“A Good Property... Now Even Better!”

Holiday Inn Hasselt
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Hasselt
Reviewed 13 April 2013

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn, Hasselt now four times, and each time I'm even more pleased than the last time. The facility is spotlessly clean, and the staff is so nice. Breakfast continues to be top notch. I love the wide variety, and they've added 'poffertjes' (tiny mini pancakes) to the breakfast buffet since my last visit. Yummy! The room amenities are still as good as ever; spotlessly clean and comfortable. I love the different varieties of pillows on the bed - lots of nice little touches make this such a nice place to stay.

The last time I was here, my one gripe was the gym. Since my last visit I was pleasantly surprised to see that the gym area was redone complete with light colors, and good machinery. There were free weights, an elliptical machine, two stationary bicycles and a treadmill. In addition there was a new TV as well. Despite being in the basement, the gym is now light and airy and I enjoyed working out in it.

The only tiny little gripe I have is the lunch I had in the restaurant. If one is going to put a 'Croque Monsieur' sandwich on the menu, please make it a true Croque Monsieur. The sandwich I received was a sad ham and cheese sandwich on toast, not grilled. It was lukewarm and I could pull the ham and cheese off the bread...which I did because the bread was so dry. I wouldn't recommend lunch sandwiches, but I do recommend the Spaghetti Bolognese which is good. I also recommend the bar - it was a nice place to unwind after a long day with a decent selection of beer.

Overall I'm very happy with this hotel, and will stay there anytime I'm in the Hasselt area. If I ever get a chance to bring my family with me across the pond to Hasselt on one of my trips to Belgium, I will definitely stay at the Holiday Inn. It's good for both business and pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
HIHASSELT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hasselt, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Dear guest
First of all I want to thank you for your loyalty and coming back to stay with us when visiting Hasselt.
Thank you for letting us know that again you enjoyed your stay with us and that you even liked it more than the previous times.
It is always a great motivation for all of us to read that guests appreciated the service we provide.
Thanks again for your very detailed feedback.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hasselt

Reviewed 28 March 2013

I generally have had nice stays at holiday inns around the world, for that reason I chose this hotel on my way up north in Europe.
Pros: nice friendly staff, quick check in, great breakfast assortment
Cons: room not always clean (and I stayed on the priority club level)... Hairs in bathroom from previous guest, sugar on table were pc is connected, awful slow Internet connection (free) if you pay you get a better speed? Not sure.
Hasselt also a small town but with a varied choice of restaurants.

Room Tip: Priority club level is supposed to be better...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
HIHASSELT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hasselt, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Dear Guests
thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us.
However I am sorry to read that your stay was not a good one over the total line.
Please be assured of our best intentions at all time.
I will surely discuss the issue concerning your room with my housekeeping department. All our room if standard or on Priority Club level should always be clean and welcoming!
Thank you as well for letting me know that you we satisfied by the service our staff provided and your comment on the breakfast.
I surely hope to welcome you again when visiting Hasselt so I will be able to show you that we can do much better.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 days for work. The hotel is excellent! The staff were very nice and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again the next time I visit Hasselt. The only thing they need to do is work with the hotel staff to clarify their billing. The hotel authorized charges for my room for 2 nights which is typical. When I went to check out the desk clerk informed me she was going to "reauthorize" the charge on my card then recharge me for the room. I tried to explain that this would result in a double charge for a period of 2-3 days or perhaps longer given this was the weekend. The desk clerk ended up just authorizing the hold and not recharging me. This really seems strange as hotels all over the world typically authorize a charge, then finalize the charges when you check out. Again, the hotel is great, they just need to get their billing straight.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jmm427
HIHASSELT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hasselt, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for writing a review on your stay with us.
It is very nice to read that you would come back to our hotel when staying in Hasselt.
That is always very inspiring to hear.
Thank you as well to inform us about the remark concerning the billing. I will surely discuss this with my front office manager. Only with these kinds of remarks we can adjust and improve our service there where necessary.
Hope to welcome you soon again.

Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for a weekend in Plopsa park, the package included this attraction and it was an attractive price. The room is big enough for four people, the service is excellent, the swimming pool is nice. Breakfast was excellent. Location near the centre but the hotel lacks a bit of charm compared to other hotels on the centre.

• Stayed: February 2013
HIHASSELT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hasselt, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Dear guests
thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your stay in Holiday Inn Hasselt.
It is always great to read that guests loved the location of the hotel, it surroundings and the services provided. Most of all it is nice to read that you appreciated the friendliness of our staff.
The points you experienced as less positive, will help us in our search to improve our service in every way.
Hopefully we will welcome you many time again when visiting Hasselt.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

The location is ideal. Many shops and restaurants around the hotel. Tongeren is 30 minutes away, Brussels an hour away and Plopsa Indoor just over 5 minutes away. The pool, sauna, and fitness area were a bonus, although the water dispenser was empty and towels were only available at the front desk rather than in the pool area. The breakfast buffet had a large variety from scrambled or boiled eggs to pastry and cold cuts, fresh fruit and several types of juice. We ate in the hotel restaurant one evening and it was surprisingly good. We ordered ala carte and found a good variety with quality meals delivered. The service in the restaurant and throughout the hotel was lovely.

Room Tip: Our room faced the museum and we didn't hear any outside noise on the second floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MilitaryMomTam

Dear Guests
It is always great to read comments like the one you shared with us.
Thank you very much for taking the time to write it on TripAdvisor.
It will surely encourage other guests when looking for a good hotel in Hasselt.
Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you again many more times when visiting Hasselt.

Reviewed 14 February 2013

My family and I stayed for 2 nights. First impression, the hotel is quiet and location is good. It is very close to the shopping street and parking is convenient. They have a tiny indoor pool which can be a little fun for children during the Winter but sadly, it was not heated enough. We dined at the restaurant but were very disappointed with the buffet. Selection was very minimal and the only good thing is, kids dine for free with paying adults. Breakfast was not too bad, for the price of the hotel, I think the breakfast is reasonable. =)

Rooms are pretty small for a family of four and mattresses are too soft. We have a room facing the road but the room is quite sound proof and we were not disturbed by noise. The room that was assigned to us was not really clean. I could see dirt on the table and bits of chips on the carpet. Bathroom is ok and it comes with some toiletries. The air-con don't really work I think. I turned it on but I don't feel cooler and had to sleep without covering myself or I will sweat like a pig.

I would go back again as it is near to a indoor theme park and after a whole day of fun, kids can rest early after a shower,

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
HIHASSELT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hasselt, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Dear Guests
thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us.
it is always very interesting if guest write a review that is so detailed.
All points positive and negative are of great value to us.
The points that you experienced as not so positive will surely help us to improve our service there where needed. I will of course discuss them with the different departments so that we can avoid similar situations in the future.
I apologize for the inconvenience but be assured of our best intentions at all times.
Hopefully you will visit us again on your next trip to Hasselt so we can show you that we can do better.
General manager

Reviewed 8 January 2013

Nice stay at this hotel for 1 night. Quality/price is allright. The bar is comfortable, but you have to pay a lot for your drinks. It's better to go outside and to have a drink in the cosy city centre of Hasselt. Breakfast could have been better.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
HIHASSELT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hasselt, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for writing down a comment of your stay with us.
It is good to know how visitors think about the hotel and its service.
We appreciate aswell you comments about our bar. We will surely take this in mind.
Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you again on your next trip to Hasselt.