“Perfect Pizza, Classic Ambiance”
Review of Pizzeria Mirante

Pizzeria Mirante
Ranked #643 of 3,579 Restaurants in Brussels
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Highland, Maryland
“Perfect Pizza, Classic Ambiance”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

We were looking for good pizza in Brussels. One recommended restaurant was blah, hardly anyone there on a Friday night. Then we found Mirante. This 12-table place was packed and we were lucky to get the last one. 1/2 bottle of Chianti and the special Mirante pizza did the trick -- it had spicy salami, onions, and who knows what else. Exquisite. Waiter? An impatient guy in a white t-shirt. Perfect!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank richard_traveler

• Turkish first
Brussels, Belgium
“Defnitely the best pizzas of Brussels”
Reviewed 2 December 2012

I have attended this restaurant for 20 years. Do not expect great service. Just come for the pizzas and for the traditional Italian cuisine and you will not be disappointed.

I am of Italian origin and I have always been fed with Italian food.

The pizzas here are the best in Brussels. I have eaten in many pizzerias in Italy where the pizzas were not as good as here. Even in Naples, the world capital of pizza.

Try the pizza Vesuvio !

• Visited December 2012
“Cranky Owner”
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I have been here more times than I care to mention....and tonight was definitely the last. There pasta is usually good...their pizza is average, but their service (owner) has always been rude, short and insulting. I disregarded it most of the time writing him off as a typical proud Italian. Tonight my friend ordered a pasta with fish and the fish was fishy and smelly....and not in a pleasant way. He kindly asked if he could change it for something else and the owner got so defensive. Mind you, we have never returned anything here, and considering we have been regulars for years I was shocked that he would even question us. Anyways, it's not worth coming back. There are many better restaurants in Brussels and neighboring countries. It was just a convenient location from our apartment.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank carlo283
Dublin
“Come for the antipasti stay for the pizza”
Reviewed 23 June 2012

The Mirante is small but not that small. Maybe it seems bigger than it is because the friendly staff will always find you a table even at the busiest times. Its popularity means there is always a great atmosphere as locals and ex-pats get together to taste the great Italian food. I first went there as I had heard that the pizzas were the best in central Brussels. They are indeed something special, especially my favorite the Caruso, rucola, goats cheese and parma ham. However the dish that calls me back time and time again is the antipasto selection available as a starter or main course. Delicious, it seems the earlier you get there, the more antipasti are on offer. There is a limited wine list, all Italian, with a special regional variation each month. The staff are friendly, Italian and highly efficient.

Visited May 2012
Brussels
“Good pizza with a busy atmosphere”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Consider that the place is small but the turnover is quick so you may have to wait a little depending on period. Tables are quite crammed so I would not consider it for a Romantik dinner. The pizza is rather good and is quick to arrive at the table. One of the best pizzas you can get in the center of Brussels for a good price.

• Visited July 2011