“Perfect city break hotel!!”
Review of Hotel Orts

Hotel Orts
Ranked #132 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Perfect city break hotel!!”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We've never been to Brussels before so chose our hotel choice entirely on trip advisor reviews. We were not disappointed! When we arrived the receptionist wasn't available but the bar tender gave us our key and directed us to our room; about 15 minutes later the receptionist came up to apologise for not being available and explained how to access the wifi (free!), which TV channels were British and also let us know that the minibar was fully stocked and free for us to help ourselves to. It had soft drinks, bottled water, beer (of course) and champagne.
The room was perfect - room 102 is on the first floor and on the corner with balconies all the way round so perfect for people watching! It's not a huge room but perfectly clean and easily the most comfortable room I've stayed in! The bathroom had a good sized shower cubicle and was again spotlessly clean.
Breakfast was a continental buffet and a relaxed and casual affair. Freshly baked pastries, fruit, cereals and a large choice of fresh breads, cheeses and meats along with tea, coffee, fruit juice and chocolate milk. This was included in the room rate and made it excellent value.
We didn't eat in the hotel other than breakfast but drank in the bar every evening. The food looked amazing and the service was spot on - friendly and efficient.
In terms of location, the hotel couldn't be better placed. It's 5 minutes walk from the Grand Place so close enough to all the main attractions but far enough away to not feel like you're stuck in tourist hell. It's in the fashion district and has lots of fantastic bars and restaurants right on the doorstep. As a city, Brussels is very relaxed and all the bars we visited were very welcoming.
The metro stop is right on the street corner, less than 25m away, and it's only about a 10 minute walk from Gare Central and 15 minutes from Gare Midi so easy to get to and from and ideal if you want to go on day trips to Bruges, Antwerp, etc.
I really can't fault this hotel at all, and I'm usually hard to please! We can't wait to find an excuse to go back!

Room Tip: I suspect all the rooms are nice! The only thing I would suggest is that you request a higher floor...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JanaBee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Greek first
Highland, Maryland
Reviewed 8 March 2013 via mobile

Arrived early for my room. Had to wait in bar for a room to be ready but Luigi and his staff took good care of me and they got me in a room earlier than expected. This is not your typical hotel. I like that. Nice bar / restaurant fills ground level. Good breakfast. Excellent rate. 5 minutes from Grand Place but in a truly local neighborhood with a cluster of nice restaurants and bars just steps away. Room was large. Plain, but fine. Not too noisy even though I was right over bar. Good internet. Will come back here for good value, character, and neighborhood.

• Stayed March 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2013

This hotel is in an excellent location. Just a short walk from the Grand Place and many of the attractions in Brussels. The hotel is located about a two minute walk from Bourse metro station which we found very handy. On arrival there was nobody to welcome us at reception but a waiter from the small restaurant came over to give us our room key. This turned out to be the wrong room so after settling in we had to change over a little later on. This was pretty much the service we received throughout our stay. We were never welcomed or given any details of breakfast, room service or important information. The telephone in our room didn't work either so incase of any need to contact reception we were not able to do so. The hotel room was small, clean and compact and seemed to have all the essentials. The towels supplied in the bathroom left something to be desired though. We found the room to be quite noisy you could hear the traffic quite a lot it may be a problem if you are a light sleeper. Although the central location probably makes up for this. Overall, the best thing about this hotel is the location we would probably have given four stars if we had received a little better service.

Room Tip: A room situated on a higher floor seemed to be less noisy
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amy P
KKgio-Torino
Reviewed 5 February 2013

do you look for one of those branded hotel with huge and useless Lobby?! this hotel is not for You! at Orts I loved the fact that they do not have lobby, but a small desk, not a "branded" b/fast room! but you can have b/fast in their Cafe! a very good choise of food fresh and nice! Nice Staff. TV with lots of channels, WIFI free! VERY nice rooms I stayed at 3rd floor and during w/end I had no probs with noise on street. The hotel is spot on the centre of Brussels.
I really enjoyed been there!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 30 December 2012

This review is not about hotel Orts, but about Cafe Orts, which is located at the ground floor of the hotel, right in downtown Brussels. We randomly walked in here and were pleasantly surprised with the food. The steak au poivre was great, and the peppersauce outstanding. Why can't Americans make this? Naturally, the accompanying fries were perfect. After all, it's the Belgians that invented fries, not the French. For desert, the crème brûlée is recommended. Of course, like any Belgian cafe, the choice of beer and whine is outstanding. For a good Belgian beer, I recommend Palm, but pretty much anything is a hit.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kbpneacl
London
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Highly convenient location smack bang in central Brussels.

This hotel is a bar/restaurant on the ground floor. The rooms are all above it. The hotel is small; I guess 12 - 15 rooms . Room are generously sized and are well equipped. Staff in the hotel are extremely obliging. I single out the girl on reception (sorry I forgot her name) and Peter, the owner/manager. Both of them went out of their way to ensure that various things I needed help with, were sorted out. The service they both provide is absolutely excellent.

Also, if you need a driver when you are Brussels I can highly recommend Steph (ask Peter at the hotel to fix you up): I was there for work and needed to visit five locations in the space of a day and he was good company on the trip.

The final thing I would single out as a excellent is the breakfast. You are paying a three star hotel price and getting a good four star breakfast. Everything I ate was fresh and of great quality. The choice was excellent also.

I need to return to Brussels at some point next year and I will stay again.

Room Tip: If you are a very light sleeper, ask for a room on one of the upper floors; the hotel is so well loc...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2012

We booked this hotel as we were going to a concert at the AB venue which is just around the corner. Also hotel is very near to a Metro station, which is very good as we travelled by Eurostar..
When checking in felt very welcome and the staff were very helpful and friendly. We had booked a standard room but was upgraded to a superior room which was a lovely surprise.
The location is fabulous very close to the Grand .Place .We had a room on the first floor with two balcanys with good view. The room was spacious, bright, nicely decorated and very clean. Bathroom was also wonderfully decorated, with bath and shower.And supplied with the usual toiletries and even slippers. Bed very comfortable and extra pillows were in the cupboard.
The room rate included a buffet style breakfast with good variety.
I would stay here again and would definitley recommend the Hotel Orts

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple