Exki Froissart
Price range: US$6 - US$12
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Exki was located opposite our hotel in Brussels, and as we all dislike hotel breakfasts and my teenage sons wake up very late anyway, we were searching for brunch.

Exki was straight ahead of us, and when we went in, we were thrilled. Pre-packed salads looked, and were fine, but the winners were the soups, the freshly baked tarts, and the fresh fruits. Smoothies are made with fresh fruit and green tea, which is really excellent, and the fresh tarts, both sweet and savoury, are original and very good.

There are gluten free options, which are good for us, and also those who have to avoid carbs are reasonably well catered for.

We were pleased to discover that there are a number of branches throughout Belgium and other parts of Europe.

It feels like the place that some UK chains want to be, but fail. Fresh, original, and delicious.

Staff competent and friendly.

Do try it.

Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

Good spot for breakfast, especially when your hotel asks 27€ per person. Nice pastries, good-ish coffee, yummy lemon merignue pie... Visited the one on the street below the Berlaymont building.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

I just found a flies' wing in a salad that I bought at exki... and soups are just disgusting and tasteless. I don't feel like going there ever again.

1  Thank traveller_IM13
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Exki is a good soup restaurant. Soup is freshly made and tasty, also it is good value. The salads on the other hand are variable. My pasta salad too sour. Service was not terrific. When the barcode reader could not read the barcode on my salad I was sent back to check the price of the item. My view is go there only for soups.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

My husband and I stayed in Brussels for a few days and ate here every day for breakfast and for our lunch before we left. A really lovely chain of cafes (we tried a few) with a great selection of coffee and food. The staff were also very friendly and helpful. Delicious, wholesome, organic food, all clearly labelled and the cafes all have a very laid-back but fast-paced atmosphere, making it very enjoyable to spend some time there. As vegetarians it can be a little troublesome to find good meals while travelling, but Exki is very convenient and had a lot to offer.

We particularly enjoy their lair russe coffee, pastries, focaccia and quiche. It was very affordable overall and we would definitely recommend it to others.