“The fish was below average the meat above average”
Review of Bistro Nano

Bistro Nano
Ranked #38 of 289 Restaurants in Hasselt
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

The menu was closed so as starter we had fish with quinoa then veal, there was a huge difference between both like night and day. The conclusion was I need to come back and taste not the menu... Beer was Chimay triple, awesome

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I really felt like an idiot when i discovered what bistro Nano is about, specifically because i have walked past this restaurant a gazillion times before without giving it any attention. Only after dining there with a delicious menu i realized my mistake. I don't eat fish normally but after i ate the salmon i was served at Nano i consider myself converted from now on. This is the kind of place i'm looking after.... Fresh food with original local products, brilliant wine and being served by friendly skillful staff. This is an enjoyment all the way. It's a small place but they serve big tastes. I recommend this place. Thumbs up to the chef and the crew!

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Really good, innovative and fresh food!
The fish was excellent and dessert delicious.
Bravo!

Really good, innovative and fresh food!
The fish was excellent and dessert delicious.
Bravo!

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Nano had amazing reviews so our expectations were quite high. Maybe too high, as our experience (4 people) was quite disappointing. Service was good but the food was average. I had the scampi risotto as an appetizer which wasn't bad but wasn't special either. As a main I had the guinea fowl which was dry. I had a taste of the pork and fish, those were better dishes but to us none of it was really impressive. As a dessert I had a white chocolate mousse with strawberries which was quite nice. To sum it all up: when we received the bill, we were left with an appetite for something more, something special or elevating. Not bad, but definitely overpriced, not worth the money.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

Have been to this place already a couple of times with visiting customers. Excellent food, open kitchen so if you're facing the kitchen you can see the chef in action. Good selection of wines, prices in the normal or the to-be-expected range for a Belgian restaurant (meaning roughly 40-50 euros for a 4 course dinner, drinks excluded. Only downside, the place is a bit small and narrow, so you end up sitting very close to the table next to you.