“Patrick Cambridge”

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Patrick Cambridge”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

An excellent hotel,
practically situated at the station and for public transport, but with no noise.
Clean, modern and comfortable rooms; the rain shower was a delight.
Appreciated the late checkout we were offered. We would return.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Bonomo_Julien, General Manager at Pullman Brussels Centre Midi Hotel, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear PDB-Cam,

Kindly thanking you for taking the time to share your impressions with other travellers on TripAdvisor!

It gives me great pleasure to have read that you enjoyed our excellent location as well as our well-equipped and comfortable rooms.

I hope we may welcome you back soon here at Pullman Brussels Midi.

Julien Bonomo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Wigan
Reviewed 27 August 2014

The hotel is built to the side of the Eurostar station (Brussels MIDI) and is accessible at the platform 1 side of the station, perfect if utilising the railway network.
The hotel is located in an undesirable part of the city, but it's so simple to catch a train to the next stop Brussels Central which is 4 minutes away (trains Leave every 5 minutes) is bang in the centre of all the tourist attractions, it's quicker, cheaper and easier than catching a taxi.
The hotel is well run by professional and efficient staff, who will help with any enquiries
Our room had a very comfortable double king size bed, other features include an iron with board, hairdryer, tv with free movies. The toilet is desperate from the bathroom.
There is plenty of space for clothing, forgot to mention there is a free safe and a mini fridge which is topped up with water daily and a trips coffee machine, all of which I would expect at a 4 star rated hotel.
The bar on the first floor is a very chilled out and relaxing area, the prices are expensive, a leffe(wheat beer) and a small white wine cost 14 Euro, more expensive than the main square in Brussels, only paid 11 Euro in the grand place for the same drink, basically it's if you pay for 4 star you must have more money so we will charge more
The breakfast area is well run and comfortable, numerous choices to eat and drink for all tastes, including freshly squeezed Orange juice
When checking out please be aware of the tourist city tax, which was charged at 8 Euro a night, the tax varies dependant on which hotel you choose to stay at
Other all a good quality hotel, with good security in place, I would stay here again, but at the right price for me
Ps please book in advance at this hotel because it is much more cheaper than paying the walk up charge

Room Tip: We asked for a room with a bath tub and got it, don't be afraid to ask what you what
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear WiganChris1968,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor about your stay in Pullman Brussels Midi. I am glad to have read you enjoyed your stay with us!

Thank you for this wonderful and elaborate feedback. Indeed we strive to provide high standards of service.

However, I do take your comments about the pricing seriously and I will discuss this with the departments involved.

I hope that we may welcome you back with us!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Stunning hotel, shame about the service, day one went out for eight hours came back room still dirty so put dnd on door as didn't want to be disturbed after a day of sight seeing, and I was phoned and the door knocked why have the card if you don't respect it. Day two I thought about asking reception on way out to ensure my room got cleaned but there was a queue so didn't bother came back 6 hours later room attendant in cleaning room, no attempt to check who I was I could have been anyone, she didn't ask did I want her to leave she just continued, after she finished she left, no drinks replenished that was another person!!! Spoke to reception they apologised and re-stocked the drinks but really weren't interested. Bar closed at 12 midnight dispute the bar being full, breakfast is purely help yourself and good luck if you manage to find a clean table and this was the same on all three days dispute the time you go down. All I can say is I hope the service improves as the hotel is stunning and in a great location. I have to add I did give the hotel a chance to resolve my issues before writing this but I really don't think they were shocked or interested in what I said.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sharon A,

Thank you for choosing Pullman Brussels Midi and for providing us with your valuable feedback.

I very much regret to have been informed about the disappointment as expressed pertaining to several aspect of our service. On the outset, please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment caused.

Rest assured that this is not the norm at Pullman Brussels Midi. We pride ourselves in offering the highest levels of care and hospitality to all our guests. It is evident that we have fallen short of the expectation that we have set for ourselves and which you are certainly entitled to expect. Your comments have since been shared with the team members involved to ensure corrective actions are taken and to prevent future recurrence.

We can only hope that you would indulge us on this occasion and provide us with another opportunity to redeem ourselves.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Brussels.

Switzerland
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I spent two nights here recently for a meeting which took place in the hotel. The hotel is located inside the busy, and somewhat spooky, Gare du Midi but a bit hard to find. My room was spacious and quiet and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom lacks a towel rack and getting in and out of the bathtub-shower is tricky and possibly dangerous. Staff were cheerful and helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear swisstravelguru,

It gives me great pleasure to have read that you enjoyed our rooms; however I do regret your feedback on our bathrooms. Your comments, which I take very serious have since been shared with my staff and necessary actions will be taken.

I sincerely hope we may welcome you back here at Pullman Brussels Midi.

Berlin
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

You have to like modern architecture to enjoy this hotel. The location is perfect for Travellers by rail, because it is directly at the Midi Station - Even it's own entrance. The Rooms have a proper size and are very, very stylish. You live in an architects concept - with some diasadvantages, i.e. not everything is functional (no hangers in bathroom, low hanging lamps, very small reception).
The city Center is 20 Minuten Walk away (thru an Oriental district) or you take the subway. We got a Good Price for the room, Travelled by eurostar and we enjoyed our stay - but is it not for everybody.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Georg_lovestotravel,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor about your stay in Pullman Brussels Midi. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Your feedback on the architecture is appreciated and I can hereby I inform you that we are currently looking in to all the points mentioned and we will do our utmost to make the necessary improvements.

Once again thank you for your kind feedback and I hope we may welcome you back soon here at Pullman Brussels Midi.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Booked this hotel last minute, was a great choice and got a great price too.
We got allocated the wrong room, so was offered free drinks at the bar and a free breakfast too, hotel staff dealt with the situation quickly and were very helpful.
Room was amazing, large with a queen bed, couch, power shower, coffee machine and an ipod docking system.
Breakfast was great, so much to choose from.
Would stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Bonomo_Julien, General Manager at Pullman Brussels Centre Midi Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Suszziloo,

Thank you for choosing Pullman Brussels Midi and providing us with your valuable feedback.

I regret to have been informed that you experienced some difficulties upon check in, however I am pleased to know that our staff handled the situation well and that they succeeded to make your stay enjoyable.

I hope we may welcome you back soon here at Pullman Brussels Midi!