bedrooms are stylishly low and look great, but I keep banging my head on them when I get up from working at the desk in the room.
Hotel is clean, shiny and new and serves Belgian Beer. What's not to like!

2  Thank Guy S
Emile_Lannoy, General Manager at Pullman Brussels Centre Midi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear GuyinGuildford,

I thank you for leaving these positive comments on Tripadvisor regarding your recent visit with us. I will pass on your kind words to the entire staff.

We try to give each guest a memorable experience and by reading your review I believe we succeeded in doing so.

I hope to soon welcome you back in Pullman Brussels Midi.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Stayed for only one night with a very late arrival. This is a fabulous modern classy hotel, which was also excellent value as I got a great last minute rate. My room was quite small but fully furnishd with lovely leather seating. Getting to the window was quite difficult due to a table placed between the bed and wall. Having said that, all the extras were there - water, tea & coffee, free internet, soap, creams, shampoo, slippers etc. Bathroom and shower were perfect. A choice of plump feather, or memory foam pillows plus black-out blinds, made for a very comfortable night's sleep. I ordered breakfast in my room, which cost an extra 8EUR for the service, and was really excellent. A short but perfect stay.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your gracious compliments. I guess every hotel wishes to receive such a positive review ! Your kind words are truly appreciated and I will make sure they will be shared with everyone involved.

These positive comments help to continue to nurture a culture of hospitality that is a strong focus in everything that we try to do, every day; and I cannot thank you enough for sharing them at Tripadvisor.

May we advise you to book a superior room for your next visit ? Overlooking the city, they develop an in-style space a between 28 and 30 m².

We whish to have the pleasure of welcoming you back !

Best Regards,

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Located right at Midi station, the hotel is perfect if you want to get straight off the Eurostar into a hotel. The hotel is very new and so the room, decor etc. is very fresh. Decent sized bedrooms with good walkin shower. I normally stay in the European district but the rooms on this particular night were just too expensive and the Pullman had a much more reasonable rate. Will be interesting to see if this was just because the hotel is relatively new or whether they are going to continue to be more competitively priced due to not being in the centre of Brussels. Hope its the latter as I would stay again if the price is right! Excellent free wifi coverage as well.

1  Thank randj06
Emile_Lannoy, General Manager at Pullman Brussels Centre Midi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this very positive and encouraging feedback!

We are happy to have been the successful setting of your stay in Brussels.

I can reassure you that our rates will always remain attractive ! To benefit of the latest promotions and special deals, please connect to pullmanhotels website.

We appreciate the quality of your opinion and sincerely hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveller and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Emile_Lannoy, General Manager at Pullman Brussels Centre Midi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stayed one "short" night at this hotel in February 2014. It was a very good experience. The hotel is tastefully decorated. The welcome at the reception was very warm. The room was great, very trendy modern decoration. The bed was comfortable, maybe a bit hard for taste. The bathroom was woaw. A very nice walk-in rain-shower.
WiFi operated flawlessly. The TV offers a wide variety of channels. It reacts a bit slow to the remote control. The breakfast buffet (26€) is perfect. Everthing is tastfull, Nespresso coffee, fresh orange juice, ...

Room tip: Stayed in room 321. I recommend. When you get out the room you have a view on the railway station. You can see train driving through. Room 321 is supposed to be ecologically relevant. However I didn't understand much about the explanation near the room door. Anyhow it's a great room

Dear Guest, Dear Traveller,

Thank you for leaving this positive comment on Tripadvisor regarding your recent visit at The Pullman Brussels Midi. I will pass on your kind words to the entire team !

I hope to soon welcome you back in Pullman Brussels Midi,