“What you pay is what you get”

Hotel Class'eco Charleroi
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Charleroi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Krakow, Poland
Reviewed 26 July 2013

As a rule I do not write many reveiws, and normally only write them if I think think service is excellent... This is not however why I am writing this review... This was not just a bad hotel, this is a contender for one of the worst!!
To start, despite being relatively close to the airport it is not close to anything. Walking to the area I soon realised it probably wasn't the nicest or most welcoming part of town, this is not that big a deal however. Once we arrived we spoke to the receptionist man, he seemed to be the only person working at the hotel. He was rude and vague, gave us a code for our room to get in and out as they seem to be using some code system that might have been cool in the 60's.
The room was tiny and looked horrible ...the tv remote didn't work and you could get one channel with reception on the 10 inch 1992 model tv they supply you.. There is one PowerPoint that is in a horrible position and is so close to the wall most plugs won't fit, don't even bother with an adapter... The room is a sweat box you could open the window awkwardly however then you have both a window flapping around as we'll as lots of bugs flying in.. The bed as well had bed bugs with both myself and my girlfriend waking up with bite rashes on our arms and legs! This didn't surprise me as it barely looked like the room was even cleaned, the towels given in our room were on the floor next to the tap that couldn't be regulated in temperature and were only slightly bigger than hand towels... The bathrooms are shared, no problem as we were aware of this but we at least thought they should be clean, the toilet was saturated in urine all over and the shower was worse than a shower at the beach and had a auto timer that made it turn off every 15 seconds so u had to keep pressing it...
We are backpackers, we are used to rudimentary accomodation, I have stayed in many hostels and motels and all over the world but this one certainly left me with a bad taste... Ohh and not to mention we asked for a morning taxi to pick us up.. When we awoke and hopped in the taxi, they charged us a rip of price each as well as saying we can't leave yet as they have organised other people to come into our taxi without notifying us!!
There is soo much wrong with this hotel I could continue rambling on, the colour scheme, the filthy carpet, the terrible service, the dodgy creeps who hang around outside, the one pillow we were given.. But enough, please listen to me and stay elsewhere! This place is horrible, If u want to stay near the airport consider going and sleeping at the airport as this is a far better alternative to Formula 1 Charleroi!!!!

Room Tip: I imagine all rooms would be just as bad at this place...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bernard H
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2013

for a real real budget sleep experience this is sufficient. basin in the room is good, lower bed is comfy, dont know about the upper bunk. could do with more power points....the automated plastic shower cubicle is annoying though. breakfast was better than expected. a straight in/out experience

Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ummar69
Eastern Canada
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Because I had just one day in a stopover, I thought to go to Brussels, then decided to visit the town of the airport- Charleroi. It was easy to get a cheap bus from the airport. I went straight to the tourist information office at the train/bus terminal. Although the lady there had a horrible cold and was relatively busy, she took lots of time to help me with my options. She seemed surprised and pleased that I had chosen to spend my day there. I left with good directions and pamphlets of local interest. It was snowy and cold but the city is small and compact, with another tourist info office right in the town square. I was able to leave my suitcase there until closing.
I visited the art school/gallery,museum, cathedral, walked the technical school area(unfortunately, there was no showing at the time). A very attractive and friendly town in my experience.
Formula 1 was the least expensive option for a hotel (less than E50 for 2- breakfast extra and not worth it)) and I had to take a bus. A man who spoke some English walked me to the correct bus stand(because it was a weekend the bus did not leave from its usual place) and waited to speak with the driver. The driver dropped me right across the road from the hotel, cautioned me to take care of my belongings and not wander at night.
The receptionist, male, explained that the washrooms and showers were shared, and that I could access hot water for tea 24 hours free from the coffee machine. There would someone manning the desk all night. As there was a phone in the room I could have a wake up call. Both receptionists spoke perfect English and were more than helpful. They have an agreement with a local cab company to the airport for a reasonable rate.

Room Tip: My room was nonsmoking and I am sensitive to smoke so was apprehensive in this budget hotel, but no...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank EasternCanadaKoda
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 15 January 2013

My boyfriend and i had planned to stay in this hotel the night before an early airport departure from the nearby airport.On arrival the receptionist informed us that the showers and toilets were communal.We were only staying there for the night so we decided to just go ahead and check in.He then told us that we had not payed anything and that he had no record of our booking even though we had a reference number and had booked it through bookings.com.We told him that we had payed and he kept on denying it and trying to get us to pay again.We left the hotel refusing to pay again after getting a really bad unsafe feeling from the place as the tiny reception was full of sleezy dodgy looking people which were also walking up and down outside the hotel.We felt very unsafe and the hotel is on its own in a very unsafe area to make matters worse.When we arrived home we checked our credit card balance and we had paid so they took our money in this scam.He even asked us if we wanted a taxi to the airport at a price which we later found was 3 x the amount of the normal price.This hotel was awful.I would definetly not recommend it! This hotel was a NIGHTMARE!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Lolly B

Travellers are raving about these Charleroi hotels

Brno, Czech Republic
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We've chosen this hotel for our journey to Brussels via Charleroi Airport. The journey from the airport was quite difficult - there's no direct line, so you need to change between the lines in the shabby Charleroi centre - you spend 4,7€ to get there. The hotel itself wasn't bad, but it was quite untidy. What's more, the bed smelled from cigarettes and I wasn't really sure if all the cleanliness was as it should had been, but not a disaster. Shower and WC facilities all right. Don't buy coffee in the machine downstairs - not worth it at all. About 15 minutes by foot to a supermarket in centre of Gosselies, but be aware - all the shops in Gosselies close at 8 p.m. An advice for travellers to Brussels: 15-minutes by foot is located the Courcelles-Motte rail station (turn left on the main road in front of the hotel) with good connection to Brussels with one change in Luttre. (check www.sncb.be) The ticket costs 7,3€ (9€ from Charleroi Sud) and is available at the conductor.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michal M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charleroi
Ibis Budget Charleroi Aeroport
Best Western Plus Aero 44
#5 of 9 in Charleroi
Leonardo Hotel Charleroi City Center
Ibis Charleroi Centre Gare

Been to Hotel Class'eco Charleroi? Share your experiences!