“Suite de Luxe (room 400)”
Review of Hotel Phenix

Hotel Phenix
Ranked #164 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was amazed by the room knowing how much I have paid. I went with my boyfriend and paid about 100 euros for a whole floor to ourselves! One bed room with very confortable bed, a spacious bathroom with bubblebath and two living room. There was also a long terrace. Whe didn't hear anything from other rooms, we were feeling really "alone", what we love when going in a hotel. The only thing we can criticize are the finitions in the construction of the room. For example, there were some plankings on the terrace which wheren't glued anymore, some little things like this but it didn't really affect our stay. And, like I said, for the price, we were really happy! We'll go back there for sure

Room Tip: It is really worth taking the Suite de Luxe for the price, it's really cheep
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lauravde40

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The hotel is very clean and room was exactly as described. I stayed in a single room, so it was small but was not expecting much more than was offered. Room fully equipped with single bed, tv, desk and toilet/shower. For 36 euros it was worth it, despite its location and how far it is from the city centre. The bed was comfortable. I was only in Brussels for 16 hours as I had an early flight to catch. The room served its purpose.

The receptionist called a taxi for me early in the morning. I was informed that a taxi to Charleroi Airport would cost me upwards of 50-60+ euros as it is very far. Instead they suggested to take a taxi take me to the bus terminal, where an airport shuttle service would take me the rest of the way. The taxi was 8 euros, and the airport shuttle was 6 euros! The taxis will try to get you to take one of their taxi vans where you split the fare with 5/6 other people but its still a cheaper option to take the airport shuttle.

Reception was very helpful with information. If I'm in Brussels again, I would consider staying at Hotel Phenix, but would first explore options closer to the city centre. Thank you for a wonderful stay nevertheless!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed 31 October 2013

If you have a car ( hotel is located away from the town, in the west side), this is a nice and very clean place to stay. We had a car and found parking on the side street ( free of charge) in the night without prob.
Staff is very friendly and helpful.

Good value for money. I would return there again

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Sally_BT
Reviewed 25 September 2013

This hotel is away from town and is not easy to get there without a car,my opinion. With the car, parking on street is a headache, underground parking is for small car only and have to pay 6 Euro. Lobby is nice and clean, but the hallway to my room on first floor has heavy smoking stink, even my non-smoking room, I have to open the window to let the stink away. Everything is brand new renovated and I like it, however, the room is so small, bed is small, the toilet and shower are next to each other, OK for one person for short stay, otherwise I enjoy it. Breakfast is not included by 7 Euro will have a reasonable size breakfast. Overall, the price is right, location is not quiet and the room of the size is tiny, and need to improve the smoking stink.

Room Tip: Good for a cheap place to shower and sleep.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Dullnut
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Our room was small and the bathroom really tiny but bed and room were very clean.
And even if the rooms are presented as soundproof, it is not the case : you can hear TV from other rooms and the high traffic from the street.
The breakfast was quite good (sausages, cheese, egg, viennoiseries, bread, butter, honey and marmelade).
The receptionist was very nice and he provided us with very useful information to use public transport.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dede1974
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

We booked the hotel phenix for 4 nights before travelling onto Holland. The hotel itself is very easy to find and is situated allowing for good road access into and out of Brussels. We found the hotel to be impeccably clean and well maintained. Staff were always friendly and helpful. There was the option of breakfast each morning however we did not have this so unable to comment. Our room was on the 3rd floor which was fine until the lift stopped working halfway through our stay and it was not repaired before we checked out. Normally this would not be an issue but with a 1yr old child and 3 flights of steep marble stairs this was both an inconvenience and a hazard. The room itself was very clean, well decorated/furnished with a very comfortable bed and fresh towels/bedding daily. The only downside was how small our room was, especially as it had to accommodate our sons cot. The room was also very hot/stuffy without the option of air conditioning.
Overall our stay was a pleasant one which represented good value for money in comparison to other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013