“Budget. Avoid if you can spend some more”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Moon Hotel

The Moon Hotel
Ranked #134 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
New Delhi, India
“Budget. Avoid if you can spend some more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Pro[just one]: Great location. It is close to everything(except Atomium & the EU which are both easily accessible by the metro network). Hotel is located right in the middle of the action. Walkable to the Grand Place. Good if you want to visit it at night. There is considerable activity even late at night(around midnight and later), so it is very safe. My room was at the rear of the building so it was very quiet. No noise if the window was shut.

Cons[many]: it is a basic budget hotel, so don't expect much. It is fine, if you are just looking at a place to crash, which provides free breakfast.
1. There is no elevator. I had to carry my luggage all the way up the stairs.
2. The breakfast is very basic. You can fill your stomach, but it is not enjoyable.
3. After a long day out, once you get back to the hotel, you will not have a luxurious feeling. The room was a shocking red colour; which made it appear smaller than it was.
4. The hotel reception staff(2 of the 3 people that I met) was rude. I stayed for 3 days. I had half the mind to cancel the booking for the last 2 days but last minute reservations can be expensive. It was not a pleasant experience. There was a fan in the room. An AC too, but I did not need to use the AC. The reception staff could be educated to be more polite and possibly be paid something extra by the management to help with guests' luggage.

I won't recommend it

Room Tip: At the rear of the building
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

The best part about this hotel is the location. It is right outside a market and 2min from the grand place. When you walk in the door there is one flight of stairs to the front desk. I was on the second floor so by the time I got to my room I had taken my bags up 5 flights of stairs. Keep that in mind as they don't have a lift. My friend spilled a drink on her outfit so we came back here to change and the staff at the front desk said she could come behind the desk and change there. I thought that was very inappropriate. When we came back to retrieve her clothes at the end of the night the staff had an issue with her coming to my room since I only paid for a single. We explained she was just coming upstairs to pick up her jeans and he mentioned something about cameras watching us. It was really really weird and made us both feel uncomfortable. The room was fine but the main cover on the bed had stains on it. I didnt expect much but I still would never stay there again. Stay for the location but don't expect anything more than that.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Brussels hotels

Copenhagen, Denmark
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Pros:
* centrally placed at Grand Place square with 3 minutes to Central Station
* Cheap compared to location
* Clean

Bad:
* no wifi in room even though it was included in price
* very limited service from staff
* breakfast was terrible
* Room very small
* Noise from square
* No A/C or any kind of ventilation

It was quite a surprise to experience such a small place and if I had booked this place for more than the one day I had done I would have probably moved.
Even for a short business trip traveling alone I was underwhelmed, but for youngsters, who only need a place to crash it seems fairly okay.

Stayed June 2014
Spa, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

The location is great. You are just upstairs from plenty on cafés and only a minute from the centre. Our room overlooked a lovely square which unfortunately was full of drunk people making noise until nearly 4am, the fact our fan was broken didn't help as we had to leave the French doors open.
The bathroom is decent, but the toilet rather noisy. The bed could have been better for the price. Next time i would stay in one of the chain hotels that are on the same square as I expect they would be nicer, for a very similar price.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Very good location, near the train station, tourist spots, shopping malls and restaurants. Staff were accommodating and friendly. Room has a good space and very clean. Worth the price. Highly recommended to stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

general
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

As with many economy hotels, this is a 2+ story walk-up: one flight to the desk, at least another to the rooms. Rooms are completely adequate for a visit of a few days when you seek a place to stay rather than to lounge, though the lighting is poor. Bathroom is small, but they change the linens daily. Our room had a view across a broad air shaft to the kitchen of a restaurant on the next block, so we had to keep the curtains closed. Simple but adequate breakfast buffet included in the price of the room.
Location is excellent: half a block from the underground entrance to the Central Station, a short blocks to the Grand Place. Helpful staff: we arrived early AM from an overnight flight and asked to leave our bags in their luggage room until check-in time; when we returned later they had put the bags in the room.
Negatives? Thin doors. When visitors knocked on the door across the hall from our room it sounded as though they were knocking on our door.
When in Brussels on business I stay at considerably higher-standard hotels, but for personal tourism this is completely adequate, comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AfricaAsiaTraveller
Reston, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

This hotel is in a good location and for what it is, it wasn't terrible. However, I have 2 main complaints: first off, there was no AC which I didn't not know when I was booking (could've sworn it said there was AC) and the days we were there it was hot so the room got a little uncomfortable. Also, the safe in our room was locked still (from the previous guest I think) and when we asked the front desk about it they just told us that they could not do anything about. That coupled with the fact that someone came in everyday to clean up made me a little bit uneasy. Otherwise, 3 night stay was ok. Bed was clean and comfortable (aside from being hot) and the room was spacious enough for 2 people. I would not stay here again because of the lack of AC and non-working safe.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple