“Definitely one of the best !”
Review of La Villa Lorraine

La Villa Lorraine
Reserve with
La Villa Lorraine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 3,712 Restaurants in Brussels
Price range: US$136 - US$220
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: For generations of gourmets, the Villa Lorraine has always symbolised the meeting place of the food excellence and the perfection of a warm welcome. For over a century now, fine dining and elegancy have been on the menu, here in an area that must be among the greenest in the capital of Europe, at the very heart of the For��t de Soignes. Today, we still don't even know exactly when building began, probably around the end of the nineteenth century, on this elegant construction that takes it name from the nearbydr��ve de Lorraine. From the outset, this pretty house has attracted an elegant clientele, looking for an experience of the very highest calibre.
Reviewed 21 May 2014

"La Villa Lorraine" is one of the best restaurant we tried. Service top class and absolutely great dinner. Wine was excellent and for a place like this not too expensive ! A great decoration and an excellent atmosphere. We had a superb dinner !

2  Thank Ghislain D

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Chosen for a birthday celebration and it didn't disappoint. Yes, it's expensive, very, but the standard of cooking is extremely high and some poor soul must have spent hours making the little touches that make the dishes memorable. The labour involved was immense. We had 5 course tasting menu and the waiter recommended an excellent choice of wine. The staff were very friendly and attentive but professional at the same time. Service in Belgian restaurants is not fast but I found the meal ideally paced, time to allow digestion. The décor was beautiful too. I am very fortunate to have eaten in some truly superb restaurants and this is up there with the very best

2  Thank BendMak
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I went to Villa Lorraine for the first time together with my girlfriend on the 11th of January. We were in Brussels for my girlfriend's birthday and enjoy going to very good restaurants so having heard good things and with the recent award of a Michlin star we were looking forward to a treat.

While there were a couple of positives - including the location which is beautiful and the lounge area which is a great place for a pre-dinner drink - the overall experience was very disappointing indeed. For one thing, the food (scallops followed by sole and turbot) was average at best which is less than one would expect given the very high prices being charged.

However, what really lets this place down is the attitude of some members of staff. We had to wait for more than an hour after ordering our starters until they were served and then another hour for our mains. When we enquired about the wait we were told by the manager on duty that we could order deserts and digestifs on the house.

When the bill came in it turns out we had been charged for everything we had ordered and upon pointing this out to Cedric, one of the waiters, we were told there was nothing he could do for us. Despite the fact that we explained how we had been offered complimentary food and drinks due to the significant delay we were told we had to pay the full bill. We were held for so long by Cedric that the restaurant was empty apart from us and a few members of staff and needless to say the whole experience was very upsetting for my girlfriend on her birthday. In the end, after having called the duty manager, we were offered the wine on the house.

I left my name, phone number and e-mail and was told that the manager would contact me so that I could personally raise my complaints/feedback, however I never heard anything back from Villa Lorraine.

Given the attitude of staff and the average quality of the food being served, I am not surprised that this once great institution has lost its former glory and 2 out of 3 Michelin stars. Disappointing is the word.

C Billinger, London

6  Thank Christian B
STL5583, Propriétaire at La Villa Lorraine, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

I find your comment unfair and i would like to bring our version of the facts. First of all, your dinner took place within twenty past two o'clock and without any problem of cooking or quality.
On the other hand, you required a compensation for your wait; the waiter, considering that everything had been normal, did not give in to your blackmail (in particular to have this kind of critic on tripadvisor) So, you refused to pay the bill and you waited more than one hour by making you serve a liqueur for the house, which was not granted to you. At 23:30, Mister Cédric Levis phoned me not knowing what to do. I said that we never give in to the blackmail when there is no error from us and specifically when the purpose is to obtain a reduction or advantages. To finish with your understandable attitude, he didn't count the coffees. You left your address and phone number, asking that the owner contacts you (my-self). I usually do not respond to this sort of attitude, but in this case, I make an exception to restore the facts which can be proved by the bill. I regret the way you interpreted your evening and the description you made.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

First visit for me and my relatives to this lovely place to eat. I did not know that this restaurant just received a 'star', which is a high mark of quality for an already good ranked restaurants such as la Villa Lorraine. We had to deal with five different services based on the truffle. Delighted to feel tastes never experienced before. Moreover I have to admit that those guys are completely devoted to the quality of food served to their customers. Together with the quality of service and the lovely decoration, this restaurant is a concrete jewel for people who are keen about food. Cheap seller would say, trying it, is adopting it; but honestly… They are very right indeed!

1  Thank antoinedelmar
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Truly one of the best. meals. ever! We dined on the 36euro pre fix menu. Simply outstanding. The salmon tartar appetizer was expertly prepared. The veal cheek was cut with your fork tender, most flavorful entree I have ever had. And the dessert is not to be missed! All plates were stunningly presented. The wait staff was spot on with their wine and food recommendations, the entire staff was most attentive. I cannot WAIT to dine here again. Delectable! Thank you La Villa Lorraine for a exquisite dining experience.