“First-rate franchise”

Ranked #273 of 3,556 Restaurants in Brussels
Price range: US$6 - US$11
Cuisines: Fast food, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Columbia, Maryland
“First-rate franchise”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I had passed Exki restaurants several times on previous trips to Brussels; this time I stopped in for a sandwich and side salad. Overall I was very pleased with the flavor, freshness, and quality of the food. Price was very reasonable. I made several visits during the week for morning coffee and found the service to be prompt and friendly. I would recommend checking the web site first to understand the menu and wide variety of offerings. That makes things go much quicker once you enter the restaurant.

• Visited September 2013

Slavonski Brod, Brodsko-Posavska, Croatia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I was delighted with a vegetable cream soup, vegetable pie and cake - the cake was marvellous! Prices are a little bit high bit it is worth each cent!

• Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“A delightful surprise”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Exki was located opposite our hotel in Brussels, and as we all dislike hotel breakfasts and my teenage sons wake up very late anyway, we were searching for brunch.

Exki was straight ahead of us, and when we went in, we were thrilled. Pre-packed salads looked, and were fine, but the winners were the soups, the freshly baked tarts, and the fresh fruits. Smoothies are made with fresh fruit and green tea, which is really excellent, and the fresh tarts, both sweet and savoury, are original and very good.

There are gluten free options, which are good for us, and also those who have to avoid carbs are reasonably well catered for.

We were pleased to discover that there are a number of branches throughout Belgium and other parts of Europe.

It feels like the place that some UK chains want to be, but fail. Fresh, original, and delicious.

Staff competent and friendly.

Do try it.

• Visited July 2013
Athens, Greece
“Good choise for breakfast”
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

Good spot for breakfast, especially when your hotel asks 27€ per person. Nice pastries, good-ish coffee, yummy lemon merignue pie... Visited the one on the street below the Berlaymont building.

• Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never again”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I just found a flies' wing in a salad that I bought at exki... and soups are just disgusting and tasteless. I don't feel like going there ever again.

Visited July 2013