“Value for money”

Price range: US$55 - US$791
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2014

2 Michelin-stars at a very fair price! A beautifull open kitchen. We went there for a business lunch with our 4 guests. They all went several times to different Michelin Stars estaurants and they were very pleased with this restaurant : good value for money, excellent wines, delicious dishes and 2 surprising and tasty amuses bouche!

3  Thank Stefan K

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I agree with Scooby's review, as we had a family meal here and enjoyed the good value for money menu at 100€ with wine & coffee included in the price.
One little starter after another were a nice start to the meal and then the four main dishes, all in small portions, but delicately cooked and very refined with nice wines to go with them (generous servings of wine) and then two desserts and some extra treats with coffee...we loved it.
Service was friendly and they paid special attention to a food allergy one of us has.
The only negative side is that I found the room a bit noisy, but the open kitchen was very quiet!

Reviewed 23 July 2013

This is one of the more relaxed Michelin-star places we have been to. Staff wear casual outfits and all have the same style of Converse-like sneakers, making this a quirky 'style' element particular to this place. The overall environment and decoration is also laid-back with a nice open kitchen. No snobbishness or overt pretentiousness here.

We chose the largest multi-course menu and enjoyed all 'amuse bouche' starters, sides and mains. Ingredients, as expected, are top, as is preparation and taste balance. Come desert, they really went into top gear and delivered one delight after another.

A particular highlight of the entire meal experience was the outstanding pairing of wines with the dishes. It is a rare occasion that we experienced the sommelier's and cuisine's arts so expertly interwoven. Each wine complimented the mix of ingredients very well and really unlocked additional flavor tastes and smells...an outstanding symbiosis.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Went here with my husband for a special occasion and, while the food was good, it did not blow us away and the overall experience was rather anti-climactic. Honestly, I have been to several Michelin Star restaurants (1, 2 and 3) and am not even sure how this one qualifies as a one star let alone the two stars it has. Was the food bad? no. The service was ok too- but nothing was exceptional. The atmosphere was also disappointing- while the restaurant has an open kitchen - one did not feel compelled to watch- it did not have the feel of master craftsmen at work.

On a positive note, compared with many Michelin star restaurants the prices were relatively reasonable. I just would not go out of my way to return. I would recommend going to any of the Michelin star restaurants in Antwerp instead.

Reviewed 26 January 2013

My personal opinion ?
The food is good, sometimes very good BUT : Not worth the money .... also the setting, I got the impression i was dining in someones livingroom ... To me, the guy is "passé" .... should return to his castle-anex-art-gallery
Again it's my personal opinion. I'm sure there are people loving it there.