“Great one night stay.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 200 Hotels in Brussels
Baytown, Texas
“Great one night stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed here for our one night in Brussels. It was an easy walk from Central Station with a small piece of luggage (& rain). It was a fast walk to see the city. The hotel was beautiful. Expensive, but beautiful! And the bed was comfortable!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
thedominican9, General Manager at The Dominican, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Katrina,
Big thanks for your kind review!
Please, let Texas know all about Brussels and The Dominican...
Summerly greetings,
General Manager - The Dominican

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We got an amazing rate on lastminute.com, and we were very surprised to how well the hotel was run.
Service was great - reception was just a phone call away and they helped me out with any questions or queries.
They allowed us to have an early check out which was brilliant as we had started traveling very early in the morning and was desperate to just have a rest.
The hotel room was immaculate, however our room was just down the corridor so try get your room changed if they give you Room 121. I felt like there was less privacy as I could hear people outside, meaning that they could probably hear us too. Having said that, the hotel was quiet at most times so we had a good relaxing stay.
Do remember to hang the 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the door (I frequently forget), otherwise housekeeping will knock at your door very early in the morning.
The rooms are quite dim and don't expect a view, but decor and everything else is great. Very modern.
Didn't have the breakfast as it was quite expensive (27 euros per person). I highly recommend Arcadi which is just a few minutes walk away.
Everything is very nearby - metro, Grand Palace (5-8 minutes walk), Galeries Royal St Hubert is just 2 minutes walk away... extremely convenient for non-drivers like us.
We had an amazing stay at The Dominican and would like to thank their staff for their pleasant service.
We walked from Brussels-Midi to the hotel when we arrived (it was about a 30-minute walk but with just one suitcase it was fine for us). However when we left it was raining so we took the tram - very easy and just a few stops away.

2 Thank Bethney Y
thedominican9, General Manager at The Dominican, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear guest,
Thanks a lot for such positive report!
I really appreciate your detailed story, and I am convinced that it will help other travelers to make the best choices...
Summerly regards,
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

An exceptional hotel in all respects, with welcoming, informed and helpful front-desk staff; impeccable room-service; beautifully appointed rooms, restaurant and entrance foyer; classically understated décor, elegant architecture; and a perfect downtown location.

Do make sure to leave time for the extensive, delicious breakfast buffet, as well as a night-cap in the bar.

Great ambience, very highly recommended - just exemplary.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
thedominican9, General Manager at The Dominican, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Ben,
It is with greatest delight that I've gone through your words!
Thank you soooo much for making my day...
Please, spread the message all over Canada.
I hope to welcome you again soon,
Derbyshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I picked this hotel because of the excellent advise from reception even prior to booking! The hotel is right in the centre of action and easy to access from both Brussels city and Charleroi airport. The hotel is beautiful, well designed and good quality rooms and public areas. Every member of staff was helpful and went out of their way, charging my mobile phone, finding times for shuttle bus etc. I liked the way the hotel was very under assuming from the front but had a beautiful interior and courtyard. Would definitely stay again and recommend to others.

1 Thank DerbyshireLottie
Dearest guest,
Your message smells better than any flower!
A million thanks for such flattering words.
Your happiness is my satisfaction,
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

This may be my shortest review ever: not a single thing they could do better. Location, room, breakfast, public areas, cleaniness - perfection! All this comes for a price, of course, but here I was happy to pay it. My favourite Brussels hotel from now on!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JanBerlin
Well, dear Jan, let me be short as well:
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!
Kindest regards,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

This was one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. Surely it deserves 5*, the hotel was clean, modern, big rooms with beautiful bathroom and located in the centre. The staff were very nice and helpful, The free wifi was very good and i think it should not be limited offer. We did not get breakfast as it was very expensive but been in the middle of everything made it easy to get food with reasonable price.

Cleanliness
1 Thank W0rldTraveller11
Dear,
Many thanks for your kindest review.
Due to your efforts to write things down, we are enabled to evaluate the quality level of our services.
Warm regards,
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Let's just say I was very UNDERwhelmed given the reviews I read. Yes -- the location was good; however I got turned around on my morning run and no one had heard of the hotel including a local police officer. Thank goodness for Siri -- she guided me back to the hotel. I later found the Amigo and Novotel and thought they were located in a better area. And yes -- the hotel is modern and well appointed. But I found the staff to be distant and impersonal. FYI -- this was not the case in my recent travels to Istanbul and Amsterdam Overall , the customer service was polite but not overly helpful

Let me give a couple of examples: there is no valet to greet you and assist with bags. You have to pull the heavy doors to reception and I ended up dropping my backpack and IPad. No one said anything and did not seem to notice although the lobby was empty. Later I called reception BC the room was too cold. They simply said turn off AC but made no attempt to explain how to adjust the device.

The hotel does have a small cardio area as a fitness center. The bathrooms are very nice and there's free wifi. There's also a minibar in the room and the bed was very comfortable.

If you decide to stay there avoid the rooms at the front of the hotel. I stayed in a loft overlooking the front and it was noisy all night. VERY noisy!

Thee are too many options in Brussels. Next trip I'm trying the Amigo or one of the Sofitels.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Erick,
Many thanks for having taken the time to write things down.
Your honesty is kindly appreciated.
I sincerely apologize for not fulfilling all your expectations.
Warm regards,