“Room a bit too small and poor service.”

Best Western Hotel Expo
Ranked #159 of 198 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed 17 August 2012

This hotel looks dated in places but the rooms themselves aren't too bad and are quite modern. However, our bathroom was too small and worse was too come as we didn't have any hot running water.

When we reported the issue we were told we could have another room so we suggested that the hot water be tested before we relocated. This was met with us being asked to come to reception to pick up the new key and to test the water ourselves!

Suffice to say the water was still not hot.

• Stayed: August 2012
There are newer reviews for Best Western Hotel Expo

Reviewed 26 May 2012

First of all, it's really far from the city centre, although it's next to a metro station, and pretty close to one of the biggest landmarks in Belgium: the Atomium. Anyway, it's ok for a few days, but I had some issues: Even though I had arrived at the hotel around 16:00 (check-in starts at 14:00) I had to wait a whole hour for my room to be ready. The room was clean enough, but lacked more light in it, it was pretty dark at night. Also, there's no ventilation in the room! I had to leave the window open all night or I would sufocate. I tried to speak with the manager but the guy was really rude, telling me that the room was not supposed to have an air conditioning system. Apart from these issues, I would recommend it only if you are on a budget, if you're not planning on staying more than a couple of days and if you're not afraid of using the metro (Brussels metro system is ok, it's easy to use, cheap, and I had no problems at all using it).
Overall it looks like an Ibis, but with lower standards.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Marcelo_Goncalves
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Not really worth a 3 star rating. Price correct though, more of a 2 star. Tiny rooms, OK for 1 but 2 impossible. Good beds, not at all quiet- hear traffic from street and TV in other rooms. Nice to wake up to the smell of warmbread though. Wellplaced for the exhibition hallor the stadium, otherwise I see no othr reason to stay here.

Room Tip: 4th floor and not on the street side
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank alexandra s
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We pulled up and parked right outside the front door: booked in 4 hours earlier than allowed on the booking form and were given our room without any fuss. Asked for and was given a new City transport map as mine was well out of date, so helpful front of house staff.

Downstairs is an airy (empty on our visit) breakfast room and a small reception area, some soft chairs too.

The lift was OK, the corridor clean but in need of a good spring cleaning, the room not very big, nor was the shower/toilet corner cubical: we couldn't move around the bed at the same time, not enough space to pass each other. Our stuff was loaded into the wardrobe but there were not enough shelves, even for two days worth of kit, so we lived out of our cases.

City hotel feel to it, functional and well used: good transport links into the city centre, takes a while but its safe and fun (both the tram or underground systems).

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2011

The hotel is ok but the rooms are very small. In the bathroom there is so little space for the sink between the wall and the shower that you hit your elbows when you try to brush your teeth or comb your hair. The breakfast was pretty basic but reasonably priced at only 11 Eur.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 June 2011

I stayed here for 1 night. The hotel was right opposite the football stadium and this is the reason why I booked it. I saw Belgium v Turkey. The hotel is quite small and the room was more than adequate for my needs. It was clean and tidy. It also had tea and coffee making facilities too which is a rare event in my travels around Europe. I did not have breakfast with my booking which is unusual for me but I was reluctant to pay another 11 Euro for it. It was really convenient for the stadium and there was a bar a few yards from the hotel. It is situated some 20 minutes metro ride from Midi station. The reception staff were ok, nothing out of the ordinary.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 February 2011

I had a business trip for 3 days in belgium and I stayed in this hotel. Was a perfect place to be, free WIFI, free private parking, the room, the toilet was very clean. Staff was helpfull with everything. Was a perfect place to stay. People who didn't like this hotel, they should book next time a more expensive hotel if they want a luxury experience. Foe the price I have paid, the conditions were very good. Happy New Year.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank mariano_11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brussels
Ibis Brussels Expo-Atomium
#1 of 1 in Jette
Hotel Frederiksborg
Hotel Frederiksborg
#1 of 1 in Ganshoren

Been to Best Western Hotel Expo? Share your experiences!