“Hotel OK-Great location For National Football Stadium”

Best Western Hotel Expo
Ranked #157 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed 6 June 2011

I stayed here for 1 night. The hotel was right opposite the football stadium and this is the reason why I booked it. I saw Belgium v Turkey. The hotel is quite small and the room was more than adequate for my needs. It was clean and tidy. It also had tea and coffee making facilities too which is a rare event in my travels around Europe. I did not have breakfast with my booking which is unusual for me but I was reluctant to pay another 11 Euro for it. It was really convenient for the stadium and there was a bar a few yards from the hotel. It is situated some 20 minutes metro ride from Midi station. The reception staff were ok, nothing out of the ordinary.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 4 February 2011

I had a business trip for 3 days in belgium and I stayed in this hotel. Was a perfect place to be, free WIFI, free private parking, the room, the toilet was very clean. Staff was helpfull with everything. Was a perfect place to stay. People who didn't like this hotel, they should book next time a more expensive hotel if they want a luxury experience. Foe the price I have paid, the conditions were very good. Happy New Year.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank mariano_11
Reviewed 26 January 2011

The rooms in this OLD, run down hotel are the smallest rooms we have seen in Europe. I cannot understand how Best Western can authorize thier name on this place. And, how can they possibly rate this as a 3 star hotel is beyond me. Don't get sucked in with the low rate...it is not worth it. And, it is 2 metro rides to get in to town....not even a good location!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HeidelbergSummer
Reviewed 24 January 2011

There was absolutely nothing good or remotely acceptable about this hotel. The location is horrible and what made it worse is a staff unwilling to provide help with directions and how to move about in the city. One particular staff member kept giving us all kinds of false information which seemed so ridiculous, since there was no sense whatsoever in a hotel worker misleading the clients. The staff members, in general, except for one lady perhaps, were uncooperative, unprofessional and unhelpful. They were unable to help with directions or money exchange (of course); even sending a post card seemed like a dilemma, so they failed to do the things that are routinely done by all hotels around the world, I mean respectable ones.
The rooms are so small that you need to be the size of an ant to move in them. They are badly equipped, or rather packed with furniture. They wanted to put all that is needed to be placed in a mismatching space. Toiletries were not replaced when emptied. The cleaning lady came to our floor, once, with a mobile phone on her ears and kept chatting on the phone for over an hour and was still talking when we left. I am just wondering on the quality of her work while she was engaged in her phone call!

My strongest recommendation for any person unwilling to waste their money and sacrifice their comfort is to avoid this horrible hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Masrya
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Upon arrival, the lobby looked very shabby. The receptionist initially couldn't find our reservation, and later tried to charge it a second time. It seemed that the carpet on the stairs hadn't been cleaned in a couple of months. It led us to the ash-gray (supposedly originally white) second floor. The hotel room had a sense of long-lost glory and was cleaned only superficially: sticky, filthy floors with remainders of biscuits, wrappers, lots of hairs in and around the bed, stains on the sheets, a dirty mirror etc. And all of this for the price of a modern four-star hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Koen456
Reviewed 5 August 2010

Booked this hotel for an overnight stay during my two day trip to Brussels.
The hotel is very close to the Atomium (10min walk) and the other atractions around the Expo-site. The metrostation is also within easy reach (10 min walk) and has good connections.
Although the hotel has a little parking garage, there was ample free parking along the street right in front of the hotel.
The room was tiny and a little outdated, but the bed was good/ the tv was ok/and the (small) bathroom was clean, and thats al we needed during our 1 night stay.
The breakfast was very good with lots of choiches of bread/toast/pastries, coffee/tea/juice, some fresh fruit and yoghurt and a large selectoin of sandwich fillings.

So if you're looking for a place to stay for 1 night and only need a bed and shower this hotel is okay. When you are several days in Brussel I would suggest to look for another place.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 December 2006

I visited this hotel with my husband in December(with a group tour). The whole experience was awful! The rooms are uncomfortable, tiny and awfully decorated. There is no fridge in the rooms and the bed size is extremely small even for a short and thin person like me. The bathroom is also tiny and the lavatory is uncomfortable to use, since is very small and short. also in the room there were only 3 towels for both of us! The breakfast buffet was too poor and the chinese woman who was supposed to serve us was extremely rude. She asked us where we are from and waved in a degrading manner at us. She did not provide spoons and knifes when we asked her. People who were staying at the hotel and have not booked through the travel agency we have booked had a better breakfast(some cold croissant and a selection of coffees). When we asked for a croissant she told us that we had to pay for it!
Also the location was not ok since it is too far from the Grand Place and we had to pay 25 Euros to the taxi driver to take us there. The metro station is close to the hotel, but it closes in midnight. The location can be ok for people visiting the expo.
My advice is to keep away from this hotel. We were extremely dissapointed, since we payed a fortune for the trip in Belgium and the travel agent took us to the worst hotel!!!

• Stayed: December 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank mariageorgi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brussels
Ramada Brussels Woluwe
#1 of 1 in Jette
ibis Brussels Erasmus
ibis Brussels Erasmus
#3 of 6 in Anderlecht

Been to Best Western Hotel Expo? Share your experiences!