“Would never recommend to my worst enemy”
Review of 2Go4 De Brouckere

2Go4 De Brouckere
Ranked #10 of 148 Speciality Lodging in Brussels
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Quite possibly the worst service I have ever experienced in my entire life. Plus the showers were so cold it was like being pelted with needles.
My friends and I came home to two strangers sleeping in our bed and had to make due elsewhere. We went to go checkout and the woman at the front desk yelled at us for letting in strangers off the street to sleep in our bed and refused our deposit. Not only did we have the pleasure of paying for a bed we didn't get to sleep in, we got blamed for it without even being able to defend ourselves. The friends we made at the hostel also got called an idiot by this woman because they couldn't find their receipt....quick enough. Was never lost to begin with. Totally unprofessional and downright rude

Oh and bonus: someones entire belongings got stolen out of our room by another PAYING GUEST. Never ever ever would I recommend this hostel to my worst enemy

Room Tip: Your best bet at a good room is in a different hostel. We stayed at Hotel Barry down the street for...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank elliehigs

Reviewed 26 January 2014

And it just got better from there.
I'm honestly surprised by the negative reviews on here.
I stayed for 4 nights and had an amazing time. I always felt super comfortable here.
I was in a 10 bed mixed dorm, which must have been recently done up because it was pristine clean. There were lockers in the room to keep your stuff safe, along with two sinks so I didn't have to walk down the hall to brush my teeth in the evening.

The bathrooms were also very clean and again, must have been recently redone because they were very modern. The showers were AMAZING. Water pressure, temperature, all good!

No breakfast, but they do offer complimentary tea, coffee and hot chocolate in the mornings which is nice. There is also an excellent kitchen facility so cooking your own food is not a problem. There's a Carrefour around the corner to get all your supplies from.

I noticed a sign that said they had recently redone their wifi network. It was very good. I could stream tv without any problems.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The reception does close between 11-7 but that's not an issue really.

I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Brussels.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Madison W
Reviewed 20 January 2014

No Receptionist during nightshift, somebody slept on my bed and stole my favorite shirt, and as there is no assistance whatsoever, I had to spend the night outside (nobody even answered the "emergency phone", who knows what happens there when something serious happens). The day later, I was told that I wasn't a child and should have woken up the person myself without even caring or saying sorry (of course, all "adults" want to sleep in a bed someone else used), so it should have been my fault altogether. As I asked for a refund, I got the money and got practically kicked out, also noticed that they probably checked my bag, as they knew where it was (not in the room, as I got a (used!) shirt stolen, and gave me access to the room where it was (they said the room had (......) opening hours). Plus there was a corn flake literally glued to the sheet. Avoid like the plague.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect after reading the reviews on trip advisor which were really mixed. However I had a great stay at 2go4. The people in my dorm were great value, really friendly and the most fun I've had on my Europe trip so far. Room was clean. I paid for a 10 bed dorm but ended up in a 6 bed dorm. 10 min walk to Grand Place, 15 mins to central train station. Close to bars and supermarkets. No breakfast sadly but easy to pick something up on the way. Very helpful and printed a train ticket for me. Excellent wifi in rooms. I didn't have any problems with closed reception, was even able to collect my bag at 2pm on the day I checked out. I recommend this hostel!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 January 2014

The hostel is pretty close to place de Brouckère, so the location is pretty handy if you want to have a walk in the center or few drinks in some belgian brasserie. The staff was pretty kind even if the reception is closed between 13:00 to 16:00 that it's pretty strange for an hostel. There are locker available but you need to bring your own padlock or buy one at the reception for 4 euro (maybe a little too expensive).

The staff usually provide you some maps but don't expect too much from them in terms of tourist tips. They leaves at 23 and lock the common room. Last night I was trying to sleep and some A teenagers got drunk and decided to start screaming without being stopped by anyone. I hope it was an isolate case.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 January 2014

A few days before New Year's eve it is not easy to find a place to stay and we booked this place without much of a choice. However, it turned out to be quite awesome. It is two tram stations away from the center (walkable distance, by all means) and the staff was quite friendly. You need to make a deposit to get your bed sheets and the reception is not 24/7 (includes closing the kitchen and common room) but I think it was quite a nice find. Also, they recently installer their WiFi so previous criticisms could be revised.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Clean Bed: Yes, with newly renovated rooms, everything is still pristine (with a power point for each bed too!)

Clean Bathroom: Yes, both common and en suites are cleaned daily and mostly smell pleasantly fresh.

WiFi: No!!! Exceptionally poor quality (google search timeouts often), intermittent drop outs and the need to log in every time, don't bother with it, go to a nearby pub, waffle house or fast food restaurant.

Kitchen: No!!! It's there, clean and well provisioned, but closed between 13:00 - 17:00 and 23:00 - 07:30. So if you want to do a museum or tour (most start at 10:00 or 11:00) for 3hours and then cook your own lunch, bad luck. Likewise with a late dinner or drink. Terrible idea and very unsociable!

Common Room: No!!! Whats there is spacious and inviting, but with the same opening hours as the kitchen, its of limited use, especially on Friday & Saturday nights. Also, you can't eat in your room, and you can't eat in the common room when its closed, so stand outside in the cold ...

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo