“Averege hotel BUT very helpful staff”

Ibis Mons Centre Gare
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Mons
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Ended up being brought to Mons by the tow truck as we broke down on our way to Calais so not in our schedule to stay here and in a horrible predicament. The desk staff got in touch with our breakdown company and also helped us with the language barrier with the mechanic at the garage. The rooms were bit pricey as we had to have two rooms (connecting) as there are no rooms for 2adults and 3 kids.
Breakfast was nice enough and there was a small play area for the kids.
it is right near the train station so if you have windows open it can sometimes sound as you are actually on the platform!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Michaël V, Directeur général at Ibis Mons Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Sir or Madam,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Mons Centrum Gare. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

For a 1 night when travelling to family vacation destination, you only need clean room, speedy check in/out, some breakfast bathroom and shower.

This hotel does just that. Nothing more, nothing less.
Restaurant was closed, but that didnot bother us at all
Closeness to railway station could be issue....?

Stayed: July 2014
Michaël V, Directeur général at Ibis Mons Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed for 4 nights . Although I had only booked a single room I was given a double. This was smart and clean, comfortable bed, attractive bathroom with hot showers. Breakfasts were typical continental but toaster had a mind of its own. Visable staff few but courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Den C
Michaël V, Directeur général at Ibis Mons Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Sir or Madam,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Mons Centre Station . It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Michaël Visée.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

although the rooms were fairly basic but that was expected, it was more than adequate for my needs. I found the bed very comfortable. Staff were very helpful at all hours if the day and night. Breakfast was well organised and the Hotel bar had a good range of drink. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Michaël V, Directeur général at Ibis Mons Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Sir,

All the team and myself want to tahnk you again for your nice comments.

Your group and yourself were more than friendly and we hope to welcome you again in a near future.

Michaël
Manager Ibis Mons

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Room is small, mostly clean, but much mold in shower around grout line. I came at 5:15pm to find my room not clean and ready yet and had to wait at least a half hour in the lobby wit my cranky kids. They say they have the 15 minute rule but this was not fixed in 15 minutes! Check in at most hotels is no later than 3pm, so i was surprised by this. The room has nasty carpeting, a double bed, a single bed and a roll away. No frills. No toiletries, not dirty clothes bag, nothing. Its ok but not great for a family at all. Also, our window faced the bus station and street, very loud all night.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Michaël V, Directeur général at Ibis Mons Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for your comment. I just checked the 401 room and a very small stain of mold is present. I immediately asked my housekeeping service to clean it. For the size of the room, you said it was small but how do you fit 4 beds in a small room? The problem is that you were 4 and we proposed you 2 communicative rooms but you did not want (becaue of the price) and prefer 4 beds in a room...why your complain? In Ibis, we have no amenities (that's why the price is low).

I hope I answered your questions.

Manager.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Very basic but Extremely clean hotel!
Situated in the heart of Mons
Typical standard facilities in a room which is adequate for a quick business trip
Staff excellent and polite
Breakfast had a variety of continental treats
Secure parking is fantastic

Room Tip: Back of hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Michaël V, Directeur général at Ibis Mons Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Sir or Madam,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Mons Centrum Station. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

VISEE Michäl

Reviewed 10 June 2014

If you have previously stayed at an Ibis, you know what to expect - this is no different. Location is good, and the gated car park (9 euro) swung it for me as I was on my motorbike. Access is slightly awkward as the bus station can make life awkward for satnav - I had to nip through the bus station, but as it was Sunday, not a problem. Rooms were standard as as usual pretty uninspiring - but functional. I didn't use the restaurant nor take breakfast as I decided to walk into town. This is a simple 10 minute stroll to the Grande Place, but ladies beware - lots of very awkward cobbles the whole way.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank WanderingIslander
Michaël V, Directeur général at Ibis Mons Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comments helping us to improve our services.

Our ibis indeed respects all the standards of the brand.

Sorry for the carpark but an eye detects the movements normally.

On the level of accessibility, the restoration of the city involves some nuisances but arrowing makes it possible quickly to find its road.

The historic center has many paving stones, it is what that it is historical

Thansk again for your comments.

Hope to welcom you in a near future.

Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mons
Dream
#7 of 8 in Mons
Utopia Hotel
Utopia Hotel
#1 of 1 in Masnuy-Saint-Jean

Been to Ibis Mons Centre Gare? Share your experiences!