“Excellent value for money” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Barry
Ranked #169 of 200 Hotels in Brussels
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

My mates and I wanted to visit Brussels for a short weekend trip, so we didn't want to spend too much on money on accommodation. We found this place and booked a room with four single beds, which came up to around £52 per person for 3 nights, which is definitely a great bargain.

Once we arrived, the staffs were very nice and friendly. Be aware that there were no lifts for our room, so we had to carry our suitcases upstairs, which was quite narrow and a bit dirty (definitely not a good impression). However once we were inside, although the room was basic (which I expected it to be), it was clean and tidy with good amount of space. The bathroom was also a good size and clean. The shower was working fine and we had no issues of noise from outside. Was definitely pleased with our stay and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good basic accommodation.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jay j

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

We use a triple room for 2 nights. All aspects of hotel is quiet good. Especially, its place is nearby anneessens station and also has good position to reach Grand Place and Midi station. But a room is just average. Totally it's suitable for short night-travellers.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

Like others, I decided to gamble on Hotel Barry despite the very mixed reviews. Further, I booked 2 single nights there bookending a weekend in Antwerp; if it was bad, I would have to return regardless. Luckily it worked out well.

I booked single rooms which were small but more than adequate with en suite facilities. There was a lot of noise during the day from workers renovating some part of the building, but by nighttime it had quieted down. I slept quite well.

The first night I decided to get breakfast and this, in retrospect, was not a good idea. For 5 Euro you get coffee, juice, and bread with butter and jam. I'm sure I could have gotten better breakfast elsewhere for less.

The staff was welcoming and friendly for both stays (if a bit incredulous at how brief my second stay was!).

Location is GREAT. RIght by the Aneesens metro stop which gets you easily to the train stations especially Midi; walkable to the Grote Markt if you like.

In short - budget hotels in Brussels can be hard to come by, and this is one of the better ones I've found so far. Location, value and premises are all a thumbs up.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank pkitty
Suceava, Romania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

We stayed for 2 nights but I will not recommend to stay . We were 3 person in a tiny and noisy room ( nr 23) with no view with not even basic clean, old towels and blankets. It is a hotel only to sleep , change and take a shower (if you dare). The good things is that it is closer to the main square, metro station, pubs and restaurants...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Brussels hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Myself and a friend went away for a spontaneous trip to Belgium last weekend. We stayed in Hotel Barry despite mixed reviews because of the price and location and we are thrilled we took the risk.
The hotel is freshly refurbished, basic but clean, fine sized room if you are just looking for somewhere to sleep and change. We only stayed for 2 nights but we had our room cleaned once during our stay and the reception staff are very friendly and keen to help plan your visit and offer directions and advice. It couldn't be closer to the action and is a 5 min walk from the main square with restaurants, bars, shops and sites to see and a 10 -15 min walk to the main station Brussels Midi where you can hop on the Eurostar or pop of to Bruges like we did for the day. If you are not a walker the Metro is right outside the hotel.
Certainly a great hotel if you are looking for a clean room, friendly staff and to be in with the action just don't come here looking for luxury as that not what its advertising or what its purpose is.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I made a reservation with Hotel Barry 2 months in advance. Two weeks before my trip, I got an email from Booking.com saying my reservation was cancelled. The reason the hotel gave me was: your card was declined. A big lie! I called my bank and there isn't any transactions from Belgium and the Hotel hasn't tried to charge it. Not reliable, staff was not helpful and they didn't offered to re-do the booking.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank C M
Brussels
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

This is third classe even less than 1 star hotel in my life . I would not recommend every to not stay . Zero service . No arrangement only just small tiny room for one person where they accommodate 3 or more people . I recommend better to stay in other three star rather than this .

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Khuram S