“Good value and a reasonable price”
Review of L'Altro Mondo

L'Altro Mondo
Reserve with
L'Altro Mondo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,612 of 3,691 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We ate here on the 6/12 whilst on a 2 day trip to Brussels. We had observed the number of customers using this restaurant the previous evening whilst dining opposite and gave it ago. We had a couple of pasta dishes and half a carafe of wine, fresh hot bread was served with the meal which was not charged for. The portions were more than adequate. The restaurant was fairly busy and had a good atmosphere. When we received the bill we were well surprised - just over 25 euros! Close to the Grand Place and well worth a visit.

There are newer reviews for L'Altro Mondo

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Two of us ate here in early September and I felt as if we were treated well and the food was decent. In this area, there are a hundred choices with people in the streets bribing you to enter their restaurants but this one didn't have that and the prices were below what everyone and their dog were selling at. We found service friendly. Speed of service was normal for europe but our server was very hard working. The daily special at the time was mussels and fries for 8 euro 50. It is 1.2 kg of mussels and they are good. I think people expect too much when it comes to europe and touristy areas. If you find yourself walking endlessly through a maze of the same menu printed 100 times. Try this place to save some time. It is decent.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

We visited this restaurant not having read any reviews and was shocked when I did. For us the place was fine and the food good. In fact we went twice during our stay in Brussels. The pizza was good and my wife's pasta tasty. I would return without hesitation.

Reviewed 2 January 2013 via mobile

Strange atmosphere, a lot of tension between the staff. Starter was ok but pizza main course was horrendous! Just do not go here! Very bad first meal of 2013

2  Thank captjack76
Reviewed 2 January 2012

This is probably the worst restaurant in Belgium.

First, the dishes look like food served in the canteen. They are bland and cold.
I love pizza. For the first time in my life, I haved not finished my pizza.
My wife had eat an "Saltimbonca RIMINI". I was shocked; the meat was raw indoor.
I said nothing to the servers but I was annoyed.
The quality/price is correct, the price is low, the food is bad.

Secondly, the service is ok, very friendly servers. This is the only positive thing I retained.

2  Thank Douglas M