“Excellent Surprise”
Review of Hotel Cafe Pacific

Hotel Cafe Pacific
Ranked #105 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed 25 May 2014

You walk up a typical Brussels business street and up come upon a small black door that is the entrance. You enter the a hallway and there is a pleasant person sitting at a desk. First impressions are a little off putting, only because you might be used to large, business type entrances; ie. Marriott Hotels. All other hotels were full due to an event so we looked at this smaller hotel. We had picked this hotel based upon other persons ratings on TripAdvisor but I wandered if I had made a mistake. We signed in and he took us up to the room via a small (typical Europe) elevator. He opened the door and the room was great. The rate per night was better than other hotels, the two or three people staff were nice and helpful, the breakfast was good and typical European. The price quoted was respected. The stay turned out to be fine. The Hotel Cafe Pacific is a totally acceptable and pleasant experience.

Room Tip: We had room 202 and it was very nice but facing the business street and was a little loud. Check out...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Me and my partner stayed here for 2 night in May. We were not expecting much from the hotel as it's only 2 star and our plan was just to use it for sleep after exploring the city.
When we arrived we were met by a very smart and well designed hotel and a lovely well appointed room with one of the best showers I have ever I used.
I would definitely recommend this play to any one looking for a hotel, with a decent breakfast, from which to explore the city.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rob W
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed here for a city break for 3 nights. Room 302 from 14th April to 17th April. We can't fault this hotel at all and would recommend it especially for a city break.

. The staff friendly and helpful.

. We had a room out the back on the 3rd floor we heard no noise outside or In the corridor

. Room was clean bright and nice

. Bathroom was nice and clean, very modern, always had hot running water.

. A lot of people have said there was an issue with there being a curtain between the room and the toilet but the toilet also has a sliding door and we didn't find this a problem at all and never heard anything when either of us were in the toilet

. Breakfast was fine a good selection of cereal, fruit,bread,juice,tea,coffee

. Great location right in the centre of the town near restaurants and a 5 min walk to the central station

Thank you for a lovely service we would defiantly come back

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charlie S
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Hi,

Me and My Girlfriend stayed for 1 night in this hotel recently, it was simple but nice and although we would agree with some of the reviews that the staff just let you get on with it, we were quite happy with that and we didn't spend much time in the hotel as there was so much to see in Brussels.....The breakfast was nice and although not a cooked breakfast there was plenty on offer......Overall Clean and tidy and I would stay there again as the location was very good (central) and the rooms were spacious enough and clean and tidy...

As a 'could be better point' the next door café that they have could be utilised far better and could be more vibrant, and happening in particular during the day...

Cheers,

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank butterick99
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located centrally, close to St. Catherine, where there are lots of restaurants, cafés and bars. My flight arrived very early and my business appointment was not until in the afternoon, so I asked in advance if I could check in early - this was generally possible, and also without extra costs. They took down my name and said they would try to clean my room first so that it would be ready when I arrive. This worked out just fine! The receptionist was very friendly and showed me to my room, which was on the top floor, but there is an elevator. My room was nicely furnished (practical, but modern with some design elements) and clean. The bathroom is equipped with a shower with glass doors and there are toiletries from L'Occitane. The only two downsides to my room were that the curtain railing had come loose in the middle and that I couldn't open the windows to air the room - I had to switch on the A/C instead. This is ok for April, but once it gets warmer outside, the room will be close to boiling hot and I doubt that the A/C can cope. Free wifi is available throughout the hotel. Another proof of the hotel's friendly service: I had to catch an early flight the next day which meant that I had to leave the hotel before 7 a.m. It was no problem to get breakfast earlier than normally - very nice! All in all, I recommend this hotel not only to business travellers, but also to tourists.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The same old problem: being fashionable and having a design chic image is not the same as good service.
The price is low but for a reason: there is zero service. Once you have been given your key, staff thinks they have done their job. So dont bother them. Staff does not speak anything else than french. Interaction with customers is unpersonal.
Rooms on the street side are very noisy.
Breakfast which ironically you have to book specially in advantage is a scandal - poor quality bread, all the rest industrial stuff from wrapppers, very low quality imitation cheese.

Room Tip: You must refuse a room on the street side.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights back in September 2012. I was traveling alone so I wasn't concerned with the separation between the room and the bathroom, but it's as close as it looks in all pictures. The room was much larger than I expected and I had plenty of room to move around. There were lots of window/doors so the room was very bright and I loved that you could use the doors as windows. I didn't find that there was a lot of noise on the street, but I could hear everything outside and from the café and lobby. I was one flight up and could hear when people walked in and out.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo