“Lovely apartment in Brussels...”
Review of Brussels@Heart

Brussels@Heart
Ranked #126 of 211 Brussels B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 July 2011

I stayed in the apartment for several nights with my sister. It was our first time in Belgium. We felt the area was very secure and access to the city center and train station (to go to Bruges) was easy. Carmelo recommended excellent restaurants and museums. The apartment was well equipped and comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank mb_explore

Reviewed 28 June 2011

The only thing better than the location, rooms, and the breakfast was our host Carmelo. He made our stay special by going above and beyond to personalize our visit to his lovely city. Three nights were over too soon. We highly recommend Brussels@Heart.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank MHobkirk
Reviewed 8 April 2011

When planning our trip to Brussels, I looked at a number of different hotels and B&B's. One looked really excellent, but had only one-star reviews here on tripadvisor. As compared to this one, with all five-star reviews. I couldn't agree with them more. Carmelo is kind, friendly, responsive, helpful, and personable. When we had breakfast we sat chatting to him for an hour, hearing stories of Brussels and being told where to visit and laughing so hard we forgot what we were supposed to be doing that day. I'd stay here again in a minute. Very easy to get to the train station, Metro, Grand Place, market, anything you need. Very secure as well. We were told by our client in Belgium that some of the streets nearby were a bit 'iffy', but we never had any problems.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank klrscotland
Reviewed 9 January 2011

Carmelo was a wonderful host. He provided a number of useful maps for us to use and we went on a walking tour. We were only staying one night but it was a very comfortable night. The room was large and had a number of good amenities. Breakfast was a highlight. Pity we couldn't have eaten more.

1  Thank shaneandkat
Reviewed 14 June 2010

My husband and I spent 3 weeks touring Europe and Brussels @ Heart was by far the best place we stayed the entire trip. We had the entire top floor of the building, and while the steps were quite a hike, Carmelo the gracious host helped us get moved in. Our room, I would really call it an apartment, was amazing. I have never stayed at a B&B and really thought we would just have a room at someone's home, but we had an entire private flat including a kitchen/living room area, large bathroom and huge bedroom. After weeks in mini "design hotels" in Paris and London, having somewhere that felt like home was great. Our bed was very comfortable and actually one bed, rather than 2 twins pushed together (rare for Europe) and the space was modern and very well designed. I was nervous because their website only shows close up photos of the rooms, but it was really gorgeous. The flat is located a quick 10 minute walk from the city center. It's a nice walk, and even though Brussels is a major city, we felt comfortable walking back to our flat after late nights of "appreciating" Belgian Beer. Breakfast was great each morning and while Carmelo the host was there to offer us advice and directions he was in no way intrusive. All in all an A+ stay, I am counting the months until I can go back to Brussels.

1  Thank DesignScout
Reviewed 31 May 2010

Our bed and breakfast turned out to be a small apartment with a large bedroom, bathroom, and a sitting room kitchen combination. It was a very comfortable apartment with a TV, frig, microwave, electric kettle, and stove top. Our host produced fresh bread and pastries for breakfast along with cereal, yogurt, and fresh fruit salad. Each morning he would greet us and answer any questions we might have about such things as the weather forecast, how to ride the metro, the train schedule to other cities. He was very helpful, and it made our trip a great experience

1  Thank RJM65
Reviewed 30 May 2010

To echo the previous review, Brussels@Heart is by far the best B&B that I have ever had the pleasure to stay at. I just returned from a week-long stay and only have good things to say about my experience.

The location – about a 10-minute walk from both the north train station and the main historical area – is perfect as it’s neither in the heavily tourist-populated area nor the outskirts. There is a subway stop a stone’s throw from the guesthouse, very convenient for visiting the attractions outside the city center. As a woman traveling alone, I never felt unsafe walking anywhere in the proximity of the guesthouse.

The room itself is somewhere between a suite and an apartment. The spacious bedroom is separated from the kitchen and common area, which hold everything you might need – a table and chairs, sofa, fully equipped kitchen (microwave, water boiler, silverware, complementary tea etc.). The décor is a very aesthetically pleasing mix of cozy/homey and trendy. The entire place was very clean – not a trace of dust. I also appreciated the free Wi-Fi.

Carmelo, the owner, did everything in his capacity to make my stay a pleasant one – stocking my fridge with breakfast food the days when I had to catch a very early train, giving me helpful maps, pamphlets and advice on the best places to visit, and even gestures so small yet memorable as replenishing the chocolate by the bedside every day (as opposed to only on the first night, as most hotels do). It was clear to me that Carmelo genuinely enjoys running the guesthouse and interacting with his guests.

This is definitely the place to stay if you want the personal touch and character of a well-run B&B but also the efficiency and cleanliness of a hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo