Pro[just one]: Great location. It is close to everything(except Atomium & the EU which are both easily accessible by the metro network). Hotel is located right in the middle of the action. Walkable to the Grand Place. Good if you want to visit it at night. There is considerable activity even late at night(around midnight and later), so it is very safe. My room was at the rear of the building so it was very quiet. No noise if the window was shut.
Cons[many]: it is a basic budget hotel, so don't expect much. It is fine, if you are just looking at a place to crash, which provides free breakfast.
1. There is no elevator. I had to carry my luggage all the way up the stairs.
2. The breakfast is very basic. You can fill your stomach, but it is not enjoyable.
3. After a long day out, once you get back to the hotel, you will not have a luxurious feeling. The room was a shocking red colour; which made it appear smaller than it was.
4. The hotel reception staff(2 of the 3 people that I met) was rude. I stayed for 3 days. I had half the mind to cancel the booking for the last 2 days but last minute reservations can be expensive. It was not a pleasant experience. There was a fan in the room. An AC too, but I did not need to use the AC. The reception staff could be educated to be more polite and possibly be paid something extra by the management to help with guests' luggage.
I won't recommend it
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your The Moon Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moon Hotel Brussels