“tasty food outweighs poor presentation”
Review of Shezan

Shezan
Ranked #572 of 3,883 Restaurants in Brussels
Price range: US$18 - US$25
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I've recently been here on a Saturday evening for dinner with a group of friends.
The restaurant offers pompadoms and tasty sauces (mango chutney & pickles) to keep you going until your meal arrives.

My partner ordered a prawn starter however when it arrived it was small shrimps and not prawns. They could improve on their plate presentation as some of the starters looked like something you'd expect from a fast food place. The taste and flavouring made up for the poor presentation. I enjoyed my meal of palak gosht (lamb with spinach) and since the food arrives on warmers the food stayed warm for a while.

Don't order coffee unless you enjoy instant.

Service was efficient and although friendly I found our waiter to be a bit bossy.
In general a clean restaurant I did notice food stains on the white tablecloth (which is a put off putting).

this place offers good value for money and I'd go back again.

2  Thank emily w

Reviewed 10 June 2013

We found a groupon for this restaurant and decided to give it a try. They gave us a special groupon menu to choose from and all the dishes we chose were really good but the portions were REALLY small! My lamb dish with lentils (Dall Gosht) had a total of 3 small pieces of lamb! Now I don't know whether these are smaller portions due to our coming in with coupons, but I would never pay the menu price of 10€ per dish for such small amounts. The food was really good, but we won't return since the amounts aren't worth the price. We've had larger quantities elsewhere which are just as good. Service was good and the food came at a good, although not fast, pace.

1  Thank BrusselsSprouter
Reviewed 28 April 2013

We loved it from decor to service and food. The place looks very clean and food is simple and tasty. Try the Veg samosas :) awesome and the starters with paid and a beautiful mango chutney and pickles :)

2  Thank Sabyadg
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Great food, average service, decent prices, overall good experienceand would love another visit. Loved their chicken korma, and their lamb bhouna. A taste never found in any other indian retaurant in brussels....so far.

1  Thank Ryannnnn
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Exceptionally good cooking - I think the chicken tandoori was the best I've had anywhere - but chaotic service, with people being asked to move from one table to another all the time so that another group could be squeezed in. Perhaps it was particularly crowded that night, or a lot of people had turned up without booking (it seemed very popular with the Brussels dining-out crowd), but still...

1  Thank ELear