“Warm and welcoming”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We live in a neighbourhood and go to this restaurant about once per month. One of the best features of this place is the super friendly and nice owner, she always makes you feel the most welcome guest, even on the busiest nights. But one should not forget the delicious creole food: our favourite is the porcinet (piglet), a really wonderful combination of exotic flavours. We have brought friends with us several times and no one was ever disappointed. Even our picky children like it, which is a special recommendation.

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

We went to this restaurant for a business dinner. The reunion food was something very unique, which I haven t found in a restaurant before. All dishes were very nicely spiced and had lots of flavor. Service was very friendly and warm, and the server had plenty of opinions and suggestions for us about their food, which our table enjoyed.
The server will guide you if you would like non spicy food, and there are plenty of such choices.
I highly recommend the appetizer assortment.
There is a nice patio in the back which must be idyllic during summer.
I will try to return on my next trip to the area.

1  Thank jeangot
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I live near the restaurant on Lesbroussart and i go there a lot for dinners with my girlfriend and my girlfriend goes there almost every day for lunch because of the great ambience, friendly atmosphere and very tasty food! We love this great restaurant its romantic, fun and fantastic for all occasions and the hosts are very friendly, welcoming and always trying to make the customers happy, wonderful place !

2  Thank Rickard Y
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Having tried many items on the menu at the Case Creole, I have never been disappointed! The food is delicious and makes a change from Belgian cuisine. My favourite would have to be the tartare de poisson for starters and the bavette creole for mains, but also the perche du nil and the cari de poisson are to die for. If you have any questions about the exotic menu, make sure to ask for explanations. They are happy to guide your tastebuds. I always enjoy the food, the atmosphere and the quality/price ratio. Telma, the lady of the house, is charming and welcoming, as is the girl who works there on the week-ends. The choice of rum cocktails is vast and the house wines are delicious. Make sure to make reservations as of Thursday because it's a popular place!

1  Thank Ann L
Reviewed 21 January 2013

La Case Creole offers some unusual and very good food.

The menu is intimidating and offers no explanations, making it difficult to discern even for French speakers. Have no fear, there are several items which I can recommend. The Bavette Creole is a flank steak sliced and cooked in a mysterious, indescribable, yet flavorsome and tasty sauce. It was quite memorable, and makes me want to return.

There are several “caris” on the menu, which is basically a Reunionese stew. The lamb curry was also good. I wanted to try the Chicken Moambe, but the waitress warned me that it was very strong tasting and may not be suitable for my non-African palate. Go for it if you are adventurous, I’ll definitely try it next time.

The appetizer platter includes several samosas and other snacks. Several excellent rum drinks are offered, and the banana dessert was very good.

The only downside was the service which was borderline incompetent.