“My stay”
Review of Solys Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brussels
Solys Hotel
Ranked #181 of 198 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed 11 June 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 23 April 2012

The Hotel was booked through Hotels.com and they gave it a two star rating. So at least i thought it would be basic, but clean, presentable and safe. All three were totally wrong.
The first thing you noted when arriving is the large front window at the entrance was smashed, the others windows and entrance doors were covered so you could not see into the property. After waiting outside for 15 mins, i was eventually guided to another door by the bar adjacent to the property. The receptionist opened the door and i was amazed as the propoerty was under- going building works that i had not been informed off. I register then given directions to the room in addition to being handed the remote control for the television? Their comment on this was they go missing ! On entering the room, i found it to be filthy, bathroom shower covered in dirt, bedding damp and final straw to find wood lice in the bedding. Lots of other things to complain about, but i think this gives you some indication. Need i say anymore, my recommendation do not stay there.

Room Tip: Do not book this especially through Hotels.com. The ratings are totally incorrect. How this place ju...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
An EasyToBook.com traveler
Reviewed 2 April 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler
Reviewed 18 October 2011

as soon as we walked in the smell in reception was off-putting - it smelt ike a public toilet.

the stair p to the rooms are very small and steep so you cant get a proper foothold - nightmare when carrying bags.

the road outsdie is veyr noisy gut there is good double glazing. however if the air con doenst work, (as ours didn't- room 111) you will need the window open and the noise from the road and the trains is very loud and non stop - about 10 lanes of traffic, right outside.

It is near the Eurostar station and also either Lemonier or Midi metro but I do NOt recommend.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2011

This is a 50/50 place, and depending on where in Brussels you want to be and how long you're staying will determine which 50 you will vote for.

Negative bits: no lift; scary staircase (22 steps to the first floor), narrow, steep and bendy in the middle, with narrow steps; no catering except a rather DIY breakfast (but see below for neighbouring restaurants); rooms rather small; telly only had two channels and no sound; workspace also very small.

Positive bits: lovely reception staff, very helpful with carrying bags, etc., and offered to go out and buy me food if I wished; but there are two cafés next door offering food from about €8.50 a main course (watch out, they don't necessarily accept credit cards); room, though small, spotlessly clean with blond wood furniture and floors, bathroom with good towels, soap and shampoo, very comfortable bed; air conditioning; free high-speed wifi internet that really worked; less than a kilometre from the centre of the city and Brussels-Midi railway station; and, the clincher, €45 a night.

So, you pays your money and you takes your choice. Would I stay there again? For one night probably yes, but not for longer. It would be an ideal base, however, for cash-strapped sightseers.

Room Tip: Room 114 is the closest to the top of the scary stairs on the first floor
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2011

This hotel is horrible, don't recommend it at all.
There is not lift, you have to carry your language up on narrow slippery stairs. When we arrived we got our rooms on the third floor. The 'funny' thing is that the receptions told us the wrong room numbers so we had to look all over third floor for our rooms. We could smell the paint all over 3rd floor and it was worst in the room. After staying there for 5 minutes I can say we were I bit high from the smell. Even if this is a non-smoking hotel the room were smelling like old cigarette smoke, the sheets look very used.

For breakfast you had to be there before 9, otherwise you find only leftovers.

Our rooms were changed with rooms on the first and second floor but the cigarette smoked was still there. I found pubic hair on the bathroom floor (not very pleasant) and urine stains on the toilet! (very grouse).

If you really care about your health and your money, don't stay at this hotel. At the same price you can find much better!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Worst hotel that I ever stayed. I was given a room in 3rd floor and no lifts. The steps were too narrow that I could not carry my luggages to the room and each floor had about 15 to 20 steps. When I reached the room, I thought I may need a medical emergency. I really died before I climbed the steps on narrow stairs with heavy luggage.

Room was too hot, there was an airconditioner, but no switch for that. I think that is just for a show case. Toilets were not clean. I opened the window and it smelled like ditch outside.

The hotel advertise Free wifi. But it really didnt work. I think they dont have any wifi at all. I had a terrible experience and really the cost you pay here is too expensive for this hotel.

Room Tip: Go for a good hotel
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo