“wonderful memorable stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Geneva, Switzerland
“wonderful memorable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

memorable stay, I very much enjoyed the hotel, at least it corrected my unsatisfied experince with Pullman Dubai which i openly and honestly shared with the managment
location was great in a vibrant area, close to everything, very accessble
rooms design and cleanleness great, I liked very much the products 8the Shampoo and the shower gel)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Bonomo_Julien, General Manager at Pullman Brussels Centre Midi Hotel, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear muftahetwilb,

Thanks very much indeed for the kind review on Pullman Brussels Midi.

It is gratifying to hear that it does not go unnoticed !

We hope to see you back soon.

With my best regards,

Julien Bonomo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Conveniently located, spotlessly clean, efficient and friendly staff all made this a great 2 night break. We had a room on the 7th floor, opposite side to the railway and it was very quiet. We cannot fault the room and it only took 15 minutes to get to the centre of Brussels. You can access the Eurostar, metro and trams quickly as the hotel has an entrance inside the station. Room had everything we wanted, an enormous bed, comfortable chairs, lots of films to watch free if you wanted and a very good coffee machine. Breakfast was served from 6-11 and had a good selection of hot and cold foods. Having stayed in a couple of other hotels in Brussels which were a similar price but well below the standards of the Pullman we will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper room away from the station
Dear Guest and Senior Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your review and lovely comments. I do hope you will return and if I can ever assist in any way, do let me know.

With best wishes,

Pune
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

My need of staying closer to public transport system to go from Brussels Railway station to the airport after a night halt was fulfilled with the location of Pullman hotel. This hotel is located at the Brussels Midi Station where I had disembarked after travel by Thalys from Rotterdam. The hotel has everything a business traveler wants. It has a very smart look with with a touch of class.

Room Tip: Road side rooms.
Dear Guest, Dear Traveller,

I would like to thank you for providing us with your feedback relating to your recent stay at the Pullman Brussels Midi.

I am delighted that your experience in our hotel was a positive one and I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Kind regards

Redditch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights in the Pullman hotel amazing place, room was upgraded free of charge on arrival, staff friendly, being located on the station meant this was a 1 min walk from the eurostar, also metro stop next door, breakfast was great and hotel was very friendly and clean

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Bonomo_Julien, General Manager at Pullman Brussels Centre Midi Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Lenny,

I am enchanted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us at the Pullman Brussels Midi!

Your comments echo exactly the experience we wish for our guests and I’m so pleased that this turned a simple stay into a great experience.

Your comments are most gratefully appreciated.

I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back.

Best regards,

Phillip Island, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stylish,luxury decor,exceptional lighting design,check in /out fast and efficient.The hotel is perfectly located for train travellers to and from Brussells midi/zuid. Ideal for business / corporate guests and there is a nice relaxing bar and a restaurant.We settled in for a few drinks at the bar and a possible dinner but were a little disappointed that bar staff were not customer focused and they could have been a little more friendly.Our room though not large,was beautifully appointed with a king size bed and gorgeous bathroom,however our sleep comfort was compromised.Our duvet was much too warm and as there was no top sheet supplied we had to remove the duvet from it's cover.It would have been much appreciated if an alternative light blanket had been available in the cupboard.A good nights sleep is paramount.Everything else about the hotel was great ,so I would still recommend this hotel ,but with attenttion to the points mentioned above ,my estimation would be higher.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Vicki,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review on Tripadvisor and thank you for recommanding Pullman Brussels Midi !

I am very sorry to learn about your bar experience with us, mostly with regards to the service you experienced from our staff .

Our aim is to provide our guests with a warm and welcoming feeling and I am dissapointed to read that your experience wass not in line at all with the level of service that we strive for.

I can understand your disappointment with regards to the duvet, please note that we can deliver extra sheet upon request and 24h/24 for your well being.

We do hope to have the chance to welcome you back to Pullman Brussels Midi !

Kind regards,

Waregem, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Recently build hotel.

- top class rooms
- easy indoor secure parking just across the street
- great restaurant !!! (certainly use it! I know people normally never eat in a hotel... but this is a winner)
- great meetingrooms (book the special TGV/Thalys meetingroom where trains stop at a window 3meters from your presentor ;-)

Dear Bart,

Thank you for reviewing your recent residential seminar experience with us.

We make every effort to maintain the high standards of quality service delivery and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay. It is gratifying to hear that it does not go unnoticed.

Thank you for your kind comments and we hope to soon welcome you back in Pullman Brussels Midi !

Kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have not stayed in this hotel but just had a terrible experience with it on the phone. I had a reservation for one night. But needed to cancel my booking as I cannot travel to Brussels due to the strike action by the Belgian railways. When I phoned them up first time I was told there is nothing they can do about it I need to call booking.com as I made my reservation through them. Talking to booking.com revealed that it was the hotel's responsibility to cancel. Calling them second time and talking to the reception manager was not helpful but verged on unhelpful and rude. She repeatedly suggested they cannot refund the cost of the room because it was booked on a category that is un-refundable. I of course understand under normal circumstances this is a reasonable response. However given that I was not able to travel due to strike I was rather surprised. There was no clear explanation or attempt to explain as to why under circumstances they cannot refund. I repeated the fact that it was the strike which was the cause of the problem and I was told repeatedly that there is nothing they can do other than issuing a voucher which I should then get a refund from the Eurostar. When I mentioned that this was not really the problem of Eurostar but it is the strike by the Belgian railways problem. The person suggested maybe I should then ask the refund from the Belgian railways. The manner in which this was communicated is utterly inappropriate for a hotel which seems to promote itself as very good place for business travellers. I reminded them that the Eurostar refunded under circumstances all tickets independent of their refunding status. They said that they cannot do it without even apologising for the inconvenience. Clearly, it is a hotel that does not really care much for customer relations. I cannot imagine I will ever stay in this place or suggest anyone else they should.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business