“Nice 'Irish' bar”

MacSweeney's
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is a nice Irish bar in Brussels. It is good for a couple of drinks, and is frequented by lots of Belgians which I liked. It isn't a bar full of ex-pats.

They show sport but not excessive...the Guinness was amazingly good, I'd go as far to say as the best I've had outside of Ireland.

There is a decent food menu that is good value, good sized portions, good quality and quick service.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

This is a perfectly good bar with swift and polite service. It serves a decent range of good Belgian beer, but it is not anything other than a good average bar, handy for the hotel.

Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

We where staying near by (down the road on nh Stephanie) we went on or first evening for a quick bite.

THE STAFF- I found the staff rude, and not willing to talk to us, we where clearly tourists. The main one behind the bar had no manners at all. I also asked where the toilet was and was ponited down dark stairs and I had to turn the lights ON by my self, it made me very uneasy.

THE FOOD- We had burgers which where rubbish.

I found the bar very I overpriced, not pleased with it at all.

1  Thank Lauren M
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Run by an Irish couple, cracking wooden surrounds and plenty to see from wherever you sit. Sat at the bar for four hours downing Leffe Blonds and had some cracking banter with the crew there. Well away from the cheese in the centre of town. Great bar....don't recall leaving!!!

Reviewed 28 August 2012

This was right next to our hotel so convenient for a drink and quick bite but food was disappointing, I had the croques monsieur and could have made better on a camping stove, partner had calamari and was clearly from a packet. Having said that for a pint it was good and the staff were friendly and helpful.