The Dominican
US$116
US$92
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Brussels off Grand Place(Brussels)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$119
Warwick Brussels(Brussels)
US$211
US$134
  • Restaurant
Adagio Brussels Grand Place(Brussels)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$108
  • Fitness centre
Novotel Brussels City Centre(Brussels)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$128
  • Pool
NH Brussels Bloom(Saint-Josse-ten-Noode)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$93
  • Restaurant
NH Brussels Grand Place Arenberg(Brussels)(Great Value!)
US$147
Made in Louise(Ixelles)
US$125
US$118
2,318 results
All reviewsthe grand placenespresso machinerain showerlovely hotelinner courtyardquiet side streetdesign hotelexecutive roomcomfortable bedsperfect locationwalk in showercentral stationfew minutes walkmini barwithin easy walking distancelong weekendthe main square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Went for a long weekend with my mother, aunt and sister, Friday 10th to Sunday in January. Was pleasantly surprised by the grand look of the hotel from the outside, having passed a few hotels on the way from the station. Inside the décor is stunning, modern and has a boutiquey feel to it. Staff at the reception were all very attentive, saying hello and goodbye as we came in and out of the hotel. When we first arrived, the woman at the desk (sorry i don't her name) was very helpful, gave us a map, circled some of the sights and answered our questions.

The rooms were very nice but I have to agree with what was written below about it being too hot and stuffy at night..but seeing as we only stayed two nights, it wasn't such a big deal. One other small problem was the lighting in the room..even with all the lights on, including the bathroom, the room still felt a bit dingy. We didn't use the sauna or steam bath so cant comment on that, neither did we have breakfast in the hotel. For a few euros outside we picked up some coffee and some pastries, which we were happy to wander around with.

Nevertheless the hotel is in a great location, only a few minutes walking distance to the Grand Place, and even closer to De Brouckere metro station which was very handy to get to the Atomium out of town.
I would definitely recommend this to anyone travelling to Brussels for a long weekend, and would probably stay here again myself.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
thedominican9, General Manager at The Dominican, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Dearest Anisha,
A million thanks for your enthusiasm!
It feels really awesome to read about your happiness...
Please, share your wonderful story with everyone crossing your path.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Stylish modern deco that felt five-star. Booked for a special girlfriends reunion so wanted something swish. Excellent location and service was good.
On getting into bed at 11pm, discovered that duvet had spattered blood stains - had been washed but stains were set in. Phone wasn't working properly so walked down to reception. They immediately sent someone up to change the duvet, so good customer service response. But luxurious mood was spoiled with this bit of "ick". Room was really hot at night, woke up sweating. Could not turn down heat (inadvertantly turned down the water heater, which is next to the fan (not heating) control, so water was cold in the morning, and we had to figure out why, then wait for it to heat up again. Why I would want to adjust the water temperature and not the air temperature doesn't really make sense to me. The hallways smelled a bit dank - not a big deal, just took away from the swish experience. Not terrible things, but for the price and reviews, I was expecting more swish. For value and experience, I wish I'd booked Chez Dominique B&B instead, where I'd stayed earlier in the week.
Resto was ok, was hoping for memorable. Cocktails were really good.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
thedominican9, General Manager at The Dominican, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dearest Sara,
It is with my deepest concerns that I've gone through your words.
Not that I dislike your comments, but I am somehow sad as you were so close to... total satisfaction!
I'm always sobbing when all goes smoothly except for...
I sincerely apologize for the stains on your bed sheets, this simply should not happen!
Please, accept my sincere understanding,

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We were so happy we selected this hotel. It's what you imagine Philipe Stark being inspired by. An old Dominican Monistary converted to a luxury hotel. Absolutely flawless - rooms were gorgeous with every amenity. The bar was great and the service was outstanding. Great location too - just a couple of blocks to walk to the square and a host of shops, restaurants and sites. It was close to everything but was far enough away to be quiet - across from the opera house.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
thedominican9, General Manager at The Dominican, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Kerry,
I feel really flattered by such compliments!
Thank you very much for these kind words...
Please, spread the message all over Boston.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 18 January 2014

It's Saturday morning, there is no hot water, no one is answering the phone in reception and I don't have a bath robe, I'm trapped, help meeeeeeee! 508 by the way, this gets 2stars because until then I though the place was lovely.

Stayed: January 2014

Dear Brendan,
Your story seems 'live'; sorry for being late and unable to help you 'live'!
I sincerely hope you still somehow have enjoyed your stay at The Dominican...
Warmest regards,

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We spent one night at this hotel before returning back to the States from our Christmas trip. Booked off the internet we weren't sure what to expect. Access to the hotel by car was a bit difficult as it it located in a walking zone off of a one-way street. Once we figured out how to get there we were delighted to find a very classy and modern hotel. Staff was extremely busy as we arrived early at peak check-out time but was still extremely friendly and helpful. They took our bags, we went to the beautiful bar for an early drink and told them we would check-in later. The hotel is conveniently located to all the major attractions so we just started walking. We came back later to complete our check-in. Our room was very small but well equipped. The shower was a bit strange with just a glass partition and no door which resultfed in water spilling all over when using the rain shower... Breakfast the next morning was wonderful with fresh croissants, wonderful breads and charcuterie, cheeses, etc.
We enjoyed our short stay and can only recommend this hotel to our fellow travelers

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank malimini1
thedominican9, General Manager at The Dominican, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear,
I really enjoyed reading your great review!
You should see the smile on my face...
Many thanks for having taken the time to write things down,